If you go back in time, Neem leaves were the unmatched remedy for every skin and hair problem. Irrespective of the advancement, neem still holds an important place in health and medicine arena.
Pollution and environmental factors damage the skin quality of your face. There are many proven benefits of Neem oil that help you get rid of skin irritants coming in the way of your beautiful skin.
Check Out: Benefits of Almond Oil For Face
What is Neem oil?
Neem oil is extracted from the seed of the tropical Neem tree called as Azadirachta Indica or Indian Lilac. It is light, non-greasy and has a long shelf life. Rich vitamins and minerals in Neem oil removes blemishes and scars from your face. Neem oil can provide flawless skin that you have always dreamed of.
Read More: Benefits of Argan Oil For Face
Natural characteristics of Neem oil
- It is rich in Vitamins (C, E)
- It contains minerals (calcium, phosphorous, etc.)
- It has rare fatty acids like Omega-6, Omega-3, and Omega-9
- Anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties
- Natural moisturizer
- Anti-fungal and anti-viral properties
- Anti-oxidant properties
- Natural Astringent
- Anti-pyretic and anti-histamine properties
Know More: Benefits of Castor Oil For Face
Benefits Of Neem Oil For Face
Regular usage of chemical products tends to degrade the skin quality. Neem oil has remarkable benefits in improving the skin quality of your face. It can cure blemishes, dark spots, dark circles under your eye, acne, burns, and much more. Let’s take a look on the remarkable benefits of Neem oil for face.
Learn More: Benefits of Coconut Oil For Face
On this page:
Removes Wrinkles And Fine Lines
Neem oil contains cell regeneration properties that fight the pathogens below the surface of the skin. The immune-boosting compounds prevent wrinkles on your face. Neem oil reduces the effect of ageing. Regular use of Neem oil will reduce fine lines from your face.
The essential fatty acids seep down in your skin and heal the cracks caused by dryness. It traps moisture between the layers of the skin and keeps your skin hydrated. Neem oil enriches your skin with vitamin and minerals.
Also Read: Benefits of Jojoba Oil For Face
The anti-inflammatory properties remove the acne-causing bacteria from your skin. Fatty acids in Neem oil help reduce the stubborn acne scars on your face. That’s not all, it removes the redness and restores healthy glowing skin. Know more about the benefits of Neem oil for acne
Treats Skin Disorders
Skin disorders like Eczema and Psoriasis cause redness and irritation on your face. Vitamin E soothes the itchiness of your skin. Apply few drops of Neem oil after washing your face with warm water. Use it for at least a month for better results.
Check Out: Benefits of Neem Oil for your skin
Goodbye Whiteheads And Blackheads
Regular use of Neem oil prevents the occurrence of whiteheads and blackheads. Use 2-3 drops of Neem oil in your regular moisturizer for best results. Do not apply Neem oil directly on your blackheads. You may mix it with your face pack.
Read About: Benefits of Olive Oil For Face
How To Apply Neem Oil To Your Face?
- Wash your face with warm water
- Clean your face with a cleansing agent
- Pat your face dry with a soft towel
- Take few drops of Neem oil
- Mix it with your moisturizer (or face pack)
- Apply on your face
- Leave it for the night (only 20 minutes for face pack)
Know More About: How to apply Neem Oil
Side Effects And Precautions
Neem oil has no side effects on your skin. Yet, do no use Neem oil if you had surgery recently as it hinders blood sugar control. Avoid applying Neem oil before 2 weeks of surgery.
Also Read: Benefits of Neem Oil for your hair growth
Related Interesting Stories
- Benefits of Castor Oil For Eyebrows
- Benefits of Castor Oil For Eyes
- Benefits of Olive Oil For Body
- Benefit of Tea Tree For Pimples
FAQS-Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What are some natural remedies for seborrheic dermatitis?
Natural Remedies include:
- Apple Cider Vinegar – Malic acid present in Apple Cider vinegar makes it an effective skin toning agent and can be used as a home remedy for seborrheic dermatitis.
- Coconut Oil – It has anti-bacterial, anti-fungal properties which help in preventing the disease.
- Aloe vera – It stimulates the immune system and has antibacterial and nati-fungal properties.
Q. Can I put neem oil directly on my face?
Neem oil is rich in minerals, Vitamins, Anti-bacterial, Anti-inflammatory properties and a natural moisturizer which helps to remove wrinkles, Fights acne and treats other skin disorders. It can be put directly on the face for glowing skin.
Q. Is Neem oil good for pimples?
The anti-inflammatory properties remove the pimple-causing bacteria from your skin. Fatty acids in Neem oil help reduce the stubborn pimple scars on your face.
Q. Can neem oil lighten skin?
Neem oil can remove acne scars and lighten skin. Its anti-inflammatory properties fight acne, remove wrinkles and treat other skin disorders and make your skin glowing.