Table of Contents
- What is Nexito Plus?
- Uses of Nexito Plus
- How does Nexito Plus work?
- How to take Nexito Plus?
- Common Dosage for Nexito Plus
- When to Avoid Nexito Plus?
- Precautions While Taking Nexito Plus
- Side-Effects of Nexito Plus
- Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- Buyer’s Guide – Nexito Plus Composition, Variant and Price
- Substitutes of Nexito Plus
- FAQs – 10 Questions Answered about Nexito Plus
- Authored by-
1What is Nexito Plus?
Used mainly to treat patients suffering from depression and anxiety and other mental health related issues like panic attacks. Convulsion, confusion and sexual impotency are some major side effects seen at high repetitive doses. It should be totally avoided in case of heart, liver and kidney problems.
Nexito Plus Composition: Escitalopram Oxalate 5mg + Clonezepam 0.5mg
Manufactured By: Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
Prescription: Required (to be sold strictly by doctor’s prescription)
Form: Tablets and Capsules.
Price: Rs. 81 for 10 tablets.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Antidepressant + antianxiety + Antiepileptic
2Uses of Nexito Plus
Nexito Plus is used to prevent or treat following conditions:
- Seizures:Used to treat seizures (epilepsy).
- Mental disorders: Used to treat certain mental health conditions or disorders related to mental health.
- Panic Attack: Used to treat and manage panic attacks, by helping the brain to relax.
- Sleep disorders: Used to treat sleep disorders like sleep paralysis, insomnia.
- Depression: Used to treat and manage depression (or to control depression to a certain extent).
- Anxiety Disorders: Used to treat anxiety issues/disorders.
Also read about other medicines: Metronidazole | Nexito
3How does Nexito Plus work?
- Nexito Plus Contains Escitalopram Oxalate and Clonezepam as its main active ingredient.
- Escitalopram works by restoring and maintaining the serotonin balance in the brain, which is also known as “Happy hormone”.
- Fluctuation in the serotonin levels in the brain can trigger anxiety and depression realted symptoms.
- Clonazepam is a CNS depressant and enhances activity of chemical messenger GABA which inhibits the abnormal nerve cell activity in the brain and prevents and controls seizures and epileptic attacks.
4How to take Nexito Plus?
- Nexito Plus is usually available in the form of tablets.
- Nexito Plus tablet is taken via mouth with a glass of water preferably with or without food.
- Nexito Plus Tablet should never be chewed or crushed. It should be swallowed as a whole.
- It is advisable to go through the pack insert properly and also take proper medical consultation before consuming the drug to have a better understanding of the drug.
5Common Dosage for Nexito Plus
- Nexito Plus dosage can be decided by the doctor for every individual as per Age, Weight, Mental status, Allergic history and Health status of the patient.
- Common Adult dose of Nexito Plus is 10mg/day orally.
- The dose can be altered by the doctor depending on the condition or response by the patient.
- The drug dose is kept at minimum for newly diagnosed patients of mental health disorder to rule out the possible side effects.
- Dose alteration should be avoided without proper medical consultation.
Q. What happens if I overdose on Nexito Plus?
Overdose of Nexito Plus can cause undesirable effects like nausea, vomiting, headache and confusion etc. and can also lead to complications in few cases.
Therefore, strictly adhere to the prescribed dose and seek medical help immediately in case of any symptoms of overdose.
Q. What happens if I miss a dose of Nexito Plus?
Dose prescribed by the doctor should never be missed and if missed, it should be consumed always as soon as you remember it. But, avoid taking a double dose if it’s already time for the second dose after that as it may lead to overdose of the drug
Q. What happens if I eat expired Nexito Plus?
Expired Nexito Plus might not exhibit effects or any undesirable effects. However, one should abstain from consuming expired drug.
Q. Onset time of Nexito Plus and till when does the effect of Nexito Plus stays?
- The effect of Nexito Plus can be seen within 3-4 hours of consuming the Nexito Plus.
- Although, the time taken by the drug to show its effect may vary with every individual patient.
Also Read: Nurokind Dosage | O2 Dosage | Ofloxacin Dosage
6When to Avoid Nexito Plus?
Do not Consume Nexito Plus if:
- Allergy: In cases of known allergy to Nexito Plus or any of its constituents.
- Hyponatremia: In cases of patients with low sodium levels in blood.
- Heart diseases: in cases of patients with heart disease
- Diabetes: In cases of Diabetes as it may aggravate the condition.
7 Precautions While Taking Nexito Plus
- Allergy: Nexito Plus should be avoided in known cases of allergy.
- Oral health: Nexito Plus causes dry mouth which leads to decreased saliva production and can cause infection or ulcer in mouth. Therefore, proper oral hygiene should be maintained.
- Pregnancy/Lactation: Nexito Plus should be avoided during pregnancy and in cases of nursing mothers.
Warnings When Taking Nexito Plus
- Avoid consuming Nexito Plus without proper medical consultation.
- Always take the drug as per the prescribed dose.
8Side-Effects of Nexito Plus
The side effects associated with Nexito Plus are:
- Sexual impotency (Rare)
- Light Headedness (common)
- Dry mouth (common)
- Confusion (common)
- Convulsion (Less common)
- Increased Sweating (common)
- Allergic skin reaction (less common)
- Constipation (common)
- Loss of appetite (common)
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Nexito Plus?
- Nexito Plus is known to cause allergic reaction with symptoms like rashes, Itchy skin and loss of gait and consciousness.
