Table of Contents
- What is Moxikind CV 625?
- Uses of Moxikind CV 625
- How does Moxikind CV 625 work?
- How to take Moxikind CV 625?
- Moxikind CV 625 Common Dosage
- When to Avoid Moxikind CV 625?
- Precautions While Taking Moxikind CV 625:
- Side-Effects of Moxikind CV 625:
- Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- Buyer’s Guide – Moxikind CV 625 Composition, Variant and Price
- Substitutes of Moxikind CV 625
- FAQs – 12 Important Questions Answered about Combiflam
- Authored By –
1What is Moxikind CV 625?
Moxikind CV 625 is mainly used to treat different kind of infections like skin, sinus, respiratory and urine tract infection. Gastrointestinal upset, jaundice and hepatitis are the major side effects at high doses. It should be totally avoided in case of liver disease, jaundice and viral infections.
Moxikind CV 625 Composition: Amoxicillin 500 mg and Clavulanic Acid 125mg
Manufactured By: Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Prescription: Required as it comes under schedule ‘H’.
Form: Tablets, syrup and drops.
Price: Rs 139.94 for 10 tablets.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Antibiotic
2Uses of Moxikind CV 625
Moxikind CV 625 is used for many infectious bacterial diseases as follows:
- Respiratory Tract Infections: Treats symptoms like runny nose, mucus sneezing, sore throat.
- Skin Infections: Used to treat symptoms presenting with skin rash, redness or pus filled blisters.
- Sinus Infections: Used to manage symptoms like pain in upper jaw/facial pain, nasal congestion.
- Urinary Tract Infections: Used to treat symptoms like pain in bladder, groin & pelvis, vaginal irritation
- Dental and Oral Infections: Treats symptoms manifesting as swelling in face or cheek, throbbing toothache.
- Soft Tissue Infections: Treats symptoms presenting with erythema(redness), edema(swelling) of affected area
3How does Moxikind CV 625 work?
- Moxikind CV 625 contains Amoxicillin and Clavulanic Acid as its main active ingredient
- Amoxicillin works by rupturing the bacterial cell walls through denaturation of bacterial cell wall’s protein and ultimately killing the bacterial cells.
- Clavulanic Acid of Moxikind CV 625 works by ensuring the antibiotic activity of Amoxicillin.
- Clavulanic Acid inhibits the beta lactamase enzymes secreted by bacterial cells as a defence mechanism by the bacterial cells and helps Amoxicillin to exhibit maximum efficacy.
4How to take Moxikind CV 625?
- Moxikind CV 625 is usually available in tablet form for use in adults.
- Moxikind CV 625 tablet is usually taken by mouth with a glass of water either with food or after food as food increases pH of stomach which aids in better absorption of drug and also protects the gastric mucosa.
- When taking Moxikind CV suspension, bottle should be shaken up well to have a homogenous mix of the drug.
- For complete infection eradication, complete physician’s prescribed dose should be taken.
- It is advisable to go through the drug leaflet available in the packet insert.
5Moxikind CV 625 Common Dosage
- Moxikind CV 625 dosage can be decided by the doctor for every individual as per Age, Weight, Mental status, Allergic history and Health status of the patient.
- The usual common adult dose of Moxikind CV 625 is single tablet twice a day for 3 days or 5 days depending upon the severity of the infection.
- Paediatric dose of Moxikind CV 625 is to be decided by a paediatrician only depending upon the severity of the infection.
Q. What happens if I overdose on Moxikind CV 625?
Overdose of Moxikind CV 625 can cause symptoms like rashes, itching and other undesired effects so the dose of the drug should be taken carefully as prescribed by the doctor and Consult the Medical Staff or the doctor immediately in case of Moxikind CV 625 overdose.
Q. What happens if I miss a dose of Moxikind CV 625?
Dose prescribed by the doctor should never be missed as for the drug to exhibit proper effects, a certain amount of drug should always be present in the body and the missed dose should be consumed always as soon as you remember it. But, avoid taking a double dose if it’s already time for the second dose after that as it may lead to overdose of the drug.
Q. What happens if I eat expired Moxikind CV 625?
Expired dose of Moxikind CV 625 is very unlikely to cause any undesired effect however, the physician should be consulted in case of any sickness or symptoms after consuming an expired medicine. An expired drug is not potent enough to treat the condition and one should avoid consuming expired drug.
Q. Onset time of Moxikind CV 625?
One should start to feel recovered within first few days of Moxikind CV 625 therapy.
Q. Till when does the effect of Moxikind CV 625 stays?
- Complete prescribed dose of the drug should be taken before stopping the treatment.
- The time taken by the drug to show its effect may vary with every individual.
