Skip to Content
- Q. What happens if I overdose on Mebex?
- Q. What happens if I miss a dose of Mebex?
- Q. What happens if I eat expired Mebex?
- Q. Onset time of Mebex and till when does the effect of Mebex stay?
- Warnings When Taking Mebex
- Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Mebex?
- What are the effects of Mebex on organs?
- 1. Food Interactions with Mebex
- 2. Medicines Interactions with Mebex
- 3. Effects of Mebex on Lab Tests
- 4. Mebex’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
- Q. Can I have Mebex with alcohol?
- Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
- Q. Can I have Mebex when pregnant?
- Q. Can I have Mebex when feeding a baby?
- Q. Can I drive after taking Mebex?
- Storage requirements for Mebex
- Q. What is Mebex?
- Q. How effective it is/ How long does it take for Mebex to show results?
- Q. Should Mebex be taken on an empty stomach?
- Q. Does Mebex make you drowsy?
- Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Mebex doses?
- Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
- Q. Does Mebex effect my menstrual cycle?
- Q. Is Mebex safe for children?
- Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Mebex?
- Q. Is Mebex legal in India?
1What is Mebex?
Used broadly to treat parasitic infections like hookworm, roundworm infections. Stomach Pain and Appetite loss at high doses are the major side effect. It should be totally avoided in case of liver diseases, children below 2 years of age and in pregnant women.
Mebex Composition: Mebendazole 100mg
Manufactured By: Cipla Ltd.
Prescription: Required as it belongs to schedule H but it is available as over the counter drug (OTC) also.
Form: Tablets and Syrups
Price: Rs 16.85 for 6 tablets.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Antiparasitic