Table of Contents
- What is Mucolite Syrup?
- Uses of Mucolite Syrup
- How does Mucolite Syrup work?
- How to take Mucolite Syrup?
- Common Dosage for Mucolite Syrup
- When to Avoid Mucolite Syrup?
- Precautions and warnings while Taking Mucolite Syrup
- Side-Effects of Mucolite Syrup
- Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- Buyer’s Guide – Mucolite Syrup Composition, Variant and Price
- Substitutes of Mucolite Syrup
- FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about Mucolite Syrup
- Authored By –
1What is Mucolite Syrup?
It is a medicine which is used to treat conditions related to mucus like acute sore throat, respiratory tract diseases and thickened mucus. Altered taste and dry mouth are the most commonly seen side effects at high doses. It should be totally avoided in case of allergic reactions, patients with liver or kidney diseases.
Mucolite Syrup Composition: Ambroxol 30mg/5ml in 100ml of syrup
Manufactured By: Dr Reddy’s laboratories Ltd.
Prescription: Required but it is also available as OTC.
Form: Syrup and tablets, ampoules, dry powder, drops and sachets.
Price: Rs. 78 for 100ml bottle
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months (when stored at cool place)
Type of Drug: Mucolytic agent