Table of Contents
- What is Mupifix?
- Uses of Mupifix
- Mupifix Composition
- How does Mupifix work?
- Mupifix Price in India
- How to Take Mupifix?
- Common Dosage For Mupifix?
- When To Avoid Mupifix?
- Side-effects of Mupifix?
- Reported Allergic Reactions?
- Drug Interactions to Be Careful About
- Shows Effects / Results In:
- Storage Requirements for Mupifix
- Pro Tips When Taking Mupifix –
- Frequently asked questions
- Is Mupifix Addictive?
- Can I have Mupifix with alcohol?
- Any particular food item to be avoided?
- Can I have Mupifix When Pregnant?
- Can I have Mupifix when feeding a baby?
- Can I drive after taking Mupifix?
- What happens if I overdose on Mupifix?
- What happens if I use expired Mupifix?
- What happens if I miss a dose of Mupifix?
- Similar Reads
What is Mupifix?
- Mupifix is a topical antibacterial medication which contains mupirocin 2% as its main ingredient.
Save Using: Netmeds Coupons | Medlife Coupons | Pharmeasy Coupons
Uses of Mupifix
- Mupifix ointment is used is used for the treatment of mild impetigo (school sores) due to: S. aureus and S. pyogenes.
Read more: Meconerv Forte Uses | Nimulid Hf Uses | Oskar Dsr Uses
How does Mupifix work?
Mupifix contains muciprocin 2% which is an antibacterial agent.
Mupirocin inhibits bacterial protein synthesis and kills the bacteria.
Mupifix Price in India
|Specification||Mupifix price in India|
|Mupifix Ointment||Rs. 95|
How to Take Mupifix?
A small amount of Mupifix should be applied to the affected area thrice daily.
Mupifix must be applied in a thin layer and evenly to the skin as prescribed by your physician.
Clean and dry the area on which Mupifix has to be used.
Hands should be properly washed before and after applying Mupifix.
The area treated with Mupifix should not be washed immediately after cream application.
The area treated may be covered with gauze dressing if desired.
The use of Mupifix should be continued as long as recommended by the doctor.
Common Dosage For Mupifix?
The drug dosage and form is decided by the physician based upon:
- age and body weight of the patient
- health status/medical condition of the patient
- disease severity
- reaction to the first dose
- history of allergy/drug reactions
Mupifix ointment is usually applied over the affected area 3 times daily for 10 days.
Read more: Nimeson Dosage
When To Avoid Mupifix?
- The use of Mupifix should be avoided if you are allergic to Mupifix or Muciprocin or any other ingredients present in Mupifix.
- The use of Mupifix should be avoided in wounded or infected areas of skin, unless the infection is also being treated.
- Mupifix should not be applied on the face unless advised by your physician.
- The use of Mupifix should be avoided in children less than 1 year of age.
- The use of Mupifix should be avoided in viral skin infections, such as herpes simplex infection, chickenpox.
- The use of Mupifix should be avoided in fungal skin infections, such as thrush, athlete’s foot.
- The use of Mupifix should be avoided in large parts of the body.
- The use of Mupifix should be avoided in itchy skin with no inflammation.
- The use of Mupifix should be avoided in inflammatory rashes around the mouth.
Read more: Mupinase Precaution | Ocid Dsr Precaution
Side-effects of Mupifix?
The possible side-effects are –
Read more: Venex Side Effects
Reported Allergic Reactions?
Possible allergic reactions reported are rashes, itching, swelling around lips, face and throat, and red, itchy bumps on skin.
Drug Interactions to Be Careful About
- All the possible drug interactions might not be listed here. You must always inform the physician of all the drugs/products you use.
- You must also inform about the herbal products that you are consuming. You must not modify the drug regimen without your doctor’s approval.
- If you need to use other drugs on same area of skin it is advisable to leave a gap of few minutes between each application so as to avoid mixing of two drugs.
- If you need to use a moisturiser, it is advisable to apply it 30 minutes before applying Mupifix so as to soften the skin surface and allow enhanced absorption of Mupifix.
- Please note that application of moisturiser just before/after application of Mupifix can dilute the drug and decrease its effectiveness.
Shows Effects / Results In:
Kindly consult your doctor if there is no response within 3 to 5 days.
Storage Requirements for Mupifix
Keep Mupifix in its tube until time to use it.
Keep Mupifix in a cool, dry place where it stays below 30°C, out of direct sunlight.
Do not store Mupifix or any other medicine in the bathroom or near a sink. Do not leave it on a window sill or in the car.
Pro Tips When Taking Mupifix –
- Never discontinue or initiate or alter the drug dose unless advised by your physician.
- Avoid contact with eyes, mouth or nose. It is advisable to rinse with cold water in case of an accidental contact.
- Before applying Mupifix, you must wash your hands thoroughly.
- Never cover the area being treated with bandage or any other airtight dressing unless advised by the physician.
- Mupifix should not be applied near flammable objects like gas or electric fires.
Frequently asked questions
Is Mupifix Addictive?
Can I have Mupifix with alcohol?
Please inform your physician before consuming alcohol.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
It is advisable to consult your doctor for case specific recommendations.
Can I have Mupifix When Pregnant?
Always inform your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
Mupifix should be used in pregnant females only after assessing the potential benefit risk ratio to the mother and foetus.
Can I have Mupifix when feeding a baby?
Always inform your doctor if you are breast-feeding your child.
Mupifix should be used in nursing mothers only after assessing the potential benefit risk ration to the mother and child.
Can I drive after taking Mupifix?
Mupifix usually doesn’t affect driving abilities.
What happens if I overdose on Mupifix?
If you have applied an over-dose, it is advisable to wash it with cold water and contact your consulting physician.
What happens if I use expired Mupifix?
It is very unlikely for a single dose of expired Mupifix to produce an adverse event. However, please consult your physician if you feel itching or any symptom after applying an expired medicine.
An expired drug might not be as potent in treating your condition. It is advisable to refrain from using expired drug.
What happens if I miss a dose of Mupifix?
If you forget to use Mupifix apply it as soon as you remember then continue as before.
Do not apply extra Mupifix to make up for missed doses.