Table of Contents
- What is Mobizox?
- Uses of Mobizox
- How does Mobizox work?
- How to take Mobizox?
- Common Dosage for Mobizox
- When to Avoid Mobizox?
- Precautions While Taking Mobizox
- Side-Effects of Mobizox
- Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- Buyer’s Guide – Mobizox Composition, Variant and Price
- Substitutes of Mobizox
- FAQs – 10 Questions Answered about Mobizox
1What is Mobizox?
Used mainly to prevent or treat pain like acute migraine attack, toothache and post operative pain. Dry mouth and nausea are the common side effect at high repetitive doses. It should be totally avoided in case of asthma, liver or kidney disorders and gastric ulcer.
Mobizox Composition: Diclofenac 50mg + Paracetamol 325mg + Chlorzoxazone 500mg
Manufactured By: Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
Prescription: Required as it comes under schedule ‘H’ but is also available as OTC
Price: Rs. 164 for 10 tablets.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: NSAID + Analgesic + Muscle relaxant
2Uses of Mobizox
Mobizox is used to prevent or treat the following conditions:
- Migraine: Used to treat an acute migraine attack
- Muscle pain: Used to manage acute Musculo-skeletal pain
- Post operative Pain: Used to manage post operative Pain
- Bodyache: Used to treat bodyache due to various reasons.
- Tendonitis: Used to treat tendonitis (inflammation of tendons like Tennis elbow)
- Toothache: Used to treat or manage dental pain.
- Bursitis: Used to treat bursitis (inflammation of lubricating fluid sacs in joints)
- Frozen shoulder: Used to treat complicated conditions like frozen shoulder.
- Fracture: Used to manage pain in cases of fracture.
Also Read: Nexprord Uses | Nicipplus Uses | Nimesulide Uses
3How does Mobizox work?
- Mobizox contains Diclofenac, Paracetamol and Chlorzoxazone.
- Diclofenac is a pain reliever and Paracetamol is analgesic as well as anti pyretic in nature and works by blocking Prostaglandins synthesis by blocking COX (Cyclo oxygenase) enzymes first.
- COX enzymes are responsible for prostaglandins synthesis and prostaglandins are responsible for pain, fever and swelling.
- Therefore, Paracetamol helps relieving pain, fever and swelling.
- Chlorzoxazone works by blocking the nerve signals transmission to the brain and eventually relaxing the muscle fibres.
4How to take Mobizox?
- Mobizox is usually available in the form of tablets.
- Mobizox Tablet is taken via mouth with a glass of water preferably with or after food as it prevents any potential gastric irritation caused by the drug when taken empty stomach.
- Mobizox Tablet should never be chewed or crushed. It should be swallowed as a whole.
- Mobizox Tablet should be taken with equal time interval between two doses.
- It is advisable to go through the pack insert properly before consuming the drug to have a better understanding of the drug.
5 Common Dosage for Mobizox
- Mobizox dosage can be decided by the doctor for every individual as per Age, Weight, Mental status, Allergic history and Health status of the patient.
- The common Adult dose of Mobizox Tablet is 2-3 tablets a day with an interval of at least 4-6 hours between two doses.
- The dose can be altered by the doctor depending on the condition or response by the patient.
- It is not recommended to be administered to children below 12 years of age.
- Paediatrician should be consulted when administering paediatric dose.
- Dose alteration should be avoided without proper medical consultation.
Q. What happens if I overdose on Mobizox?
Overdose of Mobizox can cause undesirable effects like stomach irritation, nausea, and vomiting and can also lead to complications in a few cases.
Therefore, strictly adhere to the prescribed dose and seek medical help immediately in case of any symptoms of overdose.
Q. What happens if I miss a dose of Mobizox?
The dose prescribed by the doctor should never be missed and if missed, it should be consumed always as soon as you remember it. But, avoid taking a double dose if it’s already time for the second dose after that as it may lead to an overdose of the drug
Q. What happens if I eat expired Mobizox?
Expired Mobizox might not exhibit effects or any undesirable effects. However, one should abstain from consuming the expired drug.
Q. Onset time of Mobizox and till when does the effect of Mobizox stays?
- The effect of Mobizox can be seen within 30-60 minutes of oral administration of the drug.
- Although, the time taken by the drug to show its effect may vary with every individual patient.
Also Read: Melacare Cream Dosage | Meprate Dosage | Mintop Dosage
6When to Avoid Mobizox?
Do not Consume Mobizox if:
- Allergy: In cases of known allergy to Mobizox or any other NSAIDs or any of its constituents.
- Ulcer: In cases of patients with peptic ulcer, it can cause swelling and bleeding of stomach, colon or anus.
- Heart diseases: In cases of neonates with congenital heart disease.
- Asthma: In cases of patients with Asthma.
- Liver/ Kidney impairment: In cases of patients with liver disease and kidney disease or impairment.
7Precautions While Taking Mobizox
- Elderly patients: Mobizox or any other NSAID should be used with caution in elderly patients.
- Liver/ Kidney Impairment: Dose alteration may be required by the physician in patients with kidney, heart or liver impairments.
- GI Lesions: Mobizox should be used with extra caution in patients with a history of gastrointestinal lesions.
Warnings When Taking Mobizox
- There should be the equally spaced time interval between two doses.
- Always consume the tablet with or after meals to prevent any gastric irritation.
