Table of Contents
- 1 What is Mifepristone tablet?
- 2 Uses of Mifepristone tablet
- 3 How does Mifepristone tablet work?
- 4 How to Take the Mifepristone tablet?
- 5 Common Dosage for Mifepristone tablet
- 6 When to Avoid Mifepristone tablet?
- 7 Precautions While taking Mifepristone Tablet
- 8 Side-Effects of Mifepristone tablet
- 9 Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- 9.1 1. Food Interactions with Mifepristone Tablet
- 9.2 2. Medicines Interactions with Mifepristone
- 9.3 3. Effects of Mifepristone Tablet on Lab Tests
- 9.4 4. Mifepristone interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
- 9.5 Q. Can I have a Mifepristone Tablet with alcohol?
- 9.6 Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
- 9.7 Q. Can I have a Mifepristone Tablet when pregnant?
- 9.8 Q. Can I have a Mifepristone Tablet when feeding a baby?
- 9.9 Q. Can I drive after taking mifepristone?
- 10 Storage requirements for Mifepristone Tablet
- 11 FAQs – 14 Important Questions Answered about Mifepristone tablet –
- 11.1 Q. What is Mifepristone Tablet?
- 11.2 Q. What are the uses of Mifepristone Tablet?
- 11.3 Q. What are the side effects of Mifepristone Tablet?
- 11.4 Q. How effective is Mifepristone Tablet?
- 11.5 Q. How long does it take for Mifepristone Tablet to show results?
- 11.6 Q. Should Mifepristone be taken on an empty stomach?
- 11.7 Q. Does Mifepristone Tablet make you drowsy?
- 11.8 Q. What should be the time gap between the intakes of 2 Mifepristone tablets?
- 11.9 Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
- 11.10 Q. Does Mifepristone Tablet effect my menstrual cycle?
- 11.11 Q. Is Mifepristone Tablet safe for children?
- 11.12 Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Mifepristone Tablet?
- 11.13 Q. Is Mifepristone Tablet legal in India?
- 11.14 Q. Is there a generic variant for Mifepristone Tablet?
1What is Mifepristone tablet?
Mifepristone tablet is a synthetic anti-progestational steroidal tablet used for the termination of early pregnancy, used in a medical abortion process usually combined with Misoprostol. (>98% effective in first 49 days of pregnancy). Mifepristone tablet is also used to control BP in Cushing’s syndrome by blocking cortisol effects.
Mifepristone tablet Composition – inactive ingredients colloidal silica anhydrous and cornstarch, povidone, microcrystalline cellulose and magnesium stearate.
Manufactured By – Shreeji Pharma International
Prescription – not an OTC medicine, requires doctor’s prescription.
Form – most commonly used are tablets.
Price – Rs 1340 (Abo Pill -200mg, vol-4). Commonly bought with Misoprostol.
Expiry/Shelf Life – 48 months.
Type of Drug– anti-progestational steroid for medical termination of pregnancy.
Warning- Mifepristone tablet may cause loss of pregnancy. Pregnancy must be avoided while taking the medication and for one month after stopping the medication.