Table of Contents
- 1 What is Mebex?
- 2 Uses of Mebex
- 3 How does Mebex work?
- 4 How to take Mebex?
- 5 Common Dosage for Mebex
- 6 When to Avoid Mebex?
- 7 Precautions While Taking Mebex
- 8 Side-Effects of Mebex
- 9 Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- 10 Buyer’s Guide – Mebex Composition, Variant and Price
- 11 Substitutes of Mebex
- 12 FAQs – 10 Questions Answered about Mebex
- 13 Authored by –
1What is Mebex?
Used broadly to treat parasitic infections like hookworm, roundworm infections. Stomach Pain and Appetite loss at high doses are the major side effect. It should be totally avoided in case of liver diseases, children below 2 years of age and in pregnant women.
Mebex Composition: Mebendazole 100mg
Manufactured By: Cipla Ltd.
Prescription: Required as it belongs to schedule H but it is available as over the counter drug (OTC) also.
Form: Tablets and Syrups
Price: Rs 16.85 for 6 tablets.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Antiparasitic