Table of Contents
- What is Nexipride 25MG?
- Uses of Nexipride 25mg
- How does Nexipride 25mg work?
- How to take Nexipride 25mg?
- Nexipride 25mg Dosage
- When to Avoid Nexipride 25mg?
- Precautions While Taking Nexipride 25mg:
- Side-Effects of Nexipride 25mg:
- Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- Buyer’s Guide – Nexipride 25mg Composition, Variant and Price
- Substitutes of Nexipride 25mg
- FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about Nexipride
- Authored By –
1What is Nexipride 25MG?
It is mainly used to treat conditions like depression, anxiety, GERD (Gastro esophageal reflux disease) and irritable bowel syndrome. Appetite loss, weakness are the most commonly seen side effects with this drug. It should be totally avoided in case of liver, kidney or heart diseases, gastrointestinal perforation and pregnant or lactating women.
Nexipride 25mg Composition: Levosulpiride 25mg
Manufactured By: Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
Prescription: Required as it belongs to Schedule ‘H’ but also available as OTC
Form: Tablet and Injection.
Price: Rs. 75.00 for 10 tablets.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Atypical antipsychotic drugs.
2Uses of Nexipride 25mg
Nexipride 25mg is used to prevent or treat following conditions:
- GERD: Used to treat cases of patients with Gastro esophageal reflux disease (GERD) symptoms are heartburn and indigestion.
- IBS: Used to treat cases of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
- Anxiety: Used to treat cases of anxiety (anxiety disorder).
- BMS: Used to treat cases of Burning Mouth Syndrome (BMS).
- Depression: Used as an adjunct with the antidepressants.
- Premature Ejaculation: Used in cases of men suffering from premature ejaculation during intercourse.
- Vertigo: Used to manage cases of vertigo also.
- Schizophrenia: Used to treat cases of hallucinations, delusions (Schizophrenia).
3How does Nexipride 25mg work?
- Nexipride 25mg contains Levosulpiride as its main active ingredient.
- Nexipride 25mg acts selectively on dopamine receptors thus it acts by modulating action of these neurotransmitters in brain and specific region of stomach and intestine.
- Nexipride 25mg therefore helps to manage psychotic problems.
4How to take Nexipride 25mg?
- Nexipride 25mg is usually available in the form of tablets.
- Nexipride 25mg Tablet is taken by mouth with a glass of water preferably half an hour before food.
- Nexipride 25mg Tablet should never be chewed or crushed. It should be swallowed as a whole.
- Nexipride 25mg Tablet should be taken with equal time interval between two doses, if more than one dose a day is prescribed.
- It is advisable to go through the pack insert properly before consuming the drug to have a better understanding of the drug.
5Nexipride 25mg Dosage
- The dosage of the drug is to be decided by the doctor for every individual as per the age, weight, mental status, allergic history of the patient.
- Common Adult dose of Nexipride 25mg Tablet for dyspepsia and other gastrointestinal disorders is thrice daily.
- In elderly patients, dose reduction is mandatory and drug should be taken as advised by the doctor.
- It is recommended to take pediatric consultation before administering the drug to children.
- Dose alteration should be avoided without proper medical consultation.
Q. What happens if I overdose on Nexipride 25mg?
Overdose of Nexipride 25mg can cause undesirable effects like excessive drowsiness, fall in blood pressure and can also lead to complications in few cases. Therefore, strictly adhere to the prescribed dose and seek medical help immediately in case of any symptoms of overdose.
Q. What happens if I miss a dose of Nexipride 25mg?
Dose prescribed by the doctor should never be missed and if missed, it should be consumed always as soon as you remember it. But, avoid taking a double dose if it’s already time for the second dose after that as it may lead to overdose of the drug
Q. What happens if I eat expired Nexipride 25mg?
Consuming expired Nexipride 25mg tablet might not exhibit desirable effects or any side effects. However, one should abstain from consuming expired drug.