Also read other medicine's Dosage: Metrogyl 400 Dosage
6When to Avoid Moxikind CV 625?
Do not Consume Moxikind CV 625 if:
- Allergy: In cases of known history of allergy to Penicillin or any of its derivatives
- Liver dysfunction: In cases of known history of jaundice/hepatic dysfunction or any severe liver disease.
- Viral infections: In cases of infection caused by virus like common cold, as Moxikind CV 625 is an antibiotic and is ineffective against viral infections.
- Infection Mononucleosis: In cases of Infectious Mononucleosis.
- Kidney impairment: In cases of renal insufficiency or Liver impairments as the drug is metabolised in liver mainly and will lead to increased serum level of the drug.
7Precautions While Taking Moxikind CV 625:
- Caution: The drug should not be administered in patients with liver and kidney diseases without proper caution and unless it is necessary.
- Appropriate use: Moxikind CV 625 should be used only in cases suspected to be of bacterial origin.
- Dose alteration: Dose alteration without medical consultation should be avoided.
- Empty stomach: Moxikind CV 625 should not be taken empty stomach.
Warnings When Taking Moxikind CV 625
- The doctor should always be informed in case of known allergy to Amoxicillin or penicillin.
- In cases of liver and renal impairment, the doctor should always be notified.
- Moxikind CV 625 should always be taken with or after food to avoid stomach upset.
- Moxikind CV 625 should be used only in cases of bacterial infections.
- Possibility of other opportunistic fungal infections should be ruled out with caution in patients on prolonged Moxikind CV 625 therapy.
8Side-Effects of Moxikind CV 625:
The side effects associated with Moxikind CV 625 are:
- Gastrointestinal upset (common)
- Mycosis (less common)
- Rashes (common)
- Nausea (common)
- Vomiting (common)
- Anaphylaxis (less common)
- Cholestatic Jaundice (less common)
- Blood dyscracias (less common)
- Toxic epidermal necrolysis (less common)
- Convulsions (less common)
- Exfoliative dermatitis (less common)
- Stevens- Johnson syndrome (less common)
- Angioedema (less common)
- Hepatitis (less common)
- Tooth discolouration (less common)
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Moxikind CV 625?
- A serious allergic reaction can occur in patients with penicillin allergy or sensitivity to any of its derivatives
- Serious allergic reactions like Anaphylaxis and dermatologic reactions including Stevens Johnson Syndrome and toxic epidermal necrolysis have been reported in patients on Moxikind CV 625 therapy very rarely.
- In case of any allergic signs like itching, redness and rashes, immediate medical help should be taken.
What are the effects of Moxikind CV 625 on organs?
- Moxikind CV 625 can affect hepatic and renal functions therefore, extra caution or dose modification is required in cases of hepatic or renal impairment.
- In case of any allergic reaction or overdose, immediate medical help should be taken.
9Drug Interactions to be Careful About
It is always advisable to be careful of certain drug to drug or drug to food interactions when consuming Moxikind CV 625. Always be aware of the food items, other drugs or lab tests while consuming Moxikind CV 625. We explore these n details below.
1. Food Interactions with Combiflam
Grapefruit (Juices or any grapefruit products) should be avoided
2. Medicines Interactions with Combiflam
All the potential drug interactions might not be listed here. It is always advisable that the patient must inform the physician about of all the drugs/products you use. You must notify the doctor about the herbal products that you are currently consuming. You should never alter the drug regimen without your doctor’s approval.
The common drug interactions have been noticed with the following drugs:
- Probenecid (mild)
- Allupurinol (moderate)
- Warfarin and other blood thinners(anti-coagulants) (mild)
- Methotrexate (as Moxikind CV 625 may reduce Methotrexate excretion resulting in its toxicity)Mycophenolate mofetil (moderate)
- Magnesium Citrate (mild)
- Proton pump inhibitors such as rabeprazole, omeprazole, Pantoprazole (mild)
- Antibiotics like tetracycline, doxycycline (mild)
- Tramadol (mild)
3. Effects of Combiflam on Lab Tests
Moxikind CV 625 does not affect any lab test as such.
4. Combiflam’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
Any Liver or kidney diseases, viral infections
Q. Can I have Moxikind CV 625 with alcohol?
No. As Moxikind CV 625 is already known to have effects like drowsiness and also affects liver and consuming alcohol with Moxikind CV 625 may worsen the effects.
Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
Grapefruit (Juices or any grapefruit products) should be avoided.
Q. Can I have Moxikind CV 625 when pregnant?
The doctor should always be informed in case of pregnancy or plans of conceiving as Moxikind CV 625 can cause decreased estrogen levels during pregnancy and also causes oral contraceptives to be proven ineffective.
