Table of Contents
- What is Metrogyl 400?
- Uses of Metrogyl 400
- How does Metrogyl 400 work?
- How to take Metrogyl 400?
- Metrogyl 400 Common Dosage
- When to Avoid Metrogyl 400?
- Precautions While Taking Metrogyl 400:
- Side-Effects of Metrogyl 400:
- Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- Buyer’s Guide – Metrogyl 400 Composition, Variant and Price
- Substitutes of Metrogyl 400
- FAQs – 12 Important Questions Answered about Metrogyl 400
- Q. What is Metrogyl 400?
- Authored By –
1What is Metrogyl 400?
Metrogyl 400 is mainly used to prevent or treat infections like Amebiasis, Giardiasis, and Tichomoniasis Hepatitis, jaundice and erythema multiforme are the major side effects at high doses. It should be totally avoided in case of blood and neurological disease and allergic cases.
Metrogyl 400 Composition: Metronidazole 400 mg
Manufactured By: J B Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Prescription: Required as it comes under schedule ‘H’ but available as OTC drug.
Form: Tablets, gel, infusion and suspension.
Price: Rs 12.76 for 15 tablets.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Antibiotic