Table of Contents
- 1 What Is Neem Oil?
- 2 Natural Characteristics of Neem Oil
- 3 Benefits of Neem Oil for Hair
- 4 How To Apply Neem Oil for Hair
- 5 Side Effects And Precautions
- 6 Similar Stories That Will Interest You
Our hair requires a lot of care to stay healthy. No matter what you do, strands fall off as you comb your hair. There are many home remedies, trips and tricks that can help.
Neem oil is the perfect remedy to treat all your hair problems. It is easy to implement and not time-consuming. You owe your hair at least 15-20 minutes twice a week. Here’s how you can make your hair shinier, silkier and stronger.
What Is Neem Oil?
Neem oil is an extraction from the seeds of a tropical Neem tree. Its scientific name is Azadirachta Indica or Indian Lilac. This light and non-greasy oil have the cure to your every hair problem. It is bitter in taste and has a pungent sulphur-like smell.
Natural Characteristics of Neem Oil
- Anti-inflammatory and Anti-bacterial properties
- Anti-fungal properties
- Antipyretic and Antiseptic properties
- It is rich in Vitamins (C, E)
- It contains minerals like calcium, phosphorous, etc
- It has essential fatty acids like Omega-3, Omega-9, and Omega-6
- Natural moisturizer
- Anti-oxidant properties
You Should Read: Benefits of Neem Oil
Benefits of Neem Oil for Hair
From hair growth to dandruff, Neem oil has the perfect cure for your scalp and hair issues. Neem contains 35 key ingredients and has medicinal values that make improve your hair health over time.
Promotes Hair Growth
Neem oil has powerful regenerative properties that promote healthy hair growth. Anti-fungal property of Neem oil makes your hair free from scalp related problems. Mix Neem oil with any carrier oil (Coconut oil) and apply it to your hair and scalp. Make your way to the hair tips. Massage twice a week.
Know More: How to Stop Hair Fall
Goodbye Split Ends
Do you wish to remove split ends from your hair? Apply Neem oil twice a week on your scalp. Leave it overnight and shampoo your hair the next morning. You may mix it with any carrier oil of your choice. The essential vitamins and minerals strengthen your hair follicles
Smooth And Shiny Hair
Neem oil has essential fatty acids and triglycerides that brings back shine to your hair. For smooth and shiny hair, mix Neem oil to your shampoo. Apply shampoo on your hair and leave it for 5 minutes. Rinse your hair with warm water.
Neem oil has anti- bacterial properties that fights off the dandruff in your hair. Apply Neem oil twice a week on your scalp and hair. A good head massage would be the perfect remedy for blood circulation. You may add 2-3 drops of Neem oil in your regular oil.
Also See: Reasons For Hair Fall
Relieves Eczema And Dermatitis Symptoms
Eczema causes itching and dryness of the scalp. Neem oil nourishes the hair with essential nutrients that relieves itchiness. Oil your hair with Neem oil and leave it overnight. Massage your hair from roots to the tips for best results. Shampoo your hair the next morning.
Acts As A Hair-Conditioner
Do you have dry and under-nourished hair? The fatty acids present in Neem oil nourishes and moisturizes your hair from scalp to the tips. Condition your hair with Neem oil twice a week. Take 4-5 drops of Neem oil and mix it with coconut oil. Massage your scalp with the mixture.
Check Out: Benefits of Neem Oil For Your Skin
How To Apply Neem Oil for Hair
There are two methods of oiling your hair with Neem oil.
- Overnight oiling
- Oiling and shampooing
Before applying Neem oil in your hair, you should know how much of it can you use safely. Read about the dosage of Neem Oil and also learn about its benefits and side effects.
- First, dampen your hair so it absorbs the moisture along with the oil
- Make sure to comb your hair so it doesn’t break or tangle when you massage your hair
- Start massaging your head with your fingertips
- Take the oil in your hand and make your way to the tips
- Comb again with the broad side of the comb to evenly spread out the oil
- Leave your hair oiled overnight
- Shampoo the next day
Oiling and Shampooing
- Oil your hair an hour before bathing
- Soak your towel in warm water
- Wrap your hair around the soaked towel
- Wait for 2-3 minutes
- Repeat the procedure 2-3 times
- Shampoo your hair
Also Read: How to use Neem Oil
Side Effects And Precautions
Neem oil is 100% natural and it has no side effects as such. Remember, if you have sensitive skin then you may apply little amount of Neem oil at a time. You may mix it with a carrier oil and apply twice a week.
Learn More About: Benefits of Neem Oil for Acne
Similar Stories That Will Interest You
- Loreal Shampoo For Hair Fall
- Matrix Shampoo For Hair Fall
- Tresemme Shampoo For Hair Fall
- How To Treat Damaged Hair