Table of Contents
- What is Mupinase?
- Uses of Mupinase?
- Mupinase Composition
- How does Mupinase work?
- Mupinase Price in India
- How to Take Mupinase?
- Common Dosage For Mupinase?
- When To Avoid Mupinase?
- Side-effects of Mupinase?
- Reported Allergic Reactions?
- Drug Interactions to Be Careful About
- Shows Effects / Results In:
- Storage Requirements for Mupinase
- Pro Tips When Taking Mupinase –
- Frequently asked questions
- Is Mupinase Addictive?
- Can I have Mupinase with alcohol?
- Any particular food item to be avoided?
- Can I have Mupinase When Pregnant?
- Can I have Mupinase when feeding a baby?
- Can I drive after taking Mupinase?
- What happens if I overdose on Mupinase?
- What happens if I use expired Mupinase?
- What happens if I miss a dose of Mupinase?
- Similar Reads
What is Mupinase?
- Mupinase is a topical antibacterial medication which contains mupirocin 2% as its main ingredient.
Save Using: Myra Medicines Coupons | 1mg Coupons | Practo Coupons
Uses of Mupinase?
- Mupinase ointment is used is used for the treatment of mild impetigo (school sores) due to: S. aureus and S. pyogenes.
Read more: Meco Od Composition | Omeday D Composition
How does Mupinase work?
Mupinase contains muciprocin 2% which is an antibacterial agent.
Mupirocin inhibits bacterial protein synthesis and kills the bacteria.
Mupinase Price in India
|Specification||Mupinase price in India|
|Mupinase Ointment||Rs. 101.75|
|Mupinase Cream||Rs. 125.95|
Also check out: Ocid Dsr Price
How to Take Mupinase?
A small amount of Mupinase should be applied to the affected area thrice daily.
Mupinase must be applied in a thin layer and evenly to the skin as prescribed by your physician.
Clean and dry the area on which Mupinase has to be used.
Hands should be properly washed before and after applying Mupinase.
The area treated with Mupinase should not be washed immediately after cream application.
The area treated may be covered with gauze dressing if desired.
The use of Mupinase should be continued as long as recommended by the doctor.
Common Dosage For Mupinase?
The drug dosage and form is decided by the physician based upon:
- age and body weight of the patient
- health status/medical condition of the patient
- disease severity
- reaction to the first dose
- history of allergy/drug reactions
Mupinase ointment is usually applied over the affected area 3 times daily for 10 days.
When To Avoid Mupinase?
- The use of Mupinase should be avoided if you are allergic to Mupinase or Muciprocin or any other ingredients present in Mupinase.
- The use of Mupinase should be avoided in wounded or infected areas of skin, unless the infection is also being treated.
- Mupinase should not be applied on the face unless advised by your physician.
- The use of Mupinase should be avoided in children less than 1 year of age.
- The use of Mupinase should be avoided in viral skin infections, such as herpes simplex infection, chickenpox.
- The use of Mupinase should be avoided in fungal skin infections, such as thrush, athlete’s foot.
- The use of Mupinase should be avoided in large parts of the body.
- The use of Mupinase should be avoided in itchy skin with no inflammation.
- The use of Mupinase should be avoided in inflammatory rashes around the mouth.
Side-effects of Mupinase?
The possible side-effects are –
Reported Allergic Reactions?
Possible allergic reactions reported are rashes, itching, swelling around lips, face and throat, and red, itchy bumps on skin.
Drug Interactions to Be Careful About
- All the possible drug interactions might not be listed here. You must always inform the physician of all the drugs/products you use.
- You must also inform about the herbal products that you are consuming. You must not modify the drug regimen without your doctor’s approval.
- If you need to use other drugs on same area of skin it is advisable to leave a gap of few minutes between each application so as to avoid mixing of two drugs.
- If you need to use a moisturiser, it is advisable to apply it 30 minutes before applying Mupinase so as to soften the skin surface and allow enhanced absorption of Mupinase.
- Please note that application of moisturiser just before/after application of Mupinase can dilute the drug and decrease its effectiveness.
Shows Effects / Results In:
Kindly consult your doctor if there is no response within 3 to 5 days.
Storage Requirements for Mupinase
Keep Mupinase in its tube until time to use it.
Keep Mupinase in a cool, dry place where it stays below 30°C, out of direct sunlight.
Do not store Mupinase or any other medicine in the bathroom or near a sink. Do not leave it on a window sill or in the car.
Pro Tips When Taking Mupinase –
- Never discontinue or initiate or alter the drug dose unless advised by your physician.
- Avoid contact with eyes, mouth or nose. It is advisable to rinse with cold water in case of an accidental contact.
- Before applying Mupinase, you must wash your hands thoroughly.
- Never cover the area being treated with bandage or any other airtight dressing unless advised by the physician.
- Mupinase should not be applied near flammable objects like gas or electric fires.
Frequently asked questions
Is Mupinase Addictive?
Can I have Mupinase with alcohol?
Please inform your physician before consuming alcohol.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
It is advisable to consult your doctor for case specific recommendations.
Can I have Mupinase When Pregnant?
Always inform your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
Mupinase should be used in pregnant females only after assessing the potential benefit risk ratio to the mother and foetus.
Can I have Mupinase when feeding a baby?
Always inform your doctor if you are breast-feeding your child.
Mupinase should be used in nursing mothers only after assessing the potential benefit risk ration to the mother and child.
Can I drive after taking Mupinase?
Mupinase usually doesn’t affect driving abilities.
What happens if I overdose on Mupinase?
If you have applied an over-dose, it is advisable to wash it with cold water and contact your consulting physician.
What happens if I use expired Mupinase?
It is very unlikely for a single dose of expired Mupinase to produce an adverse event. However, please consult your physician if you feel itching or any symptom after applying an expired medicine.
An expired drug might not be as potent in treating your condition. It is advisable to refrain from using expired drug.
What happens if I miss a dose of Mupinase?
If you forget to use Mupinase apply it as soon as you remember then continue as before.
Do not apply extra Mupinase to make up for missed doses.