Q. Can I have Moxikind CV 625 when feeding a baby?
Traces of Moxikind CV 625 have been found in human milk. Therefore, the doctor should always be informed if you are breastfeeding your child as a precautionary measure.
Q. Can I drive after taking Moxikind CV 625?
Moxikind CV 625 can cause dizziness in few cases so one should avoid driving if any dizziness or drowsiness occurs.
Also Read: Zifi 200 Side effect
10Buyer’s Guide – Moxikind CV 625 Composition, Variant and Price
|Combiflam Variants||Combiflam Composition||Combiflam Price (Rs.)|
|Moxikind CV 625 tablet||Amoxicillin 500 mg + Clavulanic Acid 125mg||Rs.144.75 for 10 tablet|
|Moxikind CV 375 tablet||Amoxicillin 250 mg + Clavulanic Acid 125 mg||Rs.135 for 10 tablet|
|Moxikind CV forte dry Syrup||Amoxicillin 400 mg + Clavulanic Acid 57 mg||Rs. 99.82 for 1 pack|
|Moxikind CV dry 30ml Syrup||Amoxicillin 200 mg + Clavulanic Acid 28.5mg/5ml||Rs. 53.25 for 1 pack|
|Moxikind CV Drops||Amoxicillin 80 mg + Clavulanic Acid 11.4 mg||Rs. 54.16 for 1 pack|
Buy & Get Minimum 20% Discount: Pharmeasy Medicines | Netmeds Medicines
11Substitutes of Moxikind CV 625
The following are alternative drugs for Moxikind CV 625:
- Abeo CV tablet:
- Manufactured by Bio oxy pharma
- Price- Rs. 195
- Clavullin 625 tablet:
- Manufactured by MHS Pharmaceuticals
- Price- Rs. 96.84
- Augmed 625mg tablet:
- Manufactured by German remedies
- Price- Rs. 109.6
- Augmentin Duo 625mg Tablet:
- Manufactured by Glaxo
- Price- Rs. 188.83
Storage requirements for Moxikind CV 625 Tablets
- Store the drug at room temperature below 30o C, away from moisture and direct heat.
- Keep at a place where it is out of reach of children
12FAQs – 12 Important Questions Answered about Combiflam
Q. What is Moxikind CV 625?
Ans. Moxikind CV 625 is an antibiotic that contains Amoxicillin and Clavulanic Acid in amalgamation as its active ingredient. Amoxicillin provides the antibacterial activity by killing the bacterial cells and Clavulanic acid ensures the efficacy of Amoxicillin by blocking the self protection mechanism of the bacterial cells. Moxikind CV 625 is used only to prevent or treat infections of the skin, middle ear, sinuses, lungs and the airways.
Q. What are the uses of Combiflam?
Ans. Moxikind CV 625 is used only to prevent or treat infections of the skin, middle ear, sinuses, lungs and the airways.
Q. What are the side effects of Combiflam?
Ans. The most common side effects of Combiflam are Gastrointestinal upset, Mycosis, Rashes, Nausea, Vomiting.
Q.How long does it take for Moxikind CV 625 to show results?
Ans. One should start to feel recovered within first few days of Moxikind CV 625 therapy.
Q. Should Moxikind CV 625 be taken on an empty stomach?
Ans. Moxikind CV 625 should not be taken empty stomach to prevent any potential stomach irritation.
Q. Does Moxikind CV 625 make you drowsy?
Ans. Yes, Moxikind CV 625 may cause drowsiness in few cases but it varies with every individual.
Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Moxikind CV 625 doses?
Ans. Ideal time gap of 4-6 hours should be there between two doses to avoid Moxikind CV 625 toxicity or overdose.
Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
Ans. Moxikind CV 625 should be consumed as prescribed by the doctor and in case of any severity of symptoms, immediate medical help or consultation should be taken. And the doctor should be the one to decide when and how to stop the cycle of Moxikind CV 625.
Q. Does Moxikind CV 625 effect my menstrual cycle?
Ans. No, it generally doesn’t affect the menstrual cycle but one should always consult the doctor in case of pre existing menstrual problems before consuming the drug
Q. Is Moxikind CV 625 safe for children?
Ans. Moxikind CV 625 should only be administered in children after proper consultation and recommendation by the Paediatrician.
Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Moxikind CV 625?
Ans. Any liver disorder, viral infection, allergic reactions, are to be taken into consideration before taking Moxikind CV 625.
Q. Is Moxikind CV 625 legal in India?
Ans. Yes, it is legal in India.
Similar Reads –
Disclaimer – The information provided above is to the best of our research and knowledge. However, you are recommended to consult a physician before consuming the drug.
13Authored By –