Table of Contents
- What is Lyser?
- Uses of Lyser
- How does Lyser work?
- How to take Lyser?
- Common Dosage for Lyser
- When to Avoid Lyser?
- Precautions While Taking Lyser:
- Side-Effects of Lyser
- Drug Interactions With Lyser to be Careful About
- Buyer’s Guide – Lyser Composition, Variant and Price
- Substitutes of Lyser
- FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about Lyser
- Authored By –
1What is Lyser?
It is a medicine which is used to prevent or treat signs of inflammation like swelling, pain etc. (bronchitis, sinusitis). Nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea are the majorly seen side effect at high repetitive doses. It should be totally avoided in case of bleeding and clotting disorders.
Lyser Composition: Serratiopeptidase 10mg
Manufactured By: Comed Chemicals
Prescription: Required as it belongs to Schedule ‘H’ but also available as OTC
Form: Tablet, Injections and Gel.
Price: Rs. 58.50 for 10 tablets.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Anti inflammatory
2Uses of Lyser
Lyser is used to prevent or treat following conditions:
- Swelling & Pain: Used in cases of patients having swelling and pain.
- Heart Diseases: Used in cases of certain heart diseases as it is anti-inflammatory in nature.
- Ankylosing Spondylitis: Used in cases of ankylosing spondylitis to treat symptoms like pain and stiffness.
- Dental Pain: Used to treat tooth pain caused by infection and inflammation of the oral tissues. Lyser brings down the inflammation.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: Used in cases of rheumatoid arthritis.
- Bronchitis: Used in cases of inflammation of bronchioles known as Bronchitis.
- Sinusitis: Used in cases of inflammation of sinus known as Sinusitis.
- Ear infections: Used in cases of ear infections also, as it helps to bring down the inflammation of the ear drum.
- Breast lumps: Used in cases of treatment of non cancerous lumps in breasts.
3How does Lyser work?
- Lyser contains Serratiopeptidase as its main active ingredient.
- Serratiopeptidase is an anti inflammatory drug used to treat pain and other signs of inflammation.
- It works by breaking the chemical messengers responsible for pain and swelling and other signs of inflammation.
- It also decreases the inflammation by thinning the fluids formed during injury and aids fluid’s drainage. Thereby, it helps to bring down inflammation and promotes healing.
4How to take Lyser?
- Lyser is usually available in the form of tablets and gel.
- Lyser Tablet is taken by mouth with a glass of water with or without meals as food does not affect its absorption rate but try to consume it with meals in case of any gastric irritation.
- Lyser Tablet should never be chewed or crushed. It should be swallowed as a whole.
- Lyser Tablet should be taken with equal time interval of atleast 4-6 hours between two doses, if more than one dose a day is prescribed.
- It is advisable to go through the pack insert properly before consuming the drug to have a better understanding of the drug.
5Common Dosage for Lyser
- Lyser dosage can be decided by the doctor for every individual as per: Age, weight, Mental status Allergic history and Health status of the patient.
- Common Adult dose of Lyser Tablet is a single 10mg tablet 2-3 times a day with an interval of at least 4-6 hours between two doses.
- It is not recommended to be administered to children below 12 years of age without pediatric consultation
- Dose alteration should be avoided without proper medical consultation.
Q. What happens if I overdose on Lyser?
Overdose of Lyser can cause undesirable effects in few cases. Therefore, strictly adhere to the prescribed dose and seek medical help immediately in case of any symptoms of overdose.
Q. What happens if I miss a dose of Lyser?
Dose prescribed by the doctor should never be missed and if missed, it should be consumed always as soon as you remember it. But, avoid taking a double dose if it’s already time for the second dose after that as it may lead to overdose of the drug
Q. What happens if I eat expired Lyser?
Consuming expired Lyser tablet might not exhibit desirable effects or any side effects. However, one should abstain from consuming expired drug.
Q. What is the onset time of Lyser?
- The effect of Lyser can be seen within 2-3 days of starting the Lyser therapy.
- Time taken by drug to show the desired effects may vary with every individual patient.
6When to Avoid Lyser?
Do not Consume Lyser if:
- Allergy: In cases of known allergy to Lyser or Serratiopeptidase.
- Surgery: In cases of scheduled surgery, Lyser should be stopped 2 weeks before the surgery.
- Bleeding & Clotting disorders: In cases of patients with bleeding and clotting disorders.
- Liver/ Kidney impairment: In cases of patients with liver disease and kidney disease or impairment.
7Precautions While Taking Lyser:
- Liver/ Kidney diseases: Dose alteration may be required by the physician in patients with kidney or liver impairments.
- Pregnancy: Lyser tablet should not be consumed during pregnancy as it is not safe.
- Low doses: Lyser should always be consumed at the lowest possible effective dose.
Warnings When Taking Lyser
- Prolonged use of Lyser should be avoided unless stated otherwise by the doctor.
- There should be equally spaced time interval between two doses.
- Consume plenty of fluids to counteract the potential undesirable effects of the drug.
- Always consume the tablet with or after meals in cases of pre existing gastric problems.
8Side-Effects of Lyser
The side effects associated with Lyser are:
- Nausea (common)
- Vomiting (common)
- Abdominal pain (less common)
- Diarrhoea (less common)
- Dizziness (common)
- Headache (common)
- Skin rash(less common)
- Loss of appetite (less common)
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Lyser?
