Table of Contents
- 1 What is Naprosyn?
- 2 Uses of Naprosyn
- 3 How Does Naprosyn Work?
- 4 How to Take Naprosyn?
- 5 Naprosyn Price in India
- 6 Common Dosage for Naprosyn
- 7 Precautions – When to Avoid Naprosyn?
- 8 Side-Effects of Naprosyn
- 9 Effects of Naprosyn on Organs
- 10 Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- 11 Effects/Results after Consuming Naprosyn
- 12 Storage Requirements about Naprosyn
- 13 Pro Tips When Taking Naprosyn
- 14 FAQs – Things to Know About Naprosyn
- 15 Is Naprosyn addictive?
- 16 Can I have Naprosyn with alcohol?
- 17 Any particular food item to be avoided?
- 18 Can I have Naprosyn when pregnant?
- 19 Can I have Naprosyn when feeding a baby?
- 20 Can I drive after taking Naprosyn?
- 21 What happens if I overdose on Naprosyn?
- 22 What happens if I eat expired Naprosyn?
- 23 What happens if I miss a dose of Naprosyn?
- 24 When Was Naprosyn Made?
Naprosyn Composition – Naproxen 250 MG
Manufactured By – Rpg Lifesciences Ltd
Prescription – Prescription Required
Form – Tablet
Price – Rs 27.1
Quantity – 15 tablets in 1 strip
What is Naprosyn?
The other trade names of Naprosyn are Anaprox, Aleve, Flanax, etc. It is a Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAI) Of Propionic Acid Class. Naprosyn is used as a common medications for pain, fever, swelling or stiffness. It is usually sold as a sodium salt in the form of nonselective COX inhibitor.
Manufactured By – RPG Life Sciences Ltd
Buy & Get Minimum 20% Discount: 1Mg Discount Code | Medlife India
Uses of Naprosyn
- Naprosyn is used to treat various pains including a headache, swelling, dental pain, etc.
- The pain caused by swelling and stiffness due to conditions such as arthritis can also be reduced by this drug.
- Naprosyn is also used to treat gout disorder.
Also Read: Paroxetine Uses | Percocet Uses
How Does Naprosyn Work?
As Naprosyn is an Antidepressant, it enhances the activity of neurotransmitters such as noradrenaline and serotonin which acts as chemical messengers between nerve cells. As they are bound to the nerve cells of the brain, they would no longer have an effect on our mood.
How to Take Naprosyn?
- Swallow the tablet wholly.
- Do not crush, chew or break it.
- It can be taken with or without food.
- Naprosyn is recommended for 3 times a day for about maximum three days.
Naprosyn Price in India
|Naprosyn (Volume of 10)||Rs 18.00|
Common Dosage for Naprosyn
- The dosage is different for different conditions. So it is safe to consult the doctor before taking the dosage.
- For the first time, Naprosyn is recommended as a double dosage.
- For gout, the dosage is about 750mg for the first time and then it is reduced to 250 mg which can be taken for 3 times a day for about three days.
Precautions – When to Avoid Naprosyn?
While taking Naprosyn you should follow the following steps:
- Don’t delay or miss a scheduled meal or snack
- Don’t take Naprosyn along with other certain medications.
- Avoid consuming alcohol for initial days while taking this drug.
Side-Effects of Naprosyn
Some common side effects of Naprosyn are:
- Upset stomach
- Heart burn
- Ringing in the ear
- Dark urine
- Skin or eyes yellowing
- Allergic reactions like rashness, itching, swelling, trouble breathing
Other medicine's Side Effect: Naloxone Side Effect
Effects of Naprosyn on Organs
These NSAI drugs have the capacity to elevate liver enzymes and induce liver disease. It may result in hepatic damage.
Drug Interactions to be Careful About
Drugs which cause serious effects while interacting with Naprosyn are Lisinopril which reduces the effect of Lisinopril of reducing the blood sugar level and also causes kidney failure. The other medications which should be avoided while taking this drug are Alvin, Aspirin, Cymbalta, etc.
Effects/Results after Consuming Naprosyn
Naprosyn will show its effect within 1 to 2 weeks but you should follow this medication for 4 to 5 months for full recovery.
Storage Requirements about Naprosyn
Naprosyn can be stored in a closed container at room temperature away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
Pro Tips When Taking Naprosyn
- Naprosyn should be taken in the prescribed dosage and one must only increase the dosage when the physician prescribed it.
- Do not abruptly stop taking Naprosyn as it may cause negative effects on the body.
- Avoid alcohol and certain recommended foods while taking this drug.
FAQs – Things to Know About Naprosyn
Is Naprosyn addictive?
Can I have Naprosyn with alcohol?
No. Having Naprosyn with alcohol will increase stomach bleeding.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
Avoid food items which are recommended by your doctor along with green leafy vegetables, grapefruits, etc.
Can I have Naprosyn when pregnant?
You can take advice from your doctor though it is not much recommended during pregnancy.
Can I have Naprosyn when feeding a baby?
Taking Naprosyn while breastfeeding can cause negative effects on infants and in
Can I drive after taking Naprosyn?
No. You may feel drowsy or dizzy after taking Naprosyn.
What happens if I overdose on Naprosyn?
It would cause dizziness, drowsiness and stomach pain.
What happens if I eat expired Naprosyn?
It will not be effective but take advice from your doctor immediately.
What happens if I miss a dose of Naprosyn?
If you miss a dose of Naprosyn take it as soon as you remember it within the next 12 hours. If you don’t, then just go back to your regular dosage.
When Was Naprosyn Made?
Naprosyn was made in the year 1976.
Also read about other medicine's: Nifedipine | Nortriptyline | Oxycodone