Skip to Content
- Q. What happens if I overdose on Mucolite Syrup?
- Q. What happens if I miss a dose of Mucolite Syrup?
- Q. What happens if I eat expired Mucolite Syrup?
- Q. What is the onset time of Mucolite Syrup?
- Q. Till when does the effect of Mucolite Syrup stay?
- Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Mucolite Syrup?
- What are the effects of Mucolite Syrup tablets on organs?
- 1. Food Interactions with Mucolite Syrup
- 2. Medicines Interactions with Mucolite Syrup
- 3. Effects of Mucolite Syrup on Lab Tests
- 4. Mucolite Syrup’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
- Q. Can I have Mucolite Syrup with alcohol?
- Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
- Q. Can I have Mucolite Syrup when pregnant?
- Q. Can I have Mucolite Syrup when feeding a baby?
- Q. Can I drive after taking Mucolite Syrup?
- Storage requirements for Mucolite Syrup
- Q. What is Mucolite Syrup?
- Q. How long does it take for Mucolite Syrup to show results?
- Q. Should Mucolite Syrup be taken on an empty stomach?
- Q. Does Mucolite Syrup make you drowsy?
- Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Mucolite Syrup doses?
- Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
- Q. Does Mucolite Syrup effect my menstrual cycle?
- Q. Is Mucolite Syrup safe for children?
- Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Mucolite Syrup?
- Q. Is Mucolite Syrup legal in India?
1What is Mucolite Syrup?
It is a medicine which is used to treat conditions related to mucus like acute sore throat, respiratory tract diseases and thickened mucus. Altered taste and dry mouth are the most commonly seen side effects at high doses. It should be totally avoided in case of allergic reactions, patients with liver or kidney diseases.
Mucolite Syrup Composition: Ambroxol 30mg/5ml in 100ml of syrup
Manufactured By: Dr Reddy’s laboratories Ltd.
Prescription: Required but it is also available as OTC.
Form: Syrup and tablets, ampoules, dry powder, drops and sachets.
Price: Rs. 78 for 100ml bottle
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months (when stored at cool place)
Type of Drug: Mucolytic agent