Table of Contents
- 1 What is Meloxicam?
- 2 Uses of Meloxicam
- 3 How Does Meloxicam Work?
- 4 How to Take Meloxicam?
- 5 Meloxicam Price In India
- 6 Common Dosage for Meloxicam
- 7 Precautions – When to Avoid Meloxicam?
- 8 Side-Effects of Meloxicam
- 9 Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- 10 Effects/Results after Consuming Meloxicam
- 11 Storage Requirements about Meloxicam
- 12 Pro Tips When Taking Meloxicam
- 13 FAQs – Things to Know About Meloxicam
- 14 Is Meloxicam addictive?
- 15 Can I have Meloxicam with alcohol?
- 16 Any particular food item to be avoided?
- 17 Can I have Meloxicam when pregnant?
- 18 Can I have Meloxicam when feeding a baby?
- 19 Can I drive after taking Meloxicam?
- 20 What happens if I overdose on Meloxicam?
- 21 What happens if I eat expired Meloxicam?
- 22 What happens if I miss a dose of Meloxicam?
- 23 When Was Meloxicam Made?
What is Meloxicam?
Meloxicam is a Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAI) Of Propionic Acid Class. It has analgesic and antipyretic drug. Meloxicam is an oxicam and enolic acid group of NSAIs.
Buy & Get Minimum 30% Discount: Practo Medicines
Uses of Meloxicam
Meloxicam is used to treat various pains and inflammation. It is also used to treat osteoarthritis and rheumatic arthritis.
How Does Meloxicam Work?
Meloxicam is used to reduce the amount of hormones produces which used to relieve pain and inflammation or swelling caused by arthritis.
How to Take Meloxicam?
- Swallow the tablet wholly. Do not crush, chew or break it.
- Meloxicam can be taken with or without food.
- Meloxicam is recommended for 3 times a day for about maximum three days.
Meloxicam Price In India
Also read about other medicine's Price: Metformin Price | Mirtazapine Price
Common Dosage for Meloxicam
- The dosage is different for according to different conditions. So it is safe to consult the doctor before taking the dosage.
- For the first time, Meloxicam is recommended as double dosage. For gout, the dosage is about 750mg for the first time and then it is reduced to 250 mg which can be taken for 3 times a day for about three days.
Also Read: Hydroxyzine Dosage | Imodium Dosage | Insulin Dosage
Precautions – When to Avoid Meloxicam?
While taking the Meloxicam you should follow below-mentioned steps:
- Don’t delay or miss scheduled meal or snack
- Don’t take Meloxicam along with other certain medications.
- Avoid consuming alcohol for initial days while taking Meloxicam.
Side-Effects of Meloxicam
Some common side effects of Meloxicam are:
- Upset stomach
- Ringing in the ear
- Dark urine
- Skin or eyes yellowing
- Allergic reactions like rashness, itching, swelling, trouble breathing Effects of Meloxicam on Organs
- These NSAI drugs have the capacity to elevate liver enzymes and induce liver disease. It may result in hepatic damage.
Drug Interactions to be Careful About
Drugs which cause serious effects while interacting with Meloxicam are Lisinopril which reduce the effect of Lisinopril of reducing the blood sugar level and also causes kidney failure. The other medications which should be avoided while taking this drug are Alvin, aspirin, Cymbalta, etc.
Effects/Results after Consuming Meloxicam
Meloxicam will show its effect within 30 to 60 minutes but you should follow this medication for 4 to 5 months for full recovery.
Storage Requirements about Meloxicam
Meloxicam can be stored in a closed container at room temperature away from heat, moisture and direct light.
Pro Tips When Taking Meloxicam
- Meloxicam should be taken in prescribed dosage and must only increase the dosage when the physician prescribed it.
- Do not abruptly stop taking Meloxicam as it may cause negative effects on the body.
- Avoid alcohol and certain recommended foods while taking Meloxicam.
FAQs – Things to Know About Meloxicam
Is Meloxicam addictive?
Can I have Meloxicam with alcohol?
No. Having Meloxicam with alcohol will increase stomach bleeding.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
Avoid food items which are recommended by your doctor along with green leafy vegetables, grapefruits, etc.
Can I have Meloxicam when pregnant?
You can take advice from your doctor though it is not much recommended during pregnancy.
Can I have Meloxicam when feeding a baby?
Taking Meloxicam while breastfeeding can cause negative effects on infants and in
Can I drive after taking Meloxicam?
No. You may feel drowsy or dizzy after taking Meloxicam.
What happens if I overdose on Meloxicam?
It would cause dizziness, drowsiness and stomach pain.
What happens if I eat expired Meloxicam?
It will not be effective but take advice from your doctor immediately.
What happens if I miss a dose of Meloxicam?
If you miss a dose of Meloxicam take it as soon as you remember it within 12 hours. If you don’t, just go back your regular dosage.
When Was Meloxicam Made?
Meloxicam was made in the year 1976 by Boehringer Ingelheim.
Also read about other medicine's: Lisinopril | Lomotil | Loratadine