Table of Contents
- 1 What is Monocef?
- 2 Uses of Monocef
- 3 How does Monocef work?
- 4 How to take Monocef?
- 5 Common Dosage for Monocef
- 6 When to Avoid Monocef?
- 7 Precautions While Taking Monocef
- 8 Side-Effects of Monocef
- 9 Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- 9.1 1. Food Interactions with Monocef
- 9.2 2. Medicines Interactions with Monocef
- 9.3 3. Effects of Monocef on Lab Tests
- 9.4 4. Monocef’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
- 9.5 Q. Can I have Monocef with alcohol?
- 9.6 Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
- 9.7 Q. Can I have Monocef when pregnant?
- 9.8 Q. Can I have Monocef when feeding a baby?
- 9.9 Q. Can I drive after taking Monocef?
- 10 Buyer’s Guide – Monocef Composition, Variant and Price
- 11 Substitutes of Monocef
- 12 FAQs – 10 Questions Answered about Monocef
- 12.1 Q. What is Monocef?
- 12.2 Q. How effective it is/ How long does it take for Monocef to show results?
- 12.3 Q. Should Monocef be taken on an empty stomach?
- 12.4 Q. Does Monocef make you drowsy?
- 12.5 Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Monocef doses?
- 12.6 Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
- 12.7 Q. Does Monocef effect my menstrual cycle?
- 12.8 Q. Is Monocef safe for children?
- 12.9 Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Monocef?
- 12.10 Q. Is Monocef legal in India?
- 13 Authored by-
1What is Monocef?
Used basically to treat infections caused by bacteria like Respiratory tract infections, Bronchitis, ear and throat infections. Dark colored urine, Seizures, and yellowing of skin are some rare but major side effects of this drug at high repetitive doses. It should be totally avoided in case of allergy or any history of allergic reaction to the drug or the same class of drugs.
Monocef Composition: Cefpodoxime Proxetil 200mg.
Manufactured By: Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd.
Prescription: Required as it comes under schedule ‘H’
Form: Tablets, Syrup and Injection.
Price: Rs 138 for 10 tablets.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Antibiotic