Table of Contents
- What is Neuragen Syrup?
- Uses of Neuragen Syrup
- How Does Neuragen Syrup Work?
- How to Take Neuragen Syrup ?
- Common Dosage for Neuragen Syrup
- When to Avoid Neuragen Syrup ?
- Precautions While Taking Neuragen Syrup
- Side-Effects of Neuragen Syrup
- Drug Interactions With Neuragen Syrup to be Careful About
- Neuragen Syrup Composition, Variant and Price – Buyer’s Guide
- Substitutes of Neuragen Syrup
- FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about Neuragen Syrup
- Similar Reads:
What is Neuragen Syrup?
Neuragen Syrup is a multi-mineral, multi-vitamin formulation which provides Iron, Vitamin B and other essential minerals required for overall health and well being. Neuragen Syrup can be used as an over the counter drug but it is always better to use it under medical supervision as advised as it may lead to adverse effects like nausea, diarrhoea etc.
Composition: Vitamin B2 – 1mg, Vitamin B6 – 0.75mg, Magnesium – 10mg, Ferrous Gluconate – 10mg, D-Panthenol – 2.5mg, Calcium Gluconate – 20mg, Manganese – 2mg, Niacinamide – 12.5mg, Vitamin B1 – 1mg, Zinc Sulphate – 10mg, L-Lysine – 100mg, Vitamin B12 – 0.5mcg
Manufactured by – Indo French Labs
Prescription– Prescription is required
Form – Syrup
Price – Rs 49.92
Type of Drug – Multivitamin, Multi-mineral
Uses of Neuragen Syrup
Neuragen Syrup is used as a nutritional supplement in various cases of deficiency of vitamins or in cases where there are increased requirement of above mentioned vitamins and minerals. It is commonly used in treatment or prevention of following diseases or symptoms:
- Patients with impaired dietary intake like severe alcoholics, elderly
- Patients with diabetes mellitus, those recovering from surgery
- Patients with fatigue, stress and anxiety (iron prevents fatigue by forming hemoglobin)
- As a supplement for growing children
- Micro nutritional deficiency in Pregnancy (iron, zinc, vitamin B complex)
- Paraesthesia (Vitamin B6 and B12 required for healthy functioning of nervous system)
- Neuralgia (Vitamin B6 and B12 required for healthy functioning of nervous system)
- To boost immunity (selenium acts as anti-oxidant whereas zinc boosts immunity)
- Muscle cramps
- Skin disorders
- Apthous ulcers
- Iron deficiency anemia
How Does Neuragen Syrup Work?
All the above mentioned ingredients of Neuragen Syrup are water soluble vitamins and essential minerals which are not present in significant amounts in our body stores, thus a regular and adequate uptake of these vitamins and minerals is necessary to undertake all the metabolic demands of the body.
How to Take Neuragen Syrup ?
- Neuragen Syrup can be taken with or without food or as advised but it is always advisable to take it at a fixed time.
- In order to measure the prescribed dose, a medication measuring device and not a household spoon should be used.
- Shake the bottle well before each use.
Common Dosage for Neuragen Syrup
- The drug dosage is decided by the physician based upon:
- Health status/medical condition of the patient
- Severity of symptoms
- Reaction to the first dose
- History of allergy/drug reactions
- Dosage in adults: 10ml twice a day and in children: 5ml twice a day.
Q. What happens if I overdose on Neuragen Syrup ?
Neuragen Syrup should not be administered in more than prescribed dose. Taking increased dose will not improve your symptoms earlier; rather it may cause some side effects. In case of over dosage, consult your doctor immediately.
Q. What happens if I miss a dose of Neuragen Syrup ?
The potency of the medicine may decrease because for effective working of the drug, a certain amount of drug must be present in your body at all times. Always consume the missed dose as soon as you remember. But, if it’s already time for the next dose – do not double the dose.
Q. What happens if I eat expired Neuragen Syrup ?
The medicine may not work as well as the potency of the medicine gets affected. Please inform your physician regarding the same. To be on the safer side, always check and never use an expired medicine.
Q. What is the onset time of Neuragen Syrup ?
You should start to feel recovered within one day to one week following treatment with Neuragen Syrup. If no improvement is observed within 7 days, consult your doctor.
Q. Till When Does The Effect of Neuragen Syrup Stay?
The duration of time for which the medicine remains effective is not clinically established.
When to Avoid Neuragen Syrup ?
Neuragen Syrup should not be used in the following conditions:
- Allergy – if the patient is allergic to any of the components present in Neuragen Syrup.
- Liver Disease – Patients with severe liver disease must consult the physician before use.
- Kidney disease – Patients with severe kidney disease or on dialysis must consult the physician before use.
Precautions While Taking Neuragen Syrup
Inform your doctor about all the current list of medicines, over the counter products, allergies and pre-existing health conditions before you start taking Neuragen Syrup.
Read more: Neosporin Precaution
Side-Effects of Neuragen Syrup
The side effects associated with Neuragen Syrup used for different treatments are:
- Diarrhea (common)
- Drowsiness (less common)
- Nausea (less common)
- Restlessness (less common)
- Headache (less common)
- Itching of skin (less common)
- Allergic reactions (rare)
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Neuragen Syrup ?