Q. Onset time of Nexipride 25mg?
The effect of Nexipride 25mg can be seen within 1-2 hours of administration of the drug.
Q. Till when does the effect of Nexipride 25mg stays?
Time taken by drug to show the desired effects may vary with every individual patient.
6When to Avoid Nexipride 25mg?
Do not Consume Nexipride 25mg if:
- Allergy: In cases of known allergy to Nexipride 25mg or any of its constituents.
- Kidney/liver impairment: In cases of patients with kidney/liver disease or impairment.
- Heart diseases: In cases of patients with heart patients.
- Prolactin imbalance: In cases of prolactin imbalance.
- Asthma: In cases of patients suffering from asthma.
- Perforation: In cases of gastrointestinal perforation.
- Pheochromocytoma: In known cases of Pheochromocytoma.
- Breast Cancer: In known cases of breast cancer.
- Epilepsy: In known cases of history of epilepsy.
7Precautions While Taking Nexipride 25mg:
- Pregnant women: Avoid consuming Nexipride 25mg in case you are pregnant as it is not safe.
- Kidney diseases: Dose alteration may be required by the physician in patients with kidney impairment.
- Lactating mothers: Avoid use of Nexipride 25mg in lactating women.
Warnings When Taking Nexipride 25mg
- Avoid the drugs direct exposure to sunlight as it may affect the composition of the drug.
- There should be equally spaced time interval between two doses.
- Consume plenty of fluids to counteract the potential undesirable effects of the drug.
- Patients may suffer postural hypotension.
8Side-Effects of Nexipride 25mg:
The side effects associated with Nexipride 25mg are:
- Drowsiness (common)
- Postural hypotension (common)
- Unusual tiredness and weakness (common)
- Dizziness (common)
- Irregular menstrual cycle (less common)
- Weight gain (common)
- Breast tenderness (less common)
- Constipation (common)
- Decreased libido (common)
- Gynecomastia (less common)
- Muscle rigidity and high fever (neuroleptic malignant syndrome) (less common)
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Nexipride 25mg?
- Nexipride 25mg is known to cause allergic reaction with symptoms like rashes, breathlessness, fall in blood pressure and loss of consciousness.
- In case of any such signs, immediate medical help should be taken.
What are the effects of Nexipride 25mg on organs?
- Nexipride 25mg should be used with caution in patients with liver/kidney impairment as it can affect the kidneys/liver.
9Drug Interactions to be Careful About
It is always advisable to be careful of certain drug to drug or drug to food interactions when consuming Nexipride 25mg. Always be aware of the food items, other drugs or lab tests while consuming Nexipride 25mg. We explore these n details below.
1. Food Interactions with Nexipride
No particular food item to be avoided.
2. Medicines Interactions with Nexipride
All the potential drug interactions might not be listed here. It is always advisable that the patient must inform the physician about of all the drugs/products you use. You must notify the doctor about the herbal products that you are currently consuming. You should never alter the drug regimen without your doctor’s approval.
The drug interactions have been noticed with the following drugs:
- Alcohol (moderate)
- Antacids (mild)
- Antihypertensive medication (severe)
- Levodopa (mild)
- Cisapride (moderate)
- Corticosteroids (mild)
- Furosemide (mild)
- Chloroquine (moderate)
3. Effects of Nexipride on Lab Tests
Nexipride 25mg does not affect any lab tests as such.
4. Nexipride’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
Any liver/kidney or heart diseas
Q. Can I have Nexipride 25mg with alcohol?
No, it is advisable to avoid alcohol consumption while on Nexipride 25mg therapy as it can causwe sleepiness. Therefore, the doctor should always be consulted before taking alcohol with Nexipride 25mg.
Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
No particular food item is to be avoided.
Q. Can I have Nexipride 25mg when pregnant?
No, it is not advisable to consume during pregnancy unless necessary. Always inform the doctor before taking Nexipride 25mg in cases of pregnancy or if you’re planning to conceive.
