Table of Contents
- 1 What is MIM Orange?
- 2 Uses of MIM Orange Syrup
- 3 How Does MIM Orange Syrup Work?
- 4 How to Take MIM Orange Syrup?
- 5 Common Dosage for MIM Orange Syrup
- 6 When to Avoid MIM Orange Syrup?
- 7 Precautions While Taking MIM Orange Syrup
- 8 Side-Effects of MIM Orange Syrup
- 9 Drug Interactions With MIM Orange Syrup to be Careful About
- 10 MIM Orange Syrup Composition, Variant and Price – Buyer’s Guide
- 11 Substitutes of MIM Orange Syrup
- 12 FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about MIM Orange Syrup
- 13 Similar Reads
What is MIM Orange?
MIM Orange Syrup is a multi-mineral, multi-vitamin formulation which provides Iron, Vitamin B and other essential minerals required for overall health and well being. MIM Orange Syrup can be used as an over the counter drug but it is always better to use it under medical supervision as advised as it may lead to adverse effects like nausea, diarrhoea etc.
MIM Orange Composition:Thiamine Hydrochloride(Vit. B1) 4.5 mg, Riboflavin(Vit. B2) 2.5 mg,Pyridoxine Hydrochloride(Vit. B6) 1.5 mg, Cyanocobalamin(Vit. B12) 5 mcg, Ferric Ammonium Citrate(87.8mg) equivalent to elemental Iron 18 mg, Zinc Sulphate Heptahydrate 33 mg equivalent to elemental Zinc 7.5 mg, Potassium Iodide 98.12 mcg equivalent to elemental Iodine 75 mcg, Copper Sulphate 1.77 mg equivalent to elemental Copper 0.45 mg, Sodium Selenate equivalent to elemental Selenium 40 mcg
Manufactured by – Meyer Organics Pvt Ltd
Prescription– Prescription is required
Form – Syrup
Price – Rs. 124
Type of Drug – Multivitamin, Multi-mineral
Uses of MIM Orange Syrup
MIM Orange Syrup is used as a nutritional supplement in various cases of deficiency of vitamins or in cases where there are increased requirement of above mentioned vitamins and minerals. It is commonly used in treatment or prevention of following diseases or symptoms:
- Patients with impaired dietary intake like severe alcoholics, elderly
- Patients with diabetes mellitus, those recovering from surgery
- Patients with fatigue, stress and anxiety (iron prevents fatigue by forming hemoglobin)
- As a supplement for growing children
- Micro nutritional deficiency in Pregnancy (iron, zinc, vitamin B complex)
- Cardiovascular diseases (copper is critical for development of cardiovascular system)
- Paraesthesia (Vitamin B6 and B12 required for healthy functioning of nervous system)
- Neuralgia (Vitamin B6 and B12 required for healthy functioning of nervous system)
- To boost immunity (selenium acts as anti-oxidant whereas zinc boosts immunity)
- Muscle cramps
- Iron deficiency anemia
Read more: Oxynerve Plus Uses | Pregabalin Uses
How Does MIM Orange Syrup Work?
All the above mentioned ingredients of MIM Orange Syrup are water soluble vitamins and essential minerals which are not present in significant amounts in our body stores, thus a regular and adequate uptake of these vitamins and minerals is necessary to undertake all the metabolic demands of the body.
How to Take MIM Orange Syrup?
- MIM Orange Syrup can be taken with or without food or as advised but it is always advisable to take it at a fixed time.
- In order to measure the prescribed dose, a medication measuring device and not a household spoon should be used.
- Shake the bottle well before each use.
Common Dosage for MIM Orange Syrup
- The drug dosage is decided by the physician based upon:
- Health status/medical condition of the patient
- Severity of symptoms
- Reaction to the first dose
- History of allergy/drug reactions
- Dosage in adults: 10ml twice a day and in children: 5ml twice a day.
Q. What happens if I overdose on MIM Orange Syrup?
MIM Orange Syrup should not be administered in more than prescribed dose. Taking increased dose will not improve your symptoms earlier; rather it may cause some side effects. In case of over dosage, consult your doctor immediately.
Q. What happens if I miss a dose of MIM Orange Syrup?
The potency of the medicine may decrease because for effective working of the drug, a certain amount of drug must be present in your body at all times. Always consume the missed dose as soon as you remember. But, if it’s already time for the next dose – do not double the dose.
Q. What happens if I eat expired MIM Orange Syrup?
The medicine may not work as well as the potency of the medicine gets affected. Please inform your physician regarding the same. To be on the safer side, always check and never use an expired medicine.
Q. What is the onset time of MIM Orange Syrup?
You should start to feel recovered within one day to one week following treatment with MIM Orange Syrup. If no improvement is observed within 7 days, consult your doctor.
Q. Till When Does The Effect of MIM Orange Syrup Stay?
The duration of time for which the medicine remains effective is not clinically established.
Read more: Neosporin Dosage
When to Avoid MIM Orange Syrup?
Do not Consume MIM Orange Syrup in the following scenarios:
- Allergy – if the patient is allergic to any of the components present in MIM Orange Syrup.
- Liver Disease – Patients with severe liver disease must consult the physician before use.
- Kidney disease – Patients with severe kidney disease or on dialysis must consult the physician before use.
Precautions While Taking MIM Orange Syrup
Inform your doctor about all the current list of medicines, over the counter products, allergies and pre-existing health conditions before you start taking MIM Orange Syrup.
