Table of Contents
- 1 What Is Lokit?
- 2 Uses Of Lokit
- 3 Lokit Composition
- 4 How Does Lokit Work?
- 5 Lokit Price in India
- 6 How to Take Lokit?
- 7 Common Dosage Of Lokit
- 8 When to Avoid Lokit & Precautions To Take?
- 9 Side Effects Of Lokit
- 10 What Are The Effects of Lokit on Organs?
- 11 Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions?
- 12 Drug Interactions to be careful about?
- 13 Shows Effects/Results In
- 14 Storage Requirements For Lokit
- 15 Pro Tips When Taking Lokit
- 16 Is Lokit addictive?
- 17 Can I have Lokit with alcohol?
- 18 Any particular food item to be avoided?
- 19 Can I have Lokit when pregnant?
- 20 Can I have Lokit when feeding a baby?
- 21 Can I drive after taking Lokit?
- 22 What happens if I overdose on Lokit?
- 23 What happens if I eat expired Lokit?
- 24 What happens if I miss a dose of Lokit?
Lokit Composition – Omeprazole (20mg)
Manufactured By – Kopran Ltd
Prescription – Prescription Required
Form – Capsule
Price – Rs 290
Quantity – 10 capsules in 1 strip
What Is Lokit?
The active ingredient in Lokit is used to lower the amount of acid production in the stomach. Omeprazole belongs to a group of drugs called “proton pump inhibitors” which are used for the treatment of acidity, heartburn, stomach ulcer etc.
Manufactured By – Kramer Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
Buy & Get Minimum 20% Discount: Pharmeasy | Myra Medicines | Practo
Uses Of Lokit
Lokit is used in the treatment of:
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease,(GERD)
- Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome
- Duodenal Ulcer,
- A gastrin-secreting tumour
- Helicobacter pylori Infection and
- Erosive Esophagitis.
Lokit contains “omeprazole” as its active ingredient.
How Does Lokit Work?
- Omeprazole works by inhibiting gastric acid secretion. It inhibits acid secretion both in resting phase as well as when stimulated by food thus preventing heartburn and gastric ulcer disease.
- When taken for once a day for one week, Omeprazole achieved up to 80-98% inhibition of 24-hour gastric acid secretion.
Lokit Price in India
|10 Capsules of Lokit 20mg||Rs. 40.87|
|10 capsules of Lokit 10mg||Rs. 23.05|
Read More: Doxovent Price | Lamisil Price | Ketanov Price
How to Take Lokit?
Lokit tablet should be taken orally one hour before breakfast.
Common Dosage Of Lokit
Lokit is generally used once in a day, usually before breakfast.
When to Avoid Lokit & Precautions To Take?
Avoid taking Lokit in the following scenarios:
- Patients allergic to its ingredients
- Patients with blockage in intestine
- Patients with electrolyte disturbance especially Magnesium, potassium and calcium
- Patients with severe kidney and liver disease
- Patients with pre-existing vitamin B12 deficiency
- Patients with Osteoporosis
Side Effects Of Lokit
Common side effects of Lokit include –
- Abdominal pain
- Joint pain
- Sore throat
- Loss of appetite
- Difficulty in breathing
- Muscle pain
- Increased chances of bone fracture (when taken for longer duration)
Also Read: Gabantin side effects | Duofilm side effects
What Are The Effects of Lokit on Organs?
Lokit may have an adverse effect on liver and kidney function.
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions?
- Allergic reactions to Lokit have been reported.
- Symptoms include difficulty in breathing, severe skin rashes, headache, dizziness, dry mouth, fever etc.
- Seek immediate medical attention in such cases
Drug Interactions to be careful about?
Lokit may interact with the following drugs –
Shows Effects/Results In
- Onset of action of Lokit starts within 1 hour after taking the dose. The maximum effect occurs within 2 hours.
- When Lokit consumption is stopped, baseline stomach acid secretory activity returns after 3 to 5 days.
Storage Requirements For Lokit
- Store at room temperature, away from heat and direct sunlight.
- Keep away from the reach of children and pets.
Pro Tips When Taking Lokit
- Avoid long term use of Lokit. When used in larger doses and for a longer duration. it may increase your risk for bone fractures (osteoporosis) especially among elderly.
- Always consume Lokit one hour before breakfast.
Is Lokit addictive?
No, Lokit is not addictive.
Can I have Lokit with alcohol?
Alcohol increases the acidity and may further aggregate the problem thereby reducing the potency of Omeprazole.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
Can I have Lokit when pregnant?
Omeprazole is safe to use during pregnancy however it should only be used when clearly needed
Can I have Lokit when feeding a baby?
Nursing mothers are advised to use Omeprazole with caution as the drug may pass into breast milk and could harm the baby.
Can I drive after taking Lokit?
Yes, it is okay to drive after taking Lokit.
What happens if I overdose on Lokit?
Contact your doctor in case of overdosing/ toxicity. Seek medical attention immediately..
What happens if I eat expired Lokit?
No major side effect is seen upon consumption of a single dose of expired Lokit. However, if you notice any severe side effects, immediately inform your doctor.
What happens if I miss a dose of Lokit?
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. If it’s almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose.
Read More: Imol | Hepatoglobine | Glynase