Table of Contents
- 1 What is Methycobal ?
- 2 Uses of Methycobal
- 3 How does Methycobal work?
- 4 How to take Methycobal?
- 5 Methycobal Common Dosage
- 6 When to Avoid Methycobal?
- 7 Precautions While Taking Methycobal:
- 8 Side-Effects of Methycobal:
- 9 Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- 9.1 1. Food Interactions with Methycobal
- 9.2 2. Medicines Interactions with Methycobal
- 9.3 3. Effects of Methycobal on Lab Tests
- 9.4 4. Methycobal’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
- 9.5 Q. Can I have Methycobal with alcohol?
- 9.6 Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
- 9.7 Q. Can I have Methycobal when pregnant?
- 9.8 Q. Can I have Methycobal when feeding a baby?
- 9.9 Q. Can I drive after taking Methycobal?
- 10 Buyer’s Guide – Methycobal Composition, Variant and Price
- 11 Substitutes of Methycobal
- 12 FAQs – 12 Important Questions Answered about Methycobal
- 12.1 Q. What is Methycobal?
- 12.2 Q. What are the uses of Methycobal ?
- 12.3 Q. What are the side effects of Methycobal ?
- 12.4 Q. How effective is Methycobal?
- 12.5 Q. Should Methycobal be taken on an empty stomach?
- 12.6 Q. Does Methycobal make you drowsy?
- 12.7 Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Methycobal doses?
- 12.8 Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
- 12.9 Q. Does Methycobal effect my menstrual cycle?
- 12.10 Q. Is Methycobal safe for children?
- 12.11 Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Methycobal?
- 12.12 Q. Is Methycobal legal in India?
- 13 Authored By –
1What is Methycobal ?
Methycobal is mainly used to prevent or treat conditions like anaemia and neuropathies (nerve damage). Headache and loss of appetite are the major side effect at high repetitive doses. It should be totally avoided in case of Pediatric population and allergic reactions.
Methycobal Composition: Mecobalamin 500 mcg
Manufactured By: Wockhardt Ltd
Prescription: Not required as it is available as OTC
Form: Tablet, injection and capsules.
Price: Rs. 116.50 for 15 tablets.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Vitamin Supplement