Skip to Content
- What is Meprate?
- Uses of Meprate
- How does Meprate work?
- How to take Meprate?
- Common Dosage for Meprate Dosage
- When to Avoid Meprate?
- Precautions While Taking Meprate
- Side-Effects of Meprate
- Drug Interactions With Meprate to be Careful About
- 1. Food Interactions with Meprate
- 2. Medicines Interactions with Meprate
- 3. Effects of Meprate on Lab Tests
- 4. Meprate ’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
- Q. Can I have Meprate with alcohol?
- Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
- Q. Can I have Meprate when pregnant?
- Q. Can I have Meprate when feeding a baby?
- Q. Can I drive after taking Meprate?
- Buyer’s Guide – Meprate Composition, Variant and Price
- Substitutes of Meprate
- FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about Meprate
- Q. What is Meprate?
- Q. How effective it is/ How long does it take for Meprate to show results?
- Q. Should Meprate be taken on an empty stomach?
- Q. Does Meprate make you drowsy?
- Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Meprate doses?
- Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
- Q. Does Meprate effect my menstrual cycle?
- Q. Is Meprate safe for children?
- Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Meprate?
- Q. Is Meprate legal in India?
- Authored By –
1What is Meprate?
It is a medicine which is used as means of contraception (Birth Control) and in other problems associated with the menstruation. Weight gain, mood swings and changes in libido are the commonly seen side effects. It should be totally avoided in case of pregnancy, undiagnosed vaginal bleeding and depression.
Meprate Composition: Medroxyprogesterone Acetate 10mg
Manufactured By: Serum Institute of India Pvt Ltd
Prescription: Required as it comes under schedule ‘H’.
Price: Rs 56.50 for 10 tablets.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Contraceptive