Table of Contents
- 1 What is Monticope?
- 2 Uses of Monticope
- 3 How does Monticope work?
- 4 How to take Monticope?
- 5 Common Dosage for Monticope
- 6 When to Avoid Monticope?
- 7 Precautions While Taking Monticope
- 8 Side-Effects of Monticope
- 9 Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- 10 Buyer’s Guide – Monticope Composition, Variant and Price
- 11 Substitutes of Monticope
- 12 FAQs – 10 Questions Answered about Monticope
- 13 Authored By –
1What is Monticope?
Used mainly to treat conditions like allergic rhinitis (runny nose, itchy and watery eyes) and asthma. Epistaxis (bleeding from nose) and fatigue at repetitive high doses is the major side effect. It should be totally avoided in case of liver problems or end-stage kidney disease.
Monticope Composition: Levocetrizine Hydrochloride 5mg + Montelukast Sodium 10mg
Manufactured by: Mankind Pharmaceutical Ltd.
Prescription: Required as it comes under schedule ‘H’
Form: Tablets and Syrups.
Price: Rs 99.9 for 10 tablets.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Antiallergic (antihistaminic + anticholinergic)