Q. Can I have Nexipride 25mg when feeding a baby?
No, it is not safe to administer Nexipride 25mg tablet to Lactating mothers as the secretion of the drug in human milk can harm the baby. The doctor should always be informed.
Q. Can I drive after taking Nexipride 25mg?
Nexipride 25mg tablet can cause dizziness or drowsiness in some cases. Therefore, one should avoid driving or operating heavy machinery if drowsiness or dizziness occurs.
10Buyer’s Guide – Nexipride 25mg Composition, Variant and Price
|Nexipride 50mg Tablet||Levosulpiride 50mg||Rs. 112 for 10 tablets|
|Nexipride 100mg Tablet||Levosulpiride 100mg||Rs. 190 for 10 tablets|
|Nexipride SR 200mg Tablet||Levosulpiride 200mg||Rs. 240 for 10 tablets|
|Nexipride 25 mg Injection||Levosulpiride 25mg||Rs. 59.00 for 1 pack|
11Substitutes of Nexipride 25mg
The following are alternative drugs for Nexipride 25mg:
- Levogold 25mg Tablet:
- Manufactured by Lupin Ltd.
- Price- Rs. 53
- Levanz 25mg Tablet:
- Manufactured by Saffron Therapeutics Pvt Ltd.
- Price- Rs. 75
- Levogold R Capsule:
- Manufactured by Lupin Ltd
- Price- Rs. 150
- Neopride 25mg Tablet:
- Manufactured by Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Price- Rs.
Storage requirements for Nexipride 25mg
- Store the Nexipride 25mg tablet at a dry place away from direct heat or sunlight at temperature below 30O
- Keep it at a place away from children’s reach.
12FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about Nexipride
Q. What is Nexipride 25mg?
Ans. Nexipride 25mg is antipsychotic, antidepressant, antiemetic in nature and is used mainly to treat conditions like gastro oesophageal reflux disease and depression.
Q. What are the uses of Nexipride ?
Ans. It is used mainly to treat conditions like gastro oesophageal reflux disease and depression.
Q. What are the side effects of Nexipride ?
Ans. The most common side effects of Nexipride are Drowsiness, Postural hypotension, Unusual tiredness and weakness, Dizziness, Irregular menstrual cycle, Weight gain, Breast tenderness, Constipation, Decreased libido, Gynecomastia
Q. How long does it take for Nexipride 25mg to show results?
Ans. The effect of Nexipride 25mg can be seen within 1-2 hours of administration of drug and the time taken by drug to show the desired effects may vary with every individual patient.
Q. Should Nexipride 25mg be taken on an empty stomach?
Ans. Nexipride 25mg should be staken half an hour before meals for better results.
Q. Does Nexipride 25mg make you drowsy?
Ans. Yes, Nexipride 25mg may cause drowsiness in few cases but it varies with every individual.
Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Nexipride 25mg doses?
Ans. Ideal time gap of atleast 4-6 hours should be there between two doses.
Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
Ans. Nexipride 25mg should be consumed as prescribed by the doctor and in case of any severity of symptoms, immediate medical help or consultation should be taken. And the doctor should be the one to decide when and how to stop the cycle of Nexipride 25mg.
Q. Does Nexipride 25mg effect my menstrual cycle?
Ans. No, it generally doesn’t affect the menstrual cycle but one should always consult the doctor in case of pre existing menstrual problems before consuming the drug.
Q. Is Nexipride 25mg safe for children?
Ans. Nexipride 25mg should not be administered in children without proper consultation and recommendation by the Paediatrician should be taken.
Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Nexipride 25mg?
Ans. Any kidney disorder or allergic reactions are to be taken into consideration before taking Nexipride 25mg.
Q. Is Nexipride 25mg legal in India?
Ans. Yes, it is legal in India.
Disclaimer – The information provided above is to the best of our research and knowledge. However, you are recommended to consult a physician before consuming the drug.
13Authored By –