Table of Contents
- What is Nexito?
- How does Nexito work?
- Nexito Price in India
- How to Take Nexito?
- Common Dosage for Nexito?
- When to Avoid Nexito Tablet?
- Side-effects of Nexito Tablet
- What Are The Effects of Nexito Tablet on Organs?
- Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions?
- Drug Interactions to Be Careful About
- Shows Effects / Results In
- Is Nexito addictive?
- Can I have Nexito with alcohol?
- Any particular food item to be avoided?
- Can I have Nexito when pregnant?
- Can I have Nexito Tablet when feeding a baby?
- Can I drive after taking Nexito?
- What happens if I overdose on Nexito?
- What happens if I take expired Nexito Tablet?
- What happens if I miss a dose of Nexito?
- Storage of Nexito Tablet
- Pro Tips When Taking Nexito Tablet
Nexito Composition –Escitalopram
Manufactured By – Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
Prescription – Required
Form – Tablet
Price – Rs.46.48 per 5 mg Strip of 10 Tablets
What is Nexito?
Nexito belongs to a group of drugs called “selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors” which are used for treating depression. Nexito contains escitalopram and is used to treat depression (major depressive episodes) and anxiety disorders (such as panic disorder, social anxiety disorder, generalised anxiety disorder, and obsessive-compulsive disorder).
Manufactured By – Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
How does Nexito work?
- Nexito works by increasing the serotonin level by acting on the serotonin system.
- Disturbances in the serotonin-system are an important factor in the development of depression and related diseases.
Nexito Price in India
|5 mg Strip of 10 Tablets||Rs 46.48|
|10 mg Strip of 10 Tablets||Rs 82.36|
|20 mg Strip of 10 Tablets||Rs 134.5|
Also Read: Metronidazole Price | Nexito Plus Price
How to Take Nexito?
- The dosage and duration of Nexito Tablet intake should be decided by the doctor. Do not take more than or less than the recommended dose.
- Nexito is well absorbed orally and can be taken with or without food.
- The tablet should be swallowed as a whole without crushing, chewing or breaking it along with plenty of fluids.
- Nexito should not be stopped in between without doctor’s consent and before the course of the therapy is not completed.
- Nexito should not be used as an over the counter drug. It is recommended to use this medicine under proper guidance.
Common Dosage for Nexito?
- The optimum dosage of Nexito Tablet varies with the condition of the patient, age of the patient and the initial response to the drug.
- Dosage should initially be limited to the smallest effective amount to decrease the severity of side effects. The dose can later be increased to get the best results.
- The recommended adult dose for Nexito for depression is 10 mg taken as one daily dose. The dose may be increased by your doctor to a maximum of 20 mg per day.
- It may take a couple of weeks before you start to feel better. Continue to take Nexito Tablet even if it takes some time before you feel any improvement in your condition.
- Do not change your dose or stop taking your medicine suddenly without your doctor’s consent.
- It is recommended that the regimen must be continued for a minimum of 6 months after you feel well again.
- In case of non-improvement of symptoms or symptoms getting worse, consult your doctor immediately.
Also Read: Normaxin Dosage | Nucoxia Dosage | Nurokind Dosage
When to Avoid Nexito Tablet?
Nexito should be avoided or used with caution in following patients:
- Patients with allergy to any of its components
- History of epilepsy
- Alcohol intoxication
- Decreased level of sodium in the blood
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women
- Patients with severe kidney and liver disease
- Patients with or have had an episode of abnormal heart rhythm
- Heart diseases
- History of glaucoma
Side-effects of Nexito Tablet
Common side effects with Nexito include:
- Feeling sick (nausea)
- Blocked or a runny nose
- Decreased or increased appetite
- Anxiety, restlessness, abnormal dreams,
- Difficulty in sleeping, drowsiness, dizziness, yawning,
- Prickling of the skin
- Diarrhoea, constipation, vomiting, dry mouth
- Increased sweating
- Pain in muscle and joints
- Sexual disturbances
- Fatigue, fever
- Increased weight.
Other Uncommon side effects include –
- Panic attack,
- Confusion state
- Disturbed sleep,
- Taste disturbance,
- Enlarged pupils
- Visual disturbance,
- Ringing in the ears
- Loss of hair
In addition, it may also cause some allergic or unwanted effects. In such cases, seek medical attention immediately.
What Are The Effects of Nexito Tablet on Organs?
Patients with severe liver and kidney disease should use Nexito with caution. Dose adjustment might be needed in a few cases.
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions?
Report to your doctor if you are allergic to any of the ingredients of Nexito. Signs of allergic reaction include:
- Rashes/itching of the skin
- Shortness of breath
- Swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat
- Loss of consciousness
Drug Interactions to Be Careful About
Drug interactions refer to the effect of drugs on each other and on the human body after ingestion. Large numbers of medicines have shown some interaction with another drug resulting in decreased therapeutic effect and increased chances of side effects. It is always advised that the patient must inform the physician about all the drugs/over the counter products/vitamin supplements being used along with Nexito capsules.
Nexito Tablet possibly interact with the following drugs:
- Non-selective monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) containing phenelzine, iproniazid, isocarboxazid, nialamide, and tranylcypromine as active ingredients
- Moclobemide (used to treat depression).
- Selegiline (used to treat Parkinson’s disease).
- The antibiotic linezolid.
- Sumatriptan (used to treat migraine)
- Tramadol (used to treat severe pain).
- Cimetidine, omeprazole
- St. John’s Wort (Hypericum perforatum) – a herbal remedy used for depression.
- Acetylsalicylic acid and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (medicines used for pain relief or to thin the blood, so called anticoagulant).
- Warfarin, dipyridamole, and phenprocoumon
- Mefloquin (used to treat Malaria),
- Imipramine, desipramine, bupropion, clomipramine, fluvoxamine and nortriptyline (used to treat depression)
- Neuroleptics (medicines to treat schizophrenia, psychosis)
- Flecainide, propafenone, and metoprolol (used in cardiovascular diseases)
- Risperidone, thioridazine, and haloperidol (antipsychotics).
- Medicines that decrease blood levels of potassium or magnesium.
Shows Effects / Results In
Nexito tablets may take a couple of weeks before you start to feel better.
Is Nexito addictive?
The addiction potential of Nexito tablets is very less.
Can I have Nexito with alcohol?
- Consumption of alcohol is not recommended when on Nexito therapy as it may increase the risk of adverse effects and may make you feel sleepy and dizzy