Table of Contents
- What Is Lorfast?
- Uses of Lorfast Tablet
- Lorfast Composition
- How Does Lorfast Work?
- Lorfast Prices in India
- How to Take Lorfast Tablet?
- Common Dosage Of Lorfast Tablet
- When to Avoid Lorfast Tablet & Precautions To Take?
- Side Effects Of Lorfast Tablet
- What Are The Effects of Lorfast Tablet on Organs?
- Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions?
- Drug Interactions to be Careful About?
- Shows Effects/Results In
- Storage Requirements for Lorfast Tablet
- Pro Tips When Taking Lorfast Tablet
- Is Lorfast tablet addictive?
- Can I have Lorfast tablet with alcohol?
- Any particular food item to be avoided?
- Can I have Lorfast tablet when pregnant?
- Can I have Lorfast tablet when feeding a baby?
- Can I drive after taking Lorfast tablet?
- What happens if I overdose on Lorfast?
- What happens if I eat expired Lorfast?
- What happens if I miss a dose of Lorfast?
Lorfast Composition – Levocetirizine (5mg) + Montelukast (10mg)
Manufactured By – Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Prescription – Prescription Required
Form – Tablet
Price – Rs 105.5
Quantity – 10 tablets in 1 strip
What Is Lorfast?
Lorfast is a second generation antihistamine (anti-allergic), used to temporarily relieve the symptoms of seasonal allergies.
Manufactured By – Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Uses of Lorfast Tablet
Lorfast tablet is used to treat allergic reactions like hay fever (allergic rhinitis), urticaria and other skin allergies.
Read More: Flunarin uses | Flurbiprofen uses | Longifene uses
Lorfast contains “loratidine” as its active ingredient.
How Does Lorfast Work?
- Lorfast acts as an anti-histaminic drug which works by inhibiting histamine H1 receptors in the periphery.
- Histamine produces symptoms of sneezing, itching, watery eyes, and runny nose.
Lorfast Prices in India
|Strip of 10 tablets||Rs. 49|
How to Take Lorfast Tablet?
- Lorfast comes in the form of a tablet which can be taken orally, with or without food.
- Lorfast tablets should be directly swallowed with water in one go without chewing, crushing or breaking it.
Common Dosage Of Lorfast Tablet
Lorfast 10 mg tablet is generally prescribed to be taken once in a day.
When to Avoid Lorfast Tablet & Precautions To Take?
- Do not use Lorfast tablet if you are allergic to it.
- In case you have severe hepatic disorders, start with a lower dose of Lorfast.
Read More: Deslor precautions | Dramamine precautions | Enuff precautions
Side Effects Of Lorfast Tablet
Side effects of Lorfast tablet include-
- Dry mouth
- Urinary retention
- Blurred vision
- Tiredness and weakness
- Gastrointestinal disturbances
What Are The Effects of Lorfast Tablet on Organs?
Lorfast tablet may have an adverse effect on liver and kidney function.
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions?
Allergic reactions to Lorfast tablet have been reported. Symptoms included are:
- Difficulty in breathing
- severe skin rashes
- Swelling of face,tongue, lips etc
- Seek immediate medical attention in such cases.
Drug Interactions to be Careful About?
Lorfast tablet shows interaction with the following drugs –
- Furanocoumarin derivatives
Shows Effects/Results In
- Onset of action can be seen within 1-3 hours of taking Lorfast tablet.
- Duration of effect lasts for about 24 hours.
Storage Requirements for Lorfast Tablet
- Store at room temperature, away from light and moisture.
- Keep away from the reach of children and pets.
Pro Tips When Taking Lorfast Tablet
- In the case of liver diseases, start with a lower dose of the medicine.
- Drink plenty of water to minimize the side effects of Lorfast tablet.
Is Lorfast tablet addictive?
No, Lorfast tablet is not addictive.
Can I have Lorfast tablet with alcohol?
No. Consumption of alcohol is not recommended with Lorfast therapy as it may increase the risk of adverse effects like dizziness, sedation and may act as a health hazard.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
Can I have Lorfast tablet when pregnant?
Yes when the benefits outweigh the risks involved.
Can I have Lorfast tablet when feeding a baby?
Yes, it is okay to consume Lorfast tablet when feeding a baby.
Can I drive after taking Lorfast tablet?
Lorfast tablet doesn’t affect your ability to drive. However few patients have reported dizziness as an adverse effect so it should be used with caution in such patients.
What happens if I overdose on Lorfast?
Overdose of Lorfast may cause dizziness, restlessness, confusion, increased heart rate, and seizures.
What happens if I eat expired Lorfast?
Expired drug may become ineffective in treating your prescribed conditions, thus to be on the safe side, it is important not to use an expired drug.
What happens if I miss a dose of Lorfast?
If you miss a dose of Lorfast, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double dose for a missed one.
Also Read: Etilaam Tablet | Fefol Capsule | Flotral 10mg Tablet