Skip to Content
- Q. What happens if I overdose on Mifepristone tablet?
- Q. What happens if I miss a dose of Mifepristone tablet?
- Q. What happens if I eat expired Mifepristone tablet?
- Q. What is the onset time of Mifepristone tablet?
- Q. Till When Does the Effect of Mifepristone tablet stay?
- Warnings when using Mifepristone tablet-
- Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to mifepristone?
- What are the effects of mifepristone tablets on organs?
- 1. Food Interactions with Mifepristone Tablet
- 2. Medicines Interactions with Mifepristone
- 3. Effects of Mifepristone Tablet on Lab Tests
- 4. Mifepristone interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
- Q. Can I have a Mifepristone Tablet with alcohol?
- Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
- Q. Can I have a Mifepristone Tablet when pregnant?
- Q. Can I have a Mifepristone Tablet when feeding a baby?
- Q. Can I drive after taking mifepristone?
- Q. What is Mifepristone Tablet?
- Q. What are the uses of Mifepristone Tablet?
- Q. What are the side effects of Mifepristone Tablet?
- Q. How effective is Mifepristone Tablet?
- Q. How long does it take for Mifepristone Tablet to show results?
- Q. Should Mifepristone be taken on an empty stomach?
- Q. Does Mifepristone Tablet make you drowsy?
- Q. What should be the time gap between the intakes of 2 Mifepristone tablets?
- Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
- Q. Does Mifepristone Tablet effect my menstrual cycle?
- Q. Is Mifepristone Tablet safe for children?
- Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Mifepristone Tablet?
- Q. Is Mifepristone Tablet legal in India?
- Q. Is there a generic variant for Mifepristone Tablet?
1What is Mifepristone tablet?
Mifepristone tablet is a synthetic anti-progestational steroidal tablet used for the termination of early pregnancy, used in a medical abortion process usually combined with Misoprostol. (>98% effective in first 49 days of pregnancy). Mifepristone tablet is also used to control BP in Cushing’s syndrome by blocking cortisol effects.
Mifepristone tablet Composition – inactive ingredients colloidal silica anhydrous and cornstarch, povidone, microcrystalline cellulose and magnesium stearate.
Manufactured By – Shreeji Pharma International
Prescription – not an OTC medicine, requires doctor’s prescription.
Form – most commonly used are tablets.
Price – Rs 1340 (Abo Pill -200mg, vol-4). Commonly bought with Misoprostol.
Expiry/Shelf Life – 48 months.
Type of Drug– anti-progestational steroid for medical termination of pregnancy.
Warning- Mifepristone tablet may cause loss of pregnancy. Pregnancy must be avoided while taking the medication and for one month after stopping the medication.