Table of Contents
- 1 What Is Lizoforce?
- 2 Uses Of Lizoforce
- 3 How Does Lizoforce Work?
- 4 How to Take Lizoforce?
- 5 Common Dosage Of Lizoforce
- 6 When to Avoid Lizoforce & Precautions To Take?
- 7 Side Effects Of Lizoforce
- 8 Lizoforce: Effect on Organs?
- 9 Reported Allergic Reactions to Lizoforce?
- 10 Drug Interactions to be careful about when taking Lizoforce?
- 11 Shows Effects/Results In
- 12 Storage Requirements for Lizoforce
- 13 Pro Tips When Taking Lizoforce
- 14 Frequently Asked Questions
- 15 Is Lizoforce addictive?
- 16 Can I have Lizoforce with alcohol?
- 17 Any particular food item to be avoided?
- 18 Can I have Lizoforce when pregnant?
- 19 Can I have Lizoforce when feeding a baby?
- 20 Can I drive after taking Lizoforce?
- 21 What happens if I overdose on Lizoforce?
- 22 What happens if I eat expired Lizoforce?
- 23 What happens if I miss a dose of Lizoforce?
Lizoforce Composition – Linezolid (600mg)
Manufactured By – Mankind Pharma Ltd
Prescription – Prescription Required
Form – Tablet
Price – Rs 134.28
Quantity – 4 tablets in 1 strip
What Is Lizoforce?
- Lizoforce contains Linezolid as it’s active ingredient.
- It is an antibiotic used for the treatment of severe bacterial infections caused by Gram-positive bacteria that are resistant to other antibiotics.
- Lizoforce does not work against viral infections like common cold and flu.
- In order to reduce the development of resistance against antibiotics, Lizoforce should only be used to treat infections that are strongly suspected to be caused by bacteria.
Manufactured By –Mankind Pharma Ltd
Uses Of Lizoforce
- Lizoforce is used for the treatment of Bacterial Septicemia, community acquired and nosocomial Pneumonia and complicated Bacterial Skin and skin structure Infection.
How Does Lizoforce Work?
- Lizoforce inhibits essential protein synthesis in bacteria, thereby inhibiting their growth.
How to Take Lizoforce?
- Lizoforce tablet is meant to be taken orally, with adequate amount of water. It can be taken with or without food but a fixed time and at evenly spaced intervals daily.
- Even if the symptoms disappear, the medicine should be continued till the entire course of therapy is finished without leaving it in between.
Common Dosage Of Lizoforce
- Dose of Lizoforce varies based on the condition being treated
- Take Lizoforce at the dose prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not take Lizoforce at a dose larger or smaller than that prescribed.
- The most common dose is one 600mg tablet twice daily for 10-14 days. The duration of treatment can be inceased depending upon the severity of the condition.
When to Avoid Lizoforce & Precautions To Take?
- Do not use Lizoforce if you are allergic to it.
- Lizoforce is contraindicated in patients with ulcerative colitis, inflammatory bowel disease and crohn’s disease.
- Lizoforce should be used with caution in patients taking Monoamine oxidase inhibitor drugs.
Side Effects Of Lizoforce
Common side effects of Lizoforce include –
- Light headedness
- Skin rashes
- Change in taste
- Disarrythmia (irregular heartbeat)
Lizoforce: Effect on Organs?
- Lizoforce may decrease blood cell count (white blood cell, red blood cell and platelets).
- Lizoforce may cause optic neuropathy.
Reported Allergic Reactions to Lizoforce?
- Allergic reactions to the drug have been reported. Symptoms include difficulty in breathing, severe skin rashes, tightness of chest, swelling of face tongue and throat fever etc. Seek immediate medical attention in such cases.
Drug Interactions to be careful about when taking Lizoforce?
Lizoforce interacts with the following drugs –
- Tricyclic antidepressants
- Serotonin re-uptake inhibitors
Shows Effects/Results In
- Onset of action of Lizoforce can be seen within 1 to 2 hours.
- Duration of effect lasts for about 12 to 15 hours.
Storage Requirements for Lizoforce
- Store at room temperature, away from heat and direct sunlight.
- Keep away from reach of children and pets.
Pro Tips When Taking Lizoforce
- Don’t use Lizoforce without suspicion of a bacterial infection as irrational use of this antibiotic may increase the risk of development of drug resistant bacteria.
- While taking Lizoforce, drink adequate amount of water to prevent gastric irritation.
- Do not stop taking this medicine without consulting the doctor.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Lizoforce addictive?
Can I have Lizoforce with alcohol?
Avoid use of alcohol with Lizoforce.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
avoid food and beverages that have high content of Tyramine like sausages, cheese, preserved fish, red wine, soyabean prodcuts.
Can I have Lizoforce when pregnant?
Avoid unless absolutely necessary.
Can I have Lizoforce when feeding a baby?
Avoid unless absolutely necessary.
Can I drive after taking Lizoforce?
What happens if I overdose on Lizoforce?
Seek immediate medical attention upon overdosing of medicine.
What happens if I eat expired Lizoforce?
No major side effect is seen upon consumption of a single dose of expired medicine. However, if you notice any severe side effects, immediately inform your doctor.
What happens if I miss a dose of Lizoforce?
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember.
If it’s almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose.