Table of Contents
- 1 What is Lisinopril?
- 2 Uses of Lisinopril
- 3 How Does Lisinopril Work?
- 4 How to Take Lisinopril?
- 5 Lisinopril Price in India
- 6 Common Dosage for Lisinopril
- 7 Precautions – When to Avoid Lisinopril?
- 8 Side-Effects of Lisinopril
- 9 Effects of Lisinopril on Organs
- 10 Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- 11 Effects/Results after Consuming Lisinopril
- 12 Storage Requirements about Lisinopril
- 13 Pro Tips When Taking Lisinopril
- 14 FAQs – Things to Know About Lisinopril
- 15 Is Lisinopril addictive?
- 16 Can I have Lisinopril with alcohol?
- 17 Any particular food item to be avoided?
- 18 Can I have Lisinopril when pregnant?
- 19 Can I have Lisinopril when feeding a baby?
- 20 Can I drive after taking Lisinopril?
- 21 What happens if I overdose on Lisinopril?
- 22 What happens if I eat expired Lisinopril?
- 23 What happens if I miss a dose of Lisinopril?
- 24 When Was Lisinopril Made?
What is Lisinopril?
Lisinopril is an angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor drug. It is a third ACE inhibitor which is hydrophilic and not metabolized in the liver. Lisinopril is used to treat Congestive heart failure and High blood pressure (Hypertension).
Buy & Get Minimum 20% Discount: Medlife Offer | 1Mg.Com Offers
Uses of Lisinopril
- Lisinopril is used to prevent or reduce the effect of strokes and heart attack.
- It is also used to treat kidney problems and diabetic nerve pain.
- Lisinopril improves the chance of survival after suffering from a heart attack.
Other medicine's Uses: Meloxicam Uses | Metformin Uses | Mirtazapine Uses
How Does Lisinopril Work?
Lisinopril causes the tightening of blood vessels by blocking a substance in the body. This results in relaxation of blood vessels which lowers the blood pressure and increases the supply of blood and oxygen to the heart.
How to Take Lisinopril?
- Swallow the tablet wholly. Do not crush, chew or break it.
- Lisinopril can be taken with or without food.
- It can be taken by opening the capsule and sprinkling the medicine.
- Lisinopril can be taken with water, apple juice, which makes swallowing easier.
Lisinopril Price in India
|Lisinopril (Volume of 10)||Rs 27.50|
Common Dosage for Lisinopril
- The dosage is different for different conditions. So it is safe to consult the doctor before taking the dosage.
- Hypertension – 10 mg per day and may gradually increase to up to 80 mg per day by the physician.
- Congestive heart failure- 2.5 mg twice per day, which may increase to up to 5 mg per day.
- Myocardial infarction – The initial dose is 5mg per day and the maximum dose is 110 mg per day.
- Diabetic Nephropathy – The initial dose is between 10 and 20 mg per day.
Precautions – When to Avoid Lisinopril?
While taking the Lisinopril you should follow the following steps:
- Don’t delay or miss a scheduled meal or snack
- Don’t take Lisinopril along with other certain medications.
- Avoid consuming alcohol for the initial days while taking Lisinopril.
- Avoid Lisinopril during pregnancy or if you have kidney problems.
Side-Effects of Lisinopril
Some common side effects of Lisinopril are:
- Faintness (Due to low blood pressure)
- Chest pain
- Weakness or tiredness
- Stomach pain
- Swelling in body parts
Also Read: Hydroxyzine Side Effect | Imodium Side Effect | Insulin Side Effect
Effects of Lisinopril on Organs
There are pieces of evidence which reported that consuming Lisinopril hydrolyzes the liver and causes liver damage and jaundice. Lisinopril may also affect the blood vessels and kidney, which results in kidney damage.
Drug Interactions to be Careful About
Drugs which cause serious effects while interacting with Lisinopril are:
- Metformin, etc.,
- The drugs which can take under certain circumstances and shows a moderate effect are amlodipine,
- aspirin 81,
- ibuprofen, etc.,
Effects/Results after Consuming Lisinopril
Lisinopril will show its effect within a few hours to treat high blood pressure and may take up to 2 weeks for full recovery. In the case of heart diseases, it may take weeks or months to show its effects.
Storage Requirements about Lisinopril
Lisinopril can be stored in a closed container at room temperature away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
Pro Tips When Taking Lisinopril
- Lisinopril should be taken in the prescribed dosage and one must only increase the dosage when the physician prescribes it.
- Do not abruptly stop taking this drug as it may cause negative effects on the body.
- Avoid alcohol and certain recommended foods while taking Lisinopril.
- People who are allergic to ACE inhibitors should avoid Lisinopril.
FAQs – Things to Know About Lisinopril
Is Lisinopril addictive?
Can I have Lisinopril with alcohol?
No. Having Lisinopril with alcohol will lower your blood pressure.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
Milk, banana, grapefruit, kale and other leafy greens.
Can I have Lisinopril when pregnant?
No, Lisinopril is not recommended during pregnancy as it causes under development and death in the foetus.
Can I have Lisinopril when feeding a baby?
Avoid Lisinopril when feeding a baby as it can pass through the breast milk which can cause side effects in the baby.
Can I drive after taking Lisinopril?
You should avoid driving if you feel drowsy.
What happens if I overdose on Lisinopril?
It would cause dizziness, weakness, light-headedness, diarrhoea, heartburn, etc.
What happens if I eat expired Lisinopril?
It will not be effective but take advice from your doctor immediately.
What happens if I miss a dose of Lisinopril?
If you miss a dose of Lisinopril take it as soon as you remember it within the next 12 hours. If you don’t, then just go back to your regular dosage.
When Was Lisinopril Made?
Lisinopril was made in the year 1987.