Table of Contents
- What is Neurobion?
- Uses of Neurobion
- How does Neurobion work?
- How to take Neurobion?
- Common Dosage for Neurobion
- When to Avoid Neurobion?
- Precautions While Taking Neurobion
- Side-Effects of Neurobion
- Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- Buyer’s Guide – Neurobion Composition, Variant and Price
- Substitutes of Neurobion
- FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about Neurobion
- Authored By –
1What is Neurobion?
- Used basically to prevent and treat conditions like anemia (various types), and other vitamin deficiencies.
- Chest pain and bloating are the major side effects seen at high repetitive doses.
- It should be totally avoided in patients with liver or renal impairment and heart diseases.
Neurobion Composition: Vitamin B1 100mg + Vitamin B6 200mg + Vitamin B12 200mcg.
Manufactured By: Merck Ltd.
Prescription: Not required as it is available as OTC (over the counter drug)
Form: Capsules, Injections and Tablets
Price: Rs. 94.82 for 10 tablets.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Multivitamin
2Uses of Neurobion
Neurobion is used to prevent or treat following conditions:
- Pregnancy: Used to meet the increased nutritional demand of the body during pregnancy.
- Neuropathies: Used to treat nerve disorders like Diabetic neuropathy, Peripheral neuropathy and alcoholic neuropathy.
- Neuralgia: Used to treat various kind of neuralgia (pain due to nerve damage),like Trigeminal neuralgia.
- Permanent nerve damage: Used to treat permanent nerve damage.
- Mental disorders: Used in cases to treat mental disorders.
- Cholesterol: Used in cases of high cholesterol problems.
- Heart diseases: Used in cases of cardiovascular diseases.
- Alzheimer’s disease: Used to manage conditions like Alzheimer’s disease.
- Hair fall: Used to treat hair fall and other conditions like graying of hair.
- Anaemia: Used to treat different types of anemia like Pernicious (Vitamin B12 deficiency).
- Immunity booster: Used as immunity booster as it contains Vitamin B complex.
Also Read: Meftal Uses | Methycobal Uses | Myospaz Uses
3How does Neurobion work?
- Neurobion contains multiple vitamins as its active ingredient.
- Vitamin B complex acts as a cofactor of various enzymes in the body which helps to regulate fat, protein and carbohydrate metabolism.
- Vitamin B12, being the primary constituent of Nurokind Plus capsules is essential for brain functioning & for production and maturation of red blood cells. It also helps in protecting nerve cells integrity and encourages their normal growth.
- Vitamin B12 deficiency leads to anaemia (due to lack of/defective RBC production and maturation) and neuropathies (nerve damage).
- Neurobion helps the body by providing the adequate amount of vitamins needed by the body, especially in cases of vitamin deficient conditions.
4How to take Neurobion?
- Neurobion is present in the form of tablets.
- Neurobion tablet can be taken by mouth with a glass of water preferably after food for better drug absorption and to avoid stomach upset.
- Avoid consuming Neurobion empty stomach unless advised by the doctor as it may lead to stomach distress.
- Neurobion tablet should never be chewed or crushed. It should be swallowed as a whole.
- It is advisable to go through the pack insert properly before consuming the drug to have a better understanding of the drug.
5Common Dosage for Neurobion
- Neurobion dosage can be decided by the doctor for every individual as per Age, Weight, Mental status, Allergic history and Health status of the patient.
- Common Adult dose of Neurobion tablet is a single tablet 1-3 times a day or single capsule twice a day depending on the condition being treated or as prescribed by the physician.
- Equally spaced time interval should be maintained between two doses of the drug.
- Dose alteration and prolonged use should be avoided without proper medical consultation.
- Pediatrician should be consulted when administering pediatric dose as it is usually not recommended for children.
Q. What happens if I overdose on Neurobion?
Neurobion should be consumed strictly as prescribed by the doctor. Dose alteration and overdose can lead to increased risk of side effects. In case of any symptoms of overdose, immediate medical help should be taken.
Q. What happens if I miss a dose of Neurobion?
Dose prescribed by the doctor should never be missed and if missed, it should be consumed always as soon as you remember it. But, avoid taking a double dose if it’s already time for the second dose after that as it may lead to overdose of the drug
Q. What happens if I eat expired Neurobion?
Expired Neurobion might not exhibit effects or any undesirable effects. However, one should abstain from consuming expired drug.
Always check the expiry date of the drug before consuming it.
Q. What is the onset time of Neurobion?
One may start to feel recovered within few days of treatment.
Q. Till when does the effect of Neurobion stay?
- Although, the time taken by the drug to show its effect may vary with every individual patient.
- One should consult the doctor in case of no relief from symptoms even after consuming the drug properly
6When to Avoid Neurobion?
Do not Consume Neurobion if:
- Allergy: In cases of patient allergic to the drug or its component.
- Liver impairment: In cases of liver impairment or disease.
- Kidney Disease: In cases of moderate to severe renal impairment or disease.
- Intolerance: In cases of patients with intolerance towards the drug.
- Cardiac Arrhythmias: In cases of patient with cardiac arrhythmias and acute myocardial infarction.
- Gastric ulcer: In cases of patients with gastric ulcer and atrophic gastritis.
7Precautions While Taking Neurobion
- Time interval: Always maintain equally spaced time interval between two doses.
- Pregnancy: Try to avoid or use extra caution while using the drug in pregnant women as it is not considered safe for pregnant women.
Warnings When Taking Neurobion
- The doctor should always be notified in cases of allergy to Neurobion.
- Extra caution should be used while using the drug in cases of liver and kidney impairment.
