What is Meconerv Forte?
It is used basically to prevent and treat conditions like Megaloblastic anemia, folate & thiamine deficiency and neurological disorders. Postural hypotension and bloating are the major side effects seen at high repetitive doses. It should be totally avoided in patients with severe liver or renal impairment and diseases.
Meconerv Forte Composition: Alpha lipoic acid 200mg + Benfotiamine 100mg + Folic Acid 1.5mg + Inositol 100mg + Mecobalamin 1000mcg + Pyridoxine 3mg.
Manufactured By: Micro Labs Ltd.
Prescription:Not required as it is available as OTC (over the counter drug)
Form:Injections and Tablets
Price:Rs. 148.00 for 10 tablets.
Expiry/Shelf Life:24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug:Multivitamin
Uses of Meconerv Forte
Meconerv Forte is used to prevent or treat following conditions:
- Neuropathies: Used to treat nerve disorders like Diabetic neuropathy, Peripheral neuropathy and alcoholic neuropathy.
- Nephropathies: Used in cases of patients with diabetic or alcoholic nephropathy.
- Retinopathy: Used in cases of diabetic patients with retinopathy.
- Megaloblastic anemia: Used in cases of patients with Megaloblastic anemia.
- Neurological disorders: Used in cases of patients suffering from neurological disorders.
- Folate and thiamine deficiency: Used in cases of thiamine and folate deficiency.
How does Meconerv Forte work?
- Meconerv Forte contains multiple vitamins as its active ingredient.
- Vitamin B12, being the primary constituent of Meconerv Forte is essential for brain functioning & for production and maturation of red blood cells. It also helps in protecting nerve cells integrity and encourages their normal growth.
- Vitamin B12 deficiency leads to anaemia (due to lack of/defective RBC production and maturation) and neuropathies (nerve damage).
- Meconerv Forte helps the body by providing the adequate amount of vitamins needed by the body, especially in cases of vitamin deficient conditions.
How to take Meconerv Forte?
- Meconerv Forte is present in the form of tablets and injections.
- Meconerv Forte tablet can be taken by mouth with a glass of water, with or without water preferably after food to avoid stomach upset.
- Avoid consuming Meconerv Forte empty stomach unless advised by the doctor as it may lead to stomach distress.
- Meconerv Forte tablet should never be chewed or crushed. It should be swallowed as a whole.
- Meconerv Forte injection should be administered by trained medical personnel only.
- It is advisable to go through the pack insert properly before consuming the drug to have a better understanding of the drug.
Common Dosage for Meconerv Forte
- Meconerv Forte dosage can be decided by the doctor for every individual as per Age, Weight, Mental status, Allergic history and Health status of the patient.
- Common Adult dose of Meconerv Forte tablet is a single tablet 1-3 times a day depending on the condition being treated or as prescribed by the physician.
- Equally spaced time interval should be maintained between two doses of the drug.
- Dose alteration and prolonged use should be avoided without proper medical consultation.
- Pediatrician should be consulted when administering pediatric dose as it is usually not recommended for children.
Q. What happens if I overdose on Meconerv Forte?
Meconerv Forte should be consumed strictly as prescribed by the doctor. Dose alteration and overdose can lead to increased risk of side effects. In case of any symptoms of overdose, immediate medical help should be taken.
Q. What happens if I miss a dose of Meconerv Forte?
Dose prescribed by the doctor should never be missed and if missed, it should be consumed always as soon as you remember it. But, avoid taking a double dose if it’s already time for the second dose after that as it may lead to overdose of the drug
Q. What happens if I eat expired Meconerv Forte?
Expired Meconerv Forte might not exhibit effects or any undesirable effects. However, one should abstain from consuming expired drug.
Always check the expiry date of the drug before consuming it.
Q. What is the onset time of Meconerv Forte?
- One may start to feel recovered within few days of treatment.
- Although, the time taken by the drug to show its effect may vary with every individual patient.
Q. Till when does the effect of Meconerv Forte stays?
One should consult the doctor in case of no relief from symptoms even after consuming the drug properly
When to Avoid Meconerv Forte?
Do not Consume Meconerv Forte if:
- Allergy: In cases of patient allergic to the drug or its component.
- Liver impairment: In cases of liver impairment or disease.
- Kidney Disease: In cases of moderate to severe renal impairment or disease.
- Thyroid disorder: In cases of patients with thyroid disorders.
- Bleeding disorders: In cases of patients suffering from bleeding disorder.
Precautions While Taking Meconerv Forte
- Time interval: Always maintain equally spaced time interval between two doses.
- Pregnancy: Try to avoid or use extra caution while using the drug in pregnant women as it is not considered safe for pregnant women.
Warnings When Taking Meconerv Forte
- The doctor should always be notified in cases of allergy to Meconerv Forte.
- Extra caution should be used while using the drug in cases of liver and kidney impairment.
Side-Effects of Meconerv Forte
The side effects associated with Meconerv Forte are:
- Vomiting (common)
- Nausea (common)
- Stomachache (common)
- Skin rashes (less common)
- Rashes (common)
- Diarrhoea (less common)
- Postural hypotension (sudden fall in blood pressure when patient gets up from sitting position) (less common)
- Bloating (less common)
- Allergic reactions (less common)
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Meconerv Forte?
