Table of Contents
- Benefits of Multani Mitti For Hair Growth
- 1. Removes dandruff, eczema, and itchiness from your scalp.
- 2. Prevents Hair damage
- 3. Promotes blood circulation
- 4. Makes hair smooth and shiny
- 5. Absorbs excess oil from hair
- Expert tips
- Ways To Use
- 1. Normal Hair
- 2. Dry Hair
- 3. Oily Hair
- 4. Straight Hair
- 5. Split Ends
- 6. Dandruff
You must have heard about Multani Mitti and how it is used to keep the skin flawless and glowing, It is used for its absorbing and cleaning properties such as tackling acne but did you know that it has a significant role to play in hair growth? Multani Mitti is naturally occurring sedimentary clay composed mainly of alumina, silica, and water in various proportions. Multani Mitti was first used as a cleaning agent to bleach sheep fur among other cosmetic and laundry purposes, oil in the skin, dark spots and freckles and other cases of hyperpigmentation. It has iron oxide which helps in removing impurities. Its high-water content can hydrate the hair instantly. Here are all the benefits of Multani Mitti for hair.
Also Read - Mustard Oil For Hair Growth
Benefits of Multani Mitti For Hair Growth
1. Removes dandruff, eczema, and itchiness from your scalp.
It prevents hair fall caused due to dandruff and dryness while also keeping the scalp healthy and clean. Multani Mitti helps to remove impurities from the hair and is also a very good pack for people with oily scalps as it helps to dry out the natural oils.
2. Prevents Hair damage
Hair damage causes roughness, split ends and breakage, Multani Mitti gives freedom from all these conditions.
3. Promotes blood circulation
By improving blood circulation to the scalp, it promotes fresh and healthy hair growth.
4. Makes hair smooth and shiny
By removing all signs of damage, Multani Mitti makes hair silky smooth and shiny.
5. Absorbs excess oil from hair
Oily hair can get dirty soon and toxins can get accumulated on the scalp. By absorbing excess oil, Multani Mitti keeps the scalp fresh and clean.
- Dr. Deepali Bhardwaj, a skincare expert from Delhi advises the use of Multani Mitti pack for oily skin. Use of the pack once in 15 days will remove excess oil from face and prevent acne.
- Beauty expert, Suparna Trikha recommends the use of Multani Mitti in treating dark circles. She advises on grating half a potato and mixing it with lemon juice, fresh cream, and Multani Mitti. Apply the paste on eyes and wash off after 20 minutes.
Ways To Use
There are different types of Multani Mitti hair packs for different hair:
1. Normal Hair
Massage hair with sesame oil and then apply Multani Mitti to roots and scalp. Wash after 20 minutes.
2. Dry Hair
Multani Mitti, Yogurt, Honey, Lime Juice. Make a paste with all four ingredients and apply on your hair. Shampoo after 20 minutes.
3. Oily Hair
Add reetha powder to Multani Mitti and apply it on your hair. Keep for an hour and wash off.
4. Straight Hair
Add One Egg and 5 spoons of rice flour to one cup of Multani Mitti, mix them in a paste and leave it for 30 minutes. It will smoothen and straighten your hair instantly.
5. Split Ends
Massage hair with olive oil, wrap hair in towel dipped in warm water, take curd and Multani Mitti mix and apply on your hair.
Make a paste from fenugreek seeds, add lemon juice and Multani Mitti to it. Leave it for 30 minutes before washing.