Table of Contents
- What is Mifepristone tablet?
- Uses of Mifepristone tablet
- How does Mifepristone tablet work?
- How to Take the Mifepristone tablet?
- Common Dosage for Mifepristone tablet
- When to Avoid Mifepristone tablet?
- Precautions While taking Mifepristone Tablet
- Side-Effects of Mifepristone tablet
- Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- Storage requirements for Mifepristone Tablet
- FAQs – 14 Important Questions Answered about Mifepristone tablet –
1What is Mifepristone tablet?
Mifepristone tablet is a synthetic anti-progestational steroidal tablet used for the termination of early pregnancy, used in a medical abortion process usually combined with Misoprostol. (>98% effective in first 49 days of pregnancy). Mifepristone tablet is also used to control BP in Cushing’s syndrome by blocking cortisol effects.
Mifepristone tablet Composition – inactive ingredients colloidal silica anhydrous and cornstarch, povidone, microcrystalline cellulose and magnesium stearate.
Manufactured By – Shreeji Pharma International
Prescription – not an OTC medicine, requires doctor’s prescription.
Form – most commonly used are tablets.
Price – Rs 1340 (Abo Pill -200mg, vol-4). Commonly bought with Misoprostol.
Expiry/Shelf Life – 48 months.
Type of Drug– anti-progestational steroid for medical termination of pregnancy.
Warning- Mifepristone tablet may cause loss of pregnancy. Pregnancy must be avoided while taking the medication and for one month after stopping the medication.