Table of Contents
- 1 What is Monocef?
- 2 Uses of Monocef
- 3 How does Monocef work?
- 4 How to take Monocef?
- 5 Common Dosage for Monocef
- 6 When to Avoid Monocef?
- 7 Precautions While Taking Monocef
- 8 Side-Effects of Monocef
- 9 Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- 10 Buyer’s Guide – Monocef Composition, Variant and Price
- 11 Substitutes of Monocef
- 12 FAQs – 10 Questions Answered about Monocef
- 13 Authored by-
1What is Monocef?
Used basically to treat infections caused by bacteria like Respiratory tract infections, Bronchitis, ear and throat infections. Dark colored urine, Seizures, and yellowing of skin are some rare but major side effects of this drug at high repetitive doses. It should be totally avoided in case of allergy or any history of allergic reaction to the drug or the same class of drugs.
Monocef Composition: Cefpodoxime Proxetil 200mg.
Manufactured By: Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd.
Prescription: Required as it comes under schedule ‘H’
Form: Tablets, Syrup and Injection.
Price: Rs 138 for 10 tablets.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Antibiotic