- Meconerv Forte is known to cause allergic reaction with symptoms like rashes, breathing difficulty, swelling of face, lip and throat.
- In case of any such signs, immediate medical help should be taken.
What are the effects of Meconerv Forte on organs?
- Meconerv Forte can affect liver and kidney functions.
- It is advisable to use Meconerv Forte with caution in cases of patients with liver and kidney impairment.
- Dose modification may be required in such cases.
Drug Interactions with Meconerv Forte to be Careful About
It is always advisable to be careful of certain drug to drug or drug to food interactions when consuming Meconerv Forte. Always be aware of the food items, other drugs or lab tests while consuming Meconerv Forte. We explore these n details below.
1. Food Interactions with Meconerv Forte
No particular food item to be avoided.
2. Medicines Interaction with Meconerv Forte
All the potential drug interactions might not be listed here. It is always advisable that the patient must inform the physician about of all the drugs/products you use. You must notify the doctor about the herbal products that you are currently consuming. You should never alter the drug regimen without your doctor’s approval.
The common drug interactions have been noticed with the following drugs:
- Anti diabetic drugs (mild)
- Alcohol (moderate)
- Carbamazepine (moderate)
- Amiodarone (mild)
- Colchicine (mild)
- Phenytoin (moderate)
- Thyroid drugs (moderate)
3. Effects of Meconerv Forte on Lab tests
Meconerv Forte does not affect any lab tests as such.
4. Meconerv Forte’s Interaction with Diseases/Pre-existing condition
Any Liver or kidney diseases or allergic reaction.
Q. Can I have Meconerv Forte with alcohol?
No, as consuming alcohol with Meconerv Forte may cause interrupted uptake of Vitamin B12. The doctor should always be consulted before taking alcohol with Meconerv Forte.
Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
No particular food item is to be avoided.
Q. Can I have Meconerv Forte when pregnant?
Meconerv Forte during pregnancy should be avoided unless advised by the doctor in cases of increased nutritional demand during pregnancy. The doctor should always be informed if you are pregnant or planning to conceive.
Q. Can I have Meconerv Forte when feeding a baby?
Yes, lactating mothers can consume Meconerv Forte but extra caution is advised. The doctor should always be informed in such cases.
Q. Can I drive after taking Meconerv Forte?
Meconerv Forte may cause low blood pressure and headache in few cases. Therefore, one should avoid driving or operating heavy machinery if any of these symptoms appears after taking Meconerv Forte.
Buyer’s Guide – Meconerv Forte Composition, Variant and Price
|Meconerv Forte 2ml Injection||Mecobalamin 500mcg + Niacinamide 50mg + Pyridoxine 50mg||Rs. 96.50 for 1 pack.|
Buy & save from: Netmeds | Medlife | Pharmeasy
Substitutes of Meconerv Forte
The following are alternative drugs for Meconerv Forte:
- Cobafast Capsule
- Manufactured by Leeford Healthcare Ltd.
- Price – Rs 125
- Folirich B Capsule
- Manufactured by Concertina Pharmaceuticals.
- Price – Rs 176
- Mecorik Plus Tablet
- Manufactured by Maverick Pharmaceuticals.
- Price – Rs 163
- Wincobal Forte Tablet
- Manufactured by MedoPharm.
- Price – Rs 160
Storage requirements for Meconerv Forte
- Store the Meconerv Forte tablet at room temperature away from direct heat or sunlight.
- Keep it at a place away from children’s reach.
FAQs – 10 Questions Answered about Meconerv Forte
Q. What is Meconerv Forte?
Ans. Meconerv Forte is a multiple component drug that contains multiple vitamins as its main active ingredient. Meconerv Forte is synthetic form of vitamins that help to replenish the required nutritional demand of the body.
Q. How long does it take for Meconerv Forte to show results?
Ans. The effects of Meconerv Forte can be seen within few days of starting the drug therapy.
Q. Should Meconerv Forte be taken on an empty stomach?
Ans. Meconerv Forte shows best result when consumed after meal but it can be taken without food also but it should be avoided in cases of stomach problems.
Q. Does Meconerv Forte make you drowsy?
Ans. No, Meconerv Forte does not cause drowsiness but it varies with every individual.
Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Meconerv Forte doses?
Ans. Ideal time gap of 4-6 hours should be there between two doses.
Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
Ans. Meconerv Forte should be consumed as prescribed by the doctor and in case of any severity of symptoms, immediate medical help or consultation should be taken. The doctor should be the one to decide when and how to stop the cycle of Meconerv Forte.
Q. Does Meconerv Forte effect my menstrual cycle?
Ans. No, it generally doesn’t affect the menstrual cycle but one should always consult the doctor in case of pre existing menstrual problems before consuming the drug
Q. Is Meconerv Forte safe for children?
Ans. Meconerv Forte should not be administered in children without proper consultation and recommendation by the Paediatrician should be taken.
Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Meconerv Forte?
Ans. Any allergic reactions, liver and kidney impairments are to be taken into consideration before taking Meconerv Forte.
Q. Is Meconerv Forte legal in India?
Ans. Yes, it is legal in India.
Disclaimer – The information provided above is to the best of our research and knowledge. However, you are recommended to consult a physician before consuming the drug.