Table of Contents
- What is Levocet?
- Uses of Levocet
- Levocet Price In India
- How does Levocet work?
- How to take Levocet?
- Common dosage of Levocet
- When to avoid Levocet & Precautions to take?
- Side Effects of Levocet
- Effect on organs?
- Reported allergic reactions?
- Drug interactions to be careful about?
- Shows effects
- Storage Requirements for Levocet
- Pro Tips when taking Levocet
- FAQs – Things to Know About Levocet
- Is Levocet addictive?
- Can I have Levocet with alcohol?
- Any particular food item to be avoided?
- Can I have Levocet when pregnant?
- Can I have Levocet when feeding a baby?
- Can I drive after taking Levocet?
- What happens if I overdose on Levocet?
- What happens if I eat expired Levocet?
- What happens if I miss a dose of Levocet?
Levocet Composition – Levocetirizine (5mg)
Manufactured By – Hetero Drugs Ltd
Prescription – Prescription Required
Form – Tablet
Price – Rs 43
Quantity – 10 tablets in 1 strip
What is Levocet?
- Levocet belongs to anti-histamine group.
- Levocet is a very effective and potent medication to treat year-round allergic symptoms associated with rhinitis and urticaria.
Buy & Enjoy Up to 30% Discount: Myra Medicines | 1mg | Practo
Uses of Levocet
Levocet is prescribed for:
- Allergic Rhinitis
Also Read: Indomethacin Uses
Levocet Price In India
|Strip of 10 Tablets||Rs. 35.00|
|Syrup 30 ml||Rs. 29.00|
|Syrup 60 ml||Rs. 63.50|
Also Read: Limcee Price
How does Levocet work?
Levocet works by blocking the action of a natural substance produced by the body called histamine which is responsible for causing allergic symptoms.
Also Read: Glyciphage Composition | Aspirin Composition
How to take Levocet?
Levocet is administered orally in the form of tablet or syrup, with or without food.
Common dosage of Levocet
- Recommended oral dose for adults is 2.5-5 mg per day in the evening.
- Maximum dose should not exceed 5 mg.
Also Read: Haloperidol Dosage
When to avoid Levocet & Precautions to take?
- Avoid using Levocet if you are allergic to it or any other inactive ingredients present along with it.
- During treatment with this medicine, avoid alcohol as it may increase the risk of side effects such as drowsiness, dizziness, and loss of concentration.
- It is advised to not perform any activities that require high mental alertness such as driving a vehicle.
- Levocet is not recommended for use in patients with kidney disease and creatinine clearance less than 10 ml/min due to the increased risk of severe adverse effects.
- Levocet is not recommended for use in children below 12 years with an impaired kidney function.
- There is an increased risk of sleepiness and impaired thinking when taken with medicines that are sedatives or tranquillizers.
- Caution is advised in elderly patients and patients with spinal cord lesions or prostatic hyperplasia.
Also Read: Diclomol Precaution
Side Effects of Levocet
- Blurred vision
- Runny Nose
- Dry mouth
- Difficulty in passing urine
Effect on organs?
- Nervous system reactions- Somnolence, dizziness, headache.
- Respiratory reactions- Nasopharyngitis, pharyngitis, cough, epistaxis, rhinitis.
- Gastrointestinal reactions- Dry mouth, diarrhea, vomiting, constipation, abdominal pain.
- Other reactions- Fatigue, pyrexia, otitis media.
Reported allergic reactions?
Allergic reactions may include:
- Irritation in the eye
- Shortness of breath
- Swelling of the throat
Drug interactions to be careful about?
- Theophylline- Theophylline reduces the removal of Levocet from the body and can increase the effects of Levocet on the body.
- Ritonavir- Levocet may interact with ritonavir, where ritonavir decreases the removal of Levocet from the body.
- CNS depressants- Co-administration of Levocet with brain depressants may lead to a greater reduction in mental awareness.
- Cetirizine- When Levocet is taken along with cetirizine, it increases the effects of cetirizine on the body.
The effect of Levocet can be observed within an hour of oral administration and the effect lasts for an average duration of 24 hours.
Storage Requirements for Levocet
- Keep it in an air-tight container.
- Store at temperature between 20-25°C
- Keep it away from direct light or moisture.
- Keep it out of reach of children.
Pro Tips when taking Levocet
Levocet should be consumed in the evening because it may cause dizziness.
FAQs – Things to Know About Levocet
Is Levocet addictive?
Can I have Levocet with alcohol?
Any particular food item to be avoided?
Can I have Levocet when pregnant?
Yes; only if benefit outweigh the risks.
Can I have Levocet when feeding a baby?
Yes; only if benefit outweigh the risks.
Can I drive after taking Levocet?
What happens if I overdose on Levocet?
Overdose of Levocet may cause agitation, drowsiness and restlessness.
What happens if I eat expired Levocet?
Expired Levocet may become ineffective in treating your prescribed conditions, thus to be on the safe side, it is important not to use expired drug.
What happens if I miss a dose of Levocet?
If you miss a dose of Levocet, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double dose for a missed one.