Possible allergic reactions reported for Neuragen Syrup are:
- Rash (common)
- Itching (common)
- Shortness of breath (less common)
- Swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat (rare)
- Loss of consciousness (rare)
What Are The Effects of Neuragen Syrup on Organs?
Patients with pre-existing liver and kidney disease should use it with caution. Dose adjustment might be needed in such cases.
Drug Interactions With Neuragen Syrup to be Careful About
Drug interaction refers to effect of drugs on each other and on human body after ingestion. Large numbers of medicines have shown to interact with each other. Interactions are not just limited to drugs, but certain food items and some laboratory tests which should not be taken right after consuming Neuragen Syrup. We explore these in details below.
1. Food Interactions with Neuragen Syrup
No interactions observed with any food products.
2. Medicines Interactions with Neuragen Syrup
It is always advised that the patient must inform the physician about all the drugs/over the counter products/vitamin supplements used. It may interact with large number of medicines. Few important ones include:
- Tricyclic antidepressants (mild)
- Neomycin (moderate)
- Allopurinol (moderate)
- Cimetidine (moderate)
- Arsenic trioxide (moderate)
3. Effects of Neuragen Syrup on Lab Tests
No effect on any lab tests noted while taking Neuragen Syrup.
4. Neuragen Syrup’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
Patients suffering from pre-existing liver and kidney diseases must consult their physician before consuming Neuragen Syrup.
Q. Can I have Neuragen Syrup with alcohol?
Interaction of Neuragen Syrup with alcohol is unknown.
Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
Neuragen Syrup acts as a nutritional supplement. No alteration in its action seen with any food product.
Q. Can I have Neuragen Syrup when pregnant?
Neuragen Syrup should be used with caution in pregnant ladies. Always consult your doctor first. Always inform your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
Q. Can I have Neuragen Syrup when feeding a baby?
There is no evidence as whether ingredients of Neuragen Syrup are excreted in human breast milk or not thus it should be used with caution in lactating mothers.
Q. Can I drive after taking Neuragen Syrup ?
If one experiences side effects like drowsiness, headache or dizziness then it may not be advisable to drive a vehicle and operate heavy machinery while on this medication.
Read more: Nervact Plus Side Effects | Noworm Plus Side Effects
Neuragen Syrup Composition, Variant and Price – Buyer’s Guide
|Neuragen Syrup Variants||Neuragen Syrup Composition||Neuragen Syrup Price (Rs.)|
|Neuragen Syrup||Calcium Gluconate||Rs. 49.92|
Save Using: Myra Medicines Coupons | 1mg Coupons | Practo Coupons
Substitutes of Neuragen Syrup
The following are alternative drugs for Neuragen Syrup:
- Manufactured by – Guardian pharmacy
- MIM orange syrup
- Manufactured by – Meyer
- Price – Rs. 124
Storage Requirements for Neuragen Syrup
- Storage at room temperature away from direct light and heat unless mentioned in the package insert.
- Keep medicines away from children and pets.
FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about Neuragen Syrup
Q. What is Neuragen Syrup ?
Ans. Neuragen Syrup is a multi-mineral, multi-vitamin formulation which provides Iron, Vitamin B and other essential minerals required for overall health and well being. Neuragen Syrup can be used as an over the counter drug but it is always better to use it under medical supervision as advised as it may lead to adverse effects like nausea, diarrhoea etc.
Q. What are the uses of Neuragen Syrup ?
Ans. It provides Iron, Vitamin B and other essential minerals required for overall health and well being.
Q. What are the side effects of Neuragen Syrup ?
Ans. The most common side effects of Neuragen Syrup are Diarrhea, Drowsiness, Nausea, Restlessness, Headache, Itching of skin, Allergic reactions
Q. How effective is Neuragen Syrup ?
Ans. It is effective due to its multi-mineral, multi-vitamin formulation properties. However, there are other medicines which perform better
Q. How long does it take for Neuragen Syrup to show results?
Ans. You should start to feel recovered within one day to one week following treatment with Neuragen Syrup. If no improvement is observed within 7 days, consult your doctor.
Q. Should Neuragen Syrup be taken on an empty stomach?
Ans. Neuragen Syrup can be taken empty stomach as well as after food.
Q. Does Neuragen Syrup make you drowsy?
Ans. Neuragen Syrup can make you drowsy.
Q. What should be the time gap between the intake of 2 Neuragen Syrup ?
Ans. Neuragen Syrup is usually administered after a gap of 8-12 hours after the first dose.
Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
Ans. A complete course prescribed by your doctor must be taken for complete cessation of symptoms from your body.
Q. Does Neuragen Syrup effect my menstrual cycle?
Ans. No, Neuragen Syrup does not affect your menstrual cycle.
Q. Is Neuragen Syrup safe for children?
Ans. Neuragen Syrup is safe for consumption in children above 12 years of age. Children below 12 years should use it with caution.
Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Neuragen Syrup ?
Ans. Patients with history of allergic reaction to any of the ingredients of Neuragen Syrup should use it with caution.
Q. Is Neuragen Syrup legal in India?
Ans. Yes, it is legal.
Disclaimer – The information provided above is to the best of our research and knowledge. However, you are recommended to consult a physician before consuming the drug.