- In case of any such signs, immediate medical help should be taken.
What are the effects of Nexito Plus on organs?
- Nexito Plus can cause side effects in patients with liver or kidney impairment and can worsen the condition.
- Nexito Plus can cause reoccurrence of disease in cases of patients with closed-angle glaucoma.
9Drug Interactions to be Careful About
It is always advisable to be careful of certain drug to drug or drug to food interactions when consuming Nexito Plus. Always be aware of the food items, other drugs or lab tests while consuming Nexito Plus. We explore these n details below.
1. Food Interactions with Nexito Plus
No particular food item to be avoided.
2. Medicines Interactions with Nexito Plus
All the potential drug interactions might not be listed here. It is always advisable that the patient must inform the physician about of all the drugs/products you use. You must notify the doctor about the herbal products that you are currently consuming. You should never alter the drug regimen without your doctor’s approval.
The common drug interactions have been noticed with the following drugs:
- Cimetidine (moderate)
- Lithium (Severe)
- CYP2C19 Inhibitors (moderate)
- CYP450 Inducers (moderate)
3. Effects of Nexito Plus on Lab Tests
Nexito Plus does not affect any lab tests as such.
4. Nexito Plus’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
Epilepsy, Closed-angle glaucoma and Respiratory disorders may worsen due to consumption of Nexito Plus.
Q. Can I have Nexito Plus with alcohol?
No, alcohol consumption with Nexito Plus can cause drowsiness. The doctor should always be consulted before taking alcohol with Nexito Plus.
Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
No particular food item is to be avoided.
Q. Can I have Nexito Plus when pregnant?
No, as it is known to cause placental barrier and causing harm to foetus. Always inform the doctor before taking Nexito Plus in cases of pregnancy or if you’re planning to conceive.
Q. Can I have Nexito Plus when feeding a baby?
No, Lactating mothers should avoid using Nexito Plus as it is possible for the drug to be excreted in breast milk. Therefore, the doctor should always be informed
Q. Can I drive after taking Nexito Plus?
No, Nexito Plus can cause drowsiness/ sleepiness in some patients and one must avoid driving or operating heavy machinery if drowsiness or dizziness occurs.
10Buyer’s Guide – Nexito Plus Composition, Variant and Price
|Nexito Plus Variants||Nexito Plus Composition||Nexito Plus Price|
|Nexito LS Tablet||Escitalopram 10mg + Clonazepam 0.25mg||Rs. 103 for 10 tablets|
|Nexito 20mg Tablet||Escitalopram 20mg||Rs. 134.50 for 10 tablets|
|Nexito forte Tablet||Escitalopram 10mg + Clonazepam 0.5mg||Rs. 118 for 10 tablets|
|Nexito 5mg Tablet||Escitalopram 5mg||Rs. 48.07 for 10 tablets|
|Nexito 10mg Tablet||Escitalopram 10mg||Rs. 85.19 for 10 tablets|
11Substitutes of Nexito Plus
The following are alternative drugs for Nexito Plus:
- Stalopam Miniplus Tablet:
- Manufactured by – Lupin Ltd
- Price – Rs. 85.2
- Szetalo Plus 5mg Tablet:
- Manufactured by – Abbott
- Price – Rs. 42.9
- Rexipra Plus Tablet:
- Manufactured by – Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Price – Rs. 80
- Ezeepam Plus 5mg Tablet:
- Manufactured by – Eris Lifesciences Ltd
- Price – Rs. 70.54
Storage requirements for Nexito Plus
- Store the Nexito Plus tablet at a dry, moisture free place away from direct heat or sunlight at room temperature.
- Keep it at a place away from children’s reach.
Also Read: Nurokind Price | Nucoxia Price | Normaxin Price
12FAQs – 10 Questions Answered about Nexito Plus
Q. What is Nexito Plus?
Ans. Nexito Plus is an antidepressant and anti anxiety drug that is used to treat mental health disorders.
Q. How effective it is/ How long does it take for Nexito Plus to show results?
Ans.The effect of Nexito Plus can be seen within 3-4 hours of administration of the drug.
Q. Should Nexito Plus be taken on an empty stomach?
Ans.No, Nexito Plus should not be taken empty stomach to prevent any potential stomach upset.
Q. Does Nexito Plus make you drowsy?
Ans. Yes, Nexito Plus may cause drowsiness in few cases but it varies with every individual.
Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Nexito Plus doses?
Ans. Ideal time gap of 18-20 hours should be there between two doses.
Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
Ans. Nexito Plus should be consumed as prescribed by the doctor and in case of any severity of symptoms, immediate medical help or consultation should be taken.
And the doctor should be the one to decide when and how to stop the cycle of Nexito Plus.
Q. Does Nexito Plus effect my menstrual cycle?
Ans. No, it generally doesn’t affect the menstrual cycle but one should always consult the doctor in case of pre existing menstrual problems before consuming the drug
Q. Is Nexito Plus safe for children?
Ans. Nexito Plus is not safe for children and should never be administered in children without proper consultation and recommendation by the Paediatrician.
Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Nexito Plus?
Ans. Any heart problems or allergic reactions are to be taken into consideration before taking Nexito Plus.
Q. Is Nexito Plus legal in India?
Ans. Yes, it is legal in India.
Disclaimer – The information provided above is to the best of our research and knowledge. However, you are recommended to consult a physician before consuming the drug.