Table of Contents
- 1 What is Looz?
- 2 Uses of Looz
- 3 How does Looz work?
- 4 How to take Looz?
- 5 Looz Common Dosage
- 6 When to Avoid Looz?
- 7 Precautions and warnings While Taking Looz:
- 8 Side-Effects of Looz:
- 9 Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- 9.1 1. Food Interactions with Looz
- 9.2 2. Medicines Interactions with Looz
- 9.3 3. Effects of Looz on Lab Tests
- 9.4 4. Looz’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
- 9.5 Q. Can I have Looz with alcohol?
- 9.6 Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
- 9.7 Q. Can I have Looz when pregnant?
- 9.8 Q. Can I have Looz when feeding a baby?
- 9.9 Q. Can I drive after taking Looz?
- 10 Buyer’s Guide – Looz Composition, Variant and Price
- 11 Substitutes of Looz
- 12 FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about Looz
- 12.1 Q. What is Looz?
- 12.2 Q. What are the uses of Looz?
- 12.3 Q. What are the side effects of Looz?
- 12.4 Q. How long does it take for Looz to show results?
- 12.5 Q. Should Looz be taken on an empty stomach?
- 12.6 Q. Does Looz make you drowsy?
- 12.7 Q . What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Looz doses?
- 12.8 Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
- 12.9 Q. Does Looz effect my menstrual cycle?
- 12.10 Q. Is Looz safe for children?
- 12.11 Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Looz?
- 12.12 Q. Is Looz legal in India?
- 13 Authored By –
1What is Looz?
It is mainly used due to its laxative property as a stool softener in cases of constipation. Diarrhea and gastric discomfort at high doses are the major side effects. It should be totally avoided in case of intestinal blockage and in cases of dehydration.
Looz Composition: Lactulose 10gm/15ml.
Manufactured By: Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Prescription: Not required (as it is available as OTC)
Form: Syrup and Powder.
Price: Rs. 540.75 for 1 pack (500ml)
Expiry/Shelf Life: 36 months (when stored at cool place)
Type of Drug: Laxative and Purgative.