Table of Contents
- 1 What is Nagkesar?
- 2 Medicinal Properties of Nagkesar
- 3 Therapeutic Indications of Nagkesar
- 4 Dosage of Nagkesar
- 5 Health Benefits of Nagkesar
- 6 Nagkesar as an Ayurvedic Medicine
- 7 Side Effects of Nagkesar
- 8 Buyer’s Guide: Price and Where to Buy
- 9 Our Take on Nagkesar
- 10 Important Questions Asked About Nagkesar
1What is Nagkesar?
Nagkesar or Mesua ferrea is an evergreen tree that grows in the tropical regions of Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and India. Known as the Steel Wood tree, it has the hardest bark of all trees in the world. The Nagkesar tree belongs to the Calophyllaceae family. Nagkesar contains sitosterol, fatty acids, Mensuol, cyclohexadiene, and acids. Different parts of the tree, including leaves, flowers and seed oil are used for different medicinal purposes. Nagkesar helps heal disorders such as Asthma, cough, bleeding disorders, etc., while also promoting digestion.
Check out Hindi translation of this article - Nagkesar in Hindi