Table of Contents
- 1 What is Livogen?
- 2 Uses of Livogen
- 3 How does Livogen work?
- 4 How to take Livogen?
- 5 Livogen Common Dosage
- 6 When to Avoid Livogen?
- 7 Precautions While Taking Livogen:
- 8 Side-Effects of Livogen:
- 9 Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- 9.1 1. Food Interactions with Livogen
- 9.2 2. Medicines Interactions with Livogen
- 9.3 3. Effects of Livogen on Lab Tests
- 9.4 4. Livogen’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
- 9.5 Q. Can I have Livogen with alcohol?
- 9.6 Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
- 9.7 Q. Can I have Livogen when pregnant?
- 9.8 Q. Can I have Livogen when feeding a baby?
- 9.9 Q. Can I drive after taking Livogen?
- 10 Buyer’s Guide – Livogen Composition, Variant and Price
- 11 Substitutes of Livogen
- 12 FAQs – 12 Important Questions Answered about Livogen
- 12.1 Q. What is Livogen?
- 12.2 Q. What are the uses of Livogen ?
- 12.3 Q. What are the side effects of Livogen ?
- 12.4 Q. How effective is Livogen?
- 12.5 Q. Should Livogen be taken on an empty stomach?
- 12.6 Q. Does Livogen make you drowsy?
- 12.7 Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Livogen doses?
- 12.8 Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
- 12.9 Q. Does Livogen effect my menstrual cycle?
- 12.10 Q. Is Livogen safe for children?
- 12.11 Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Livogen?
- 12.12 Q. Is Livogen legal in India?
- 13 Authored By –
1What is Livogen?
Livogen is mainly used to prevent or treat conditions like anemia (mainly Iron and folic acid deficiency anemia). Heartburn and stomachache are the common side effects seen with Livogen. It should be totally avoided in cases of Ulcer and allergic reactions
Livogen Composition: Ferrous Fumarate152mg + Folic Acid 1.5mg
Manufactured By: Merck Ltd
Prescription: Not required as it is available as OTC (over the counter drug)
Form: Tablet, injection and syrup.
Price: Rs 52 for 15 tablets.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Vitamin and mineral supplement