8Side-Effects of Neurobion
The side effects associated with Neurobion are:
- Vomiting (common)
- Nausea (common)
- Stomachache (common)
- Skin rashes (less common)
- Rashes (common)
- Diarrhoea (less common)
- Chest pain (common)
- Bloating (less common)
- Allergic reactions (less common)
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Neurobion?
- Neurobion is known to cause allergic reaction with symptoms like rashes, breathing difficulty, swelling of face, lip and throat.
- In case of any such signs, immediate medical help should be taken.
What are the effects of Neurobion on organs?
- Neurobion can affect liver and kidney functions.
- It is advisable to use Neurobion with caution in cases of patients with liver and kidney impairment.
- Dose modification may be required in such cases.
9Drug Interactions to be Careful About
It is always advisable to be careful of certain drug to drug or drug to food interactions when consuming Neurobion. Always be aware of the food items, other drugs or lab tests while consuming Neurobion. We explore these n details below.
1. Food Interactions with Combiflam
No particular food item to be avoided.
2. Medicines Interactions with Combiflam
All the potential drug interactions might not be listed here. It is always advisable that the patient must inform the physician about of all the drugs/products you use. You must notify the doctor about the herbal products that you are currently consuming. You should never alter the drug regimen without your doctor’s approval.
The common drug interactions have been noticed with the following drugs:
- Carbamazepine (mild)
- Abacavir (mild)
- Isoniazid (moderate)
- Hydralazine (mild)
- Anti diabetic (mild)
- Allopurinol (mild)
3. Effects of Combiflam on Lab Tests
Neurobion does affect certain tests. Therefore, some other test method should be used.
4. Combiflam’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
Any Liver or kidney diseases or allergic reaction.
Q. Can I have Neurobion with alcohol?
No, as consuming alcohol with Neurobion may cause interrupted uptake of Vitamin B12. The doctor should always be consulted before taking alcohol with Neurobion.
Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
No particular food item is to be avoided.
Q. Can I have Neurobion when pregnant?
Neurobion during pregnancy should be avoided unless advised by the doctor in cases of increased nutritional demand during pregnancy. The doctor should always be informed if you are pregnant or planning to conceive.
Q. Can I have Neurobion when feeding a baby?
Yes, lactating mothers can consume Neurobion but extra caution is advised. The doctor should always be informed in such cases.
Q. Can I drive after taking Neurobion?
Neurobion may cause low blood pressure and headache in few cases. Therefore, one should avoid driving or operating heavy machinery if any of these symptoms appears after taking Neurobion.
Also Read: Norflox Side Effect | Shelcal Side Effect
10Buyer’s Guide – Neurobion Composition, Variant and Price
|Neurobion Plus Tablet||Mecobalamin 750mcg + Niacinamide 45mg + Pyridoxine 1.5mg||Rs. 94.82 for 10 tablets.|
|Neurobion Plus 2ml Injection||Mecobalamin 1000mcg + Niacinamide 100mg + Pyridoxine 100mg||Rs. 100.70 for 5 units|
|Met Neurobion OD Capsule||Mecobalamin 1.5mg + Alpha lipoic acid 300mg||Rs. 178.75 for 10 capsules|
|Neurobion Forte RF 2ml Injection||Mecobalamin 1000mcg + Niacinamide 100mg + Pyridoxine 100mg||Rs. 12.34 for 1 unit|
|Met Neurobion P Capsule||Pregabalin 75mg + Mecobalamin 750mcg||Rs. 112.00 for 10 capsules|
Also Read: Stemetil Price | Zerodol P Price
11Substitutes of Neurobion
The following are alternative drugs for Neurobion:
- Neurovit Capsule: Manufactured by Wilshire Laboratories.
- Neuro Vita Capsule: Manufactured by Global Pharmaceuticals.
- Amrobion capsule: Manufactured by Ambros Pharmaceuticals.
- Vitrobion Capsule: Manufactured by Indus Pharma Pvt Ltd
Storage requirements for Neurobion
- Store the Neurobion tablet at room temperature away from direct heat or sunlight.
- Keep it at a place away from children’s reach.
12FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about Neurobion
Q. What is Neurobion?
Ans. Neurobion is a multiple component drug that contains multiple vitamins as its main active ingredient. Neurobion is synthetic form of vitamins that help to replenish the required nutritional demand of the body.
Q. How long does it take for Neurobion to show results?
Ans. The effects of Neurobion can be seen within few days of starting the drug therapy.
Q. Should Neurobion be taken on an empty stomach?
Ans. Neurobion shows best result when consumed after meal but it can be taken without food also but it should be avoided in cases of stomach problems.
Q. Does Neurobion make you drowsy?
Ans. No, Neurobion does not cause drowsiness but it varies with every individual.
Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Neurobion doses?
Ans. Ideal time gap of 4-6 hours should be there between two doses.
Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
Ans. Neurobion should be consumed as prescribed by the doctor and in case of any severity of symptoms, immediate medical help or consultation should be taken. The doctor should be the one to decide when and how to stop the cycle of Neurobion.
Q. Does Neurobion effect my menstrual cycle?
Ans. No, it generally doesn’t affect the menstrual cycle but one should always consult the doctor in case of pre existing menstrual problems before consuming the drug
Q. Is Neurobion safe for children?
Ans. Neurobion should not be administered in children without proper consultation and recommendation by the Paediatrician should be taken.
Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Neurobion?
Ans. Any allergic reactions, liver and kidney impairments are to be taken into consideration before taking Neurobion.
Q. Is Neurobion legal in India?
Ans. Yes, it is legal in India.
Similar Reads –
Disclaimer – The information provided above is to the best of our research and knowledge. However, you are recommended to consult a physician before consuming the drug.