Read more: Nervact Plus Precaution
Side-Effects of MIM Orange Syrup
The side effects associated with MIM Orange Syrupused for different treatments are:
- Diarrhea (common)
- Drowsiness (less common)
- Nausea (less common)
- Restlessness (less common)
- Headache (less common)
- Itching of skin (less common)
- Allergic reactions (rare)
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to MIM Orange Syrup?
Possible allergic reactions reported for MIM Orange Syrup are:
- Rash (common)
- Itching (common)
- Shortness of breath (less common)
- Swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat (rare)
- Loss of consciousness (rare)
What Are The Effects of MIM Orange Syrup on Organs?
- Patients with pre-existing liver and kidney disease should use it with caution. Dose adjustment might be needed in such cases.
Drug Interactions With MIM Orange Syrup to be Careful About
One needs to be careful of certain drug interactions when consuming MIM Orange Syrup. Drug interaction refers to effect of drugs on each other and on human body after ingestion. Large numbers of medicines have shown to interact with each other. Interactions are not just limited to drugs, but certain food items and some laboratory tests which should not be taken right after consuming MIM Orange Syrup. We explore these in details below.
1. Food Interactions with MIM Orange Syrup
No interactions observed with any food products
2. Medicines Interactions with MIM Orange Syrup
It is always advised that the patient must inform the physician about all the drugs/over the counter products/vitamin supplements used. It may interact with large number of medicines. Few important ones include:
- Tricyclic antidepressants (mild)
- Neomycin (moderate)
- Cimetidine (moderate)
- Arsenic trioxide (moderate)
3. Effects of MIM Orange Syrup on Lab Tests
No effect on any lab tests noted while taking MIM Orange Syrup.
4. MIM Orange Syrup’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
Patients suffering from pre-existing liver and kidney diseases must consult their physician before consuming MIM Orange Syrup.
Q. Can I have MIM Orange Syrup with alcohol?
Interaction of MIM Orange Syrup with alcohol is unknown.
Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
MIM Orange Syrup acts as a nutritional supplement. No alteration in its action seen with any food product.
Q. Can I have MIM Orange Syrup when pregnant?
MIM Orange Syrup should be used with caution in pregnant ladies. Always consult your doctor first. Always inform your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
Q. Can I have MIM Orange Syrup when feeding a baby?
There is no evidence as whether ingredients of MIM Orange Syrup are excreted in human breast milk or not thus it should be used with caution in lactating mothers.
Q. Can I drive after taking MIM Orange Syrup?
If one experiences side effects like drowsiness, headache or dizziness then it may not be advisable to drive a vehicle and operate heavy machinery while on this medication.
Read more: Pregabalin Side Effects | Normaton Side Effects
MIM Orange Syrup Composition, Variant and Price – Buyer’s Guide
|MIM Orange Syrup Variants||MIM Orange Syrup Composition||MIM Orange Syrup Price (Rs.)|
|MIM Orange L Syrup||L-lysine – 40mg Pyridoxine hydrochloride (Vitamin B6) – 1.5mg Cyanocobalamin (Vitamin B12) – 5mcg Ferric ammonium citrate – 87.8mg Zinc sulphate – 33mg Potassium Iodide – 98.12mcg Copper Sulphate – 1.77mg Sodium selenate – 40mcg||Rs. 124|
Substitutes of MIM Orange Syrup
The following are alternative drugs for MIM Orange Syrup:
- Manufactured by – Guardian pharmac
- Neuragen syrup
- Manufactured by – Indo French lab
Storage Requirements for MIM Orange Syrup
- Storage at room temperature away from direct light and heat unless mentioned in the package insert.
- Keep medicines away from children and pets.
FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about MIM Orange Syrup
Q. What is MIM Orange Syrup?
Ans. MIM Orange Syrup is a multi-mineral, multi-vitamin formulation which provides Iron, Vitamin B and other essential minerals required for overall health and well being.
Q. What are the uses of MIM Orange Syrup?
Ans. It provides Iron, Vitamin B and other essential minerals required for overall health and well being
Q. What are the side effects of MIM Orange Syrup?
Ans. The most common side effects of MIM Orange Syrup are Diarrhea, Drowsiness, Nausea, Restlessness, Headache, Itching of skin, Allergic reactions
Q. How effective is MIM Orange Syrup?
Ans. MIM Orange Syrup is effective due to its multi-mineral, multi-vitamin formulation properties. However, there are other medicines which perform better.
Q. How long does it take for MIM Orange Syrup to show results?
Ans. The duration of time for which the medicine remains effective is not clinically established.
Q. Should MIM Orange Syrup be taken on an empty stomach?
Ans. MIM Orange Syrup can be taken empty stomach as well as after food.
Q. Does MIM Orange Syrup make you drowsy?
Ans. MIM Orange Syrup can make you drowsy.
Q. What should be the time gap between the intake of 2 MIM Orange Syrup?
Ans. MIM Orange Syrup is usually administered after a gap of 8-12 hours after the first dose.
Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
Ans. A complete course prescribed by your doctor must be taken for complete cessation of symptoms from your body.
Q. Does MIM Orange Syrup effect my menstrual cycle?
Ans. No, MIM Orange Syrup does not affect your menstrual cycle.
Q. Is MIM Orange Syrup safe for children?
Ans. MIM Orange Syrup is safe for consumption in children above 12 years of age. Children below 12 years should use it with caution.
Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking MIM Orange Syrup ?
Ans. Patients with history of allergic reaction to any of the ingredients of MIM Orange Syrup should use it with caution.
Q. Is MIM Orange Syrup legal in India?
Ans. Yes, it is legal.
Disclaimer – The information provided above is to the best of our research and knowledge. However, you are recommended to consult a physician before consuming the drug.