Table of Contents
- 1 What is Nervact Plus?
- 2 Uses of Nervact Plus
- 3 How Does Nervact Plus Work?
- 4 How to Take Nervact Plus?
- 5 Common Dosage for Nervact Plus
- 6 When to Avoid Nervact Plus?
- 7 Precautions While Taking Nervact Plus
- 8 Side-Effects of Nervact Plus
- 9 Drug Interactions With Nervact Plus to be Careful About
- 10 Nervact Plus Composition, Variant and Price – Buyer’s Guide
- 11 Substitutes of Nervact Plus
- 12 FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about Nervact Plus
- 13 Similar Reads:
What is Nervact Plus?
Nervact Plus is a multi-vitamin and multi-mineral oral supplement used predominantly for the treatment of neuropathies (diseases of nerve). It is available as an over the counter drug but it is always better to use it under medical supervision as advised as it may lead to adverse effects like nausea, vomiting, stomach ache etc.
Composition –Mecobalmin (Vitamin B12) – 1500mcg, Folic acid (Vitamin B9) – 1.5mg, Alpha lipoic acid – 200mg, Inositol – 100mg, Chromium picolinate – 200mcg, Seleno methionine – 55mcg, Zinc monomethionine – 25mg
Manufactured By – Sifco Pharma
Prescription– Available as OTC
Form – Tablet (most commonly consumed form)
Price – Rs. 150
Type of Drug –Multivitamin, Multimineral
Uses of Nervact Plus
It is used as a nutritional supplement in various cases of vitamin and mineral deficiency or in cases where there are increased requirement of above mentioned ingredients. Nervact Plus can be used in treatment or prevention of following diseases or symptoms:
- Megaloblastic anaemia(Some people can’t absorb enough vitamin B-12from their food, leading to megaloblastic anemia)
- Diabetic neuropathy (Vit B12 helps in protecting the integrity of nerve cells and encourages their normal growth)
- Peripheral neuropathy (Vit B12 helps in protecting the integrity of nerve cells and encourages their normal growth)
- Alcoholic neuropathy (Vit B12 helps in protecting the integrity of nerve cells and encourages their normal growth)
- Permanent nerve damage (Vit B12 helps in protecting the integrity of nerve cells and encourages their normal growth)
- Poor diet or poor absorption of food
- Diabetes (to protect against diabetes induced neuropathy and Chromium is required for normal functioning of insulin hormones which maintains blood sugar)
- High cholesterol (Selenium and alpha lipoic acid are antioxidants)
- Selenium deficiency
Read more: Noworm Plus Uses | Onestone Uses
How Does Nervact Plus Work?
- Vitamin B12, the primary ingredient of Nervact Plus is necessary for production and maturation of red blood cells. It also helps in protecting the integrity of nerve cells and encourages their normal growth.
- Thus lack of Vitamin B12 can cause anaemia (due to lack of/defective RBC production and maturation) and neuropathy (nerve damage).
- Folic acid is important for regulating body functions and lack of folic acid can lead to anaemia in adults and developmental deformities in infants born to mothers with deficiency of folic acid.
- Alpha lipoic acid is an anti-oxidant which prevents damage to body cells by oxidative stress.
- Zinc is essential for normal growth of tissues and repairs damaged tissues while inositol maintains chemical balance of the body.
- Chromium is required for normal functioning of insulin hormones which maintains blood sugar.
- Selenium is an important anti-oxidant which protects the body against oxidative stress and ageing.
How to Take Nervact Plus?
- Available in tablet form, the dose and duration of use of Nervact Plus should be based on doctor’s instructions.
- Swallow the tablet as a whole and do not chew or crush it.
- When taken in oral form, it can be taken with or without food. For patients with gastric problems, it is better to take it with food or immediately after food.
