Skip to Content
- Q. What happens if I overdose on Monocef?
- Q. What happens if I miss a dose of Monocef?
- Q. What happens if I eat expired Monocef?
- Q. Onset time of Monocef and till when does the effect of Monocef stays?
- Warnings When Taking Monocef
- Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Monocef?
- What are the effects of Monocef on organs?
- 1. Food Interactions with Monocef
- 2. Medicines Interactions with Monocef
- 3. Effects of Monocef on Lab Tests
- 4. Monocef’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
- Q. Can I have Monocef with alcohol?
- Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
- Q. Can I have Monocef when pregnant?
- Q. Can I have Monocef when feeding a baby?
- Q. Can I drive after taking Monocef?
- Storage requirements for Monocef
- Q. What is Monocef?
- Q. How effective it is/ How long does it take for Monocef to show results?
- Q. Should Monocef be taken on an empty stomach?
- Q. Does Monocef make you drowsy?
- Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Monocef doses?
- Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
- Q. Does Monocef effect my menstrual cycle?
- Q. Is Monocef safe for children?
- Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Monocef?
- Q. Is Monocef legal in India?
1What is Monocef?
Used basically to treat infections caused by bacteria like Respiratory tract infections, Bronchitis, ear and throat infections. Dark colored urine, Seizures, and yellowing of skin are some rare but major side effects of this drug at high repetitive doses. It should be totally avoided in case of allergy or any history of allergic reaction to the drug or the same class of drugs.
Monocef Composition: Cefpodoxime Proxetil 200mg.
Manufactured By: Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd.
Prescription: Required as it comes under schedule ‘H’
Form: Tablets, Syrup and Injection.
Price: Rs 138 for 10 tablets.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Antibiotic