8Side-Effects of Mobizox
The side effects associated with Mobizox are:
- Nausea (common)
- Vomiting (common)
- Abdominal pain (less common)
- Dry mouth (common)
- Skin rash (common)
- Headache (less common)
- Dizziness (common)
- Diarrhoea (less common)
- Heart burn (less common)
- Loss of appetite (less common)
- Constipation (less common)
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Mobizox?
- Mobizox is known to cause an allergic reaction with symptoms like rashes, breathing difficulty, swelling of face, lip and throat and skin discoloration.
- In case of any such signs, immediate medical help should be taken.
What are the effects of Mobizox on organs?
- Mobizox should be used with caution in patients with liver impairment as Mobizox can affect the liver.
- It can cause stomach bleeding in patients with peptic ulcer.
9Drug Interactions to be Careful About
It is always advisable to be careful of a certain drug to drug or drug to food interactions when consuming Mobizox. Always be aware of the food items, other drugs or lab tests while consuming Mobizox. We explore these n details below.
1. Food Interactions with Mobizox
No particular food item to be avoided.
2. Medicines Interactions with Mobizox
All the potential drug interactions might not be listed here. It is always advisable that the patient must inform the physician about all the drugs/products you use. You must notify the doctor about the herbal products that you are currently consuming. You should never alter the drug regimen without your doctor’s approval.
The common drug interactions have been noticed with the following drugs:
- ACE Inhibitors (mild)
- Aspirin (moderate)
- Beta blockers (mild)
- Captopril (mild)
- Corticosteroids (mild)
- Cyclosporin (moderate)
- Diclofenac (moderate)
- Ibuprofen (mild)
- Loop diuretics (mild)
- Methotrexate (mild)
- Rifampicin (mild)
- Warfarin (mild)
3. Effects of Mobizox on Lab Tests
Mobizox does not affect any lab tests as such.
4. Mobizox’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
Any Liver or kidney diseases and asthma.
Q. Can I have Mobizox with alcohol?
No, alcohol consumption with Mobizox may cause liver damage. The doctor should always be consulted before taking alcohol with Mobizox.
Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
No particular food item is to be avoided.
Q. Can I have Mobizox when pregnant?
No, it is not safe to consume during pregnancy (especially in the first and third trimester due to chances of causing harm to the foetus). Always inform the doctor before taking Mobizox in cases of pregnancy or if you’re planning to conceive.
Q. Can I have Mobizox when feeding a baby?
Lactating mothers should use it only when necessary because its excretion in human milk is not known. Therefore, the drug should be used with caution and the doctor should always be informed
Q. Can I drive after taking Mobizox?
Mobizox might cause drowsiness/ sleepiness in some patients and one must avoid driving or operating heavy machinery if drowsiness or dizziness occurs.
10 Buyer’s Guide – Mobizox Composition, Variant and Price
|Mobizox Variants||Mobizox Composition||Mobizox Price|
|Mobizox Tablet||Diclofenac 50mg + Paracetamol 325mg + Chlorzoxazone 500mg||Rs. 164 for 10 Tablets|
|KO Bizox Tablet||Diclofenac 50mg + Paracetamol 500mg + Chlorzoxazone 500mg||Rs. 9.41 for 10 tablets|
Buy & Get Minimum 20% Discount: Saveonmedicals | Yscart
11Substitutes of Mobizox
The following are alternative drugs for Mobizox:
- Cip-Zox Tablet:
- Manufactured by – Cipla
- Price – Rs. 45.75
- Myospaz Forte Tablet:
- Manufactured by – Win Medicare
- Price – Rs. 108
- Lobak Tablet:
- Manufactured by – Geno Pharma
- Price – Rs. 45
- Diclotal MR Tablet:
- Manufactured by – Blue Cross
- Price – Rs. 28.5
Storage requirements for Mobizox
- Store the Mobizox tablet at a dry, moisture free place away from direct heat or sunlight at room temperature.
- Keep it at a place away from children’s reach.
12FAQs – 10 Questions Answered about Mobizox
Q. What is Mobizox?
Ans. Mobizox is a combinational drug that contains Diclofenac, Paracetamol and Chlorzoxazone.
Mobizox is used mainly to treat muscle spasm or body ache.
Q. How effective it is/ How long does it take for Mobizox to show results?
Ans. The effect of Mobizox can be seen within 30-60 minutes of oral administration of the drug.
Q. Should Mobizox be taken on an empty stomach?
Ans. Mobizox should not be taken empty stomach to prevent any potential stomach upset.
Q. Does Mobizox make you drowsy?
Ans. Yes, Mobizox may cause drowsiness in few cases but it varies with every individual.
Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Mobizox doses?
Ans. Ideal time gap of 4-6 hours should be there between two doses.
Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
Ans. Mobizox should be consumed as prescribed by the doctor and in case of any severity of symptoms, immediate medical help or consultation should be taken.
And the doctor should be the one to decide when and how to stop the cycle of Mobizox.
Q.Does Mobizox effect my menstrual cycle?
Ans. No, it generally doesn’t affect the menstrual cycle but one should always consult the doctor in case of pre existing menstrual problems before consuming the drug
Q. Is Mobizox safe for children?
Ans. Mobizox should not be administered in children without proper consultation and recommendation by the Paediatrician should be taken.
Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Mobizox?
Ans. Any liver disorder or allergic reactions are to be taken into consideration before taking Mobizox.
Q. Is Mobizox legal in India?
Ans. Yes, it is legal in India.
Disclaimer – The information provided above is to the best of our research and knowledge. However, you are recommended to consult a physician before consuming the drug.
Authored by –