Common Dosage for Nervact Plus
The drug dosage is decided by the physician based upon:
- Health status/medical condition of the patient
- Severity of symptoms
- Reaction to the first dose
- History of allergy/drug reactions
- Nervact Plus tablet are nutritional supplements which should be taken at a fixed time every day.
- Adult dose: One tablet once or twice a day or as instructed by the doctor
Q. What happens if I overdose on Nervact Plus?
Nervact Plus should not be administered in more than prescribed dose. Taking increased dose will not improve your symptoms earlier; rather it may cause serious side-effects. In case of over dosage, consult your doctor immediately.
Q. What happens if I miss a dose of Nervact Plus?
The potency of the medicine may decrease because for effective working of the drug, a certain amount of drug must be present in your body at all times. Always consume the missed dose as soon as you remember. But, if it’s already time for the next dose – do not double the dose.
Q. What happens if I eat expired Nervact Plus?
The medicine may not work as well as the potency of the medicine gets affected. Please inform your physician regarding the same. To be on the safer side, always check and never use an expired drug.
Q. What is the onset time of Nervact Plus?
You should start to feel recovered within one week to three months following treatment with Nervact Plus tablets.
Q. Till When Does The Effect of Nervact Plus Stay?
Nervact Plus is a nutritional supplement which is used as an adjunct to the main therapy. The effect of Nervact Plus cannot be predicted.
When to Avoid Nervact Plus?
Do not Consume Nervact Plus Tablets in the following scenarios:
- Allergy – if the patient is allergic to any of the components present in Nervact Plus.
- Liver Disease – Patients with severe liver disease must consult the physician before use.
- Kidney disease – Patients with severe kidney disease or on dialysis must consult the physician before use.
- Cardiac arrhythmias – Patients with problems related to heart rhythm must consult the physician before use.
- Breast feeding – Breast-feeding women must consult the physician before use of Nervact Plus.
Precautions While Taking Nervact Plus
It should not be administered in more than the prescribed dose as it may lead to adverse effects.
Read more: Mim Orange Precaution
Side-Effects of Nervact Plus
The side effects associated with Nervact Plus Tablets used for different treatments are:
- Nausea (common)
- Vomiting (common)
- Loss of appetite (common)
- Flatulence (common)
- Stomach ache (less common)
- Headache(less common)
- Vertigo(less common)
- Diarrhoea(less common)
- Bitterness of mouth(less common)
- Disturbed sleeping pattern (rare)
- Allergic reactions (rare)
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Nervact Plus?
Possible allergic reactions reported for Nervact Plus tablets are:
- Rash (common)
- Itching (common)
- Shortness of breath (less common)
- Swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat (rare)
- Loss of consciousness (rare)
What Are The Effects of Nervact Plus Tablets on Organs?
No adverse effects observed on any organ while taking Nervact Plus.
Drug Interactions With Nervact Plus to be Careful About
Drug interaction refers to effect of drugs on each other and on human body after ingestion. Large numbers of medicines have shown to interact with each other. Interactions are not just limited to drugs, but certain food items and some laboratory tests which should not be taken right after consuming Nervact Plus. We explore these in details below.
1. Food Interactions with Nervact Plus
No particular food item to be avoided apart from alcohol as it may cause liver damage
2. Medicines Interactions with Nervact Plus
It is always advised that the patient must inform the physician about all the drugs/over the counter products/vitamin supplements used.It may interact with the following drugs and products:
- Alcohol (mild)
- Carbamazepine (mild)
3. Effects of Nervact Plus on Lab Tests
No effect on any lab tests noted while taking Nervact Plus.
4. Nervact Plus’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
Patients suffering from pre-existing liver and kidney diseases must consult their physician before consuming Nervact Plus.
Q. Can I have Nervact Plus with alcohol?
Consumption of alcohol is not recommended when on Nervact Plus as it might increase the risk of side effects and may cause excessive drowsiness & calmness. Concomitant use of Alcohol with Nervact Plus can also inhibit the absorption of vitamin B12.
Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
No, Nervact Plus acts as a nutritional supplement. No alteration in its action seen with any food product.
Q. Can I have Nervact Plus when pregnant?
Nervact Plus can be used in pregnant patients under medical supervision if the benefits outweigh the risks involved. Always inform your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
Q. Can I have Nervact Plus when feeding a baby?
Nervact Plus should be used with caution while breast feeding as the effect of its constituents on quantity and quality of milk production is unknown.Discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor before consuming these tablets.
Q. Can I drive after taking Nervact Plus?
Nervact Plus doesn’t affect one’s ability to drive.However, if someone experiences side effects like headache or dizziness then it may not be advisable to drive a vehicle and operate heavy machinery while on this medication.
Nervact Plus Composition, Variant and Price – Buyer’s Guide
|Nervact Plus Variants||Nervact Plus Composition||Nervact Plus Price (Rs.)|
|NERVACT PLUS Tab||Methylcobalamin 1000 MCG+Niacinamide 100 MG+Pyridoxine 100 MG /ML||Rs. 150|
Save Using: Netmeds Coupons | Medlife Coupons | Pharmeasy Coupons
Substitutes of Nervact Plus
The following are alternative drugs for Nervact Plus:
- Vincomo Plus
- Manufactured by – Mas life science
- Price – Rs. 235
- Oxynerve plus
- Manufactured by – CentreCon Pharma
- Price – Rs. 187.5
- Dianuron Plus
- Manufactured by – JS Laboratories
Storage Requirements for Nervact Plus Tablets
- Storage at room temperature away from direct light and heat unless mentioned in the package insert.
- Keep medicines away from children and pets.
FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about Nervact Plus
Q. What is Nervact Plus?
Ans. Nervact Plus is a multi-vitamin and multi-mineral oral supplement used predominantly for the treatment of neuropathies (diseases of nerve). It is available as an over the counter drug but it is always better to use it under medical supervision as advised
Q. What are the uses of Nervact Plus?
Ans. It is used predominantly for the treatment of neuropathies
Q. What are the side effects of Nervact Plus?
Ans. The most common side effects of Nervact Plus are Nausea, Vomiting, Loss of appetite, Flatulence, Stomach ache, Headache, Vertigo, Diarrhoea, Bitterness of mouth, Disturbed sleeping pattern, Allergic reactions
Q. How effective is Nervact Plus?
Ans. Nervact Plus is effective due to its multi-mineral oral supplement properties. However as an Multi-vitamin , there are other medicines
Q. How long does it take for Nervact Plus to show results?
Ans. You should start to feel recovered within one week to three months following treatment with Nervact Plus tablets
Q. Should Nervact Plus be taken on an empty stomach?
Ans. Nervact Plus can be taken empty stomach as well as after food.
Q. Does Nervact Plus make you drowsy?
Ans.No. It does not make you drowsy.
Q. What should be the time gap between the intake of 2 Nervact Plus Tablets?
Ans. There should be a time gap of atleast 8-12 hours between the intakes of 2 Nervact Plus tablets.
Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
Ans. A complete course prescribed by your doctor must be taken for complete cessation of symptoms from your body.
Q. Does Nervact Plus effect my menstrual cycle?
Ans. No, Nervact Plus does not affect your menstrual cycle.
Q. Is Nervact Plus safe for children?
Ans. Nervact Plus is safe for consumption in children.
Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Nervact Plus?
Ans. Nervact Plus is commonly used for treatment of diabetic neuropathy however along with this; anti-diabetic medicine should also be simultaneously administered as it only helps in relieving the symptoms but doesn’t treat the underlying condition (diabetes).
Q. Is Nervact Plus legal in India?
Ans. Yes, it is legal and manufactured by Sanofi India Ltd.
Disclaimer – The information provided above is to the best of our research and knowledge. However, you are recommended to consult a physician before consuming the drug.