- Lyser is known to cause allergic reaction with symptoms like rashes, breathing difficulty, swelling of face, neck and facial skin discoloration.
- In case of any such signs, immediate medical help should be taken.
What are the effects of Lyser on organs?
- Lyser should used with caution in patients with liver/kidney impairment or diseases as it can affect the liver and kidney.
9Drug Interactions With Lyser to be Careful About
It is always advisable to be careful of certain drug to drug or drug to food interactions when consuming Lyser. Always be aware of the food items, other drugs or lab tests while consuming Lyser. We explore these n details below.
1. Food Interactions with Lyser
No particular food item to be avoided.
2. Medicines Interactions with Lyser
All the potential drug interactions might not be listed here. It is always advisable that the patient must inform the physician about of all the drugs/products you use. You must notify the doctor about the herbal products that you are currently consuming. You should never alter the drug regimen without your doctor’s approval.
The common drug interactions have been noticed with the following drugs:
- Aspirin (moderate)
- Clopidogrel (mild)
- Dalteparin (mild)
- Diclofenac (moderate)
- Enoxaparin (mild)
- Heparin (moderate)
- Ibuprofen (mild)
- Naproxen (mild)
- Warfarin (moderate)
3. Effects of Lyser on Lab Tests
Lyser does not affect any lab tests as such.
4. Lyser ’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
Any Liver or kidney diseases and bleeding or clotting disorder
Q. Can I have Lyser with alcohol?
No, it is advisable to avoid alcohol consumption while on Lyser therapy. The doctor should always be consulted before taking alcohol with Lyser.
Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
No particular food item is to be avoided.
Q. Can I have Lyser when pregnant?
No, it is not safe to consume during pregnancy. Always inform the doctor before taking Lyser in cases of pregnancy or if you’re planning to conceive.
Q. Can I have Lyser when feeding a baby?
No, secretion of lyser in the human breast milk is not known. Therefore, it should be used only when necessary and with caution after informing the doctor about the case.
Q. Can I drive after taking Lyser?
Lyser does not affect the ability to drive but one should avoid driving or operating heavy machinery if drowsiness or dizziness occurs.
10Buyer’s Guide – Lyser Composition, Variant and Price
|Lyser D Nanotech 30gm gel||Diclofenac 10mg + Menthol 50mg + Methyl Salicylate 150mg||Rs. 107.50 for 1 pack|
|Lyser D AQ 1ml Injection||Diclofenac 75mg/ml||Rs. 21.85 for 1 pack|
|Lyser DP Tablet||Diclofenac 50mg + Serratiopeptidase 10mg + Paracetamol 325mg||Rs. 102.10 for 10 tablets|
|Lyser D Tablet||Diclofenac 50mg + Serratiopeptidase 10mg||Rs. 194.85 for 10 tablets|
|Lyser Forte Tablet||Serratiopeptidase 10mg||Rs. 102.10 for 10 tablets|
11Substitutes of Lyser
The following are alternative drugs for Lyser:
- Serperite 10mg Tablet: Manufactured by MHS Pharmaceuticals
- Flanzen 10mg Tablet: Manufactured by Svizera Healthcare
- Biosuganril 10mg Tablet: Manufactured by Abbott
- Resolve Tablet: Manufactured by Care Benzorganics.
Storage requirements for Lyser
- Store the Lyser tablet at a dry place away from direct heat or sunlight at temperature below 25O
- Keep it at a place away from children’s reach.
12FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about Lyser
Q. What is Lyser?
Ans. Lyser is a unicomponent drug that contains Serratiopeptidase as its main active ingredient. Lyser exhibits anti inflammatory properties and it is used mainly to treat signs of inflammation like redness, swelling, pain etc. and conditions like pain of osteoarthritis, toothache.
Q. How long does it take for Lyser to show results?
Ans. The effect of Lyser can be seen within 2-3 days of starting the drug therapy but the time taken by drug to show the desired effects may vary with every individual patient.
Q. Should Lyser be taken on an empty stomach?
Ans. Lyser can be taken empty stomach also but should be avoided to prevent any potential stomach upset.
Q. Does Lyser make you drowsy?
Ans. No, Lyser does not cause drowsiness but it varies with every individual.
Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Lyser doses?
Ans. Ideal time gap of 4-6 hours should be there between two doses.
Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
Ans. Lyser should be consumed as prescribed by the doctor and in case of any severity of symptoms, immediate medical help or consultation should be taken.
And the doctor should be the one to decide when and how to stop the cycle of Lyser.
Q. Does Lyser effect my menstrual cycle?
Ans. No, it generally doesn’t affect the menstrual cycle but one should always consult the doctor in case of pre existing menstrual problems before consuming the drug. Lyser is infact useful for painful menstruation.
Q. Is Lyser safe for children?
Ans. Lyser should not be administered in children without proper consultation and recommendation by the Paediatrician should be taken.
Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Lyser?
Ans. Any liver or kidney disorder or allergic reactions are to be taken into consideration before taking Lyser.
Q. Is Lyser legal in India?
Ans. Yes, it is legal in India.
Disclaimer – The information provided above is to the best of our research and knowledge. However, you are recommended to consult a physician before consuming the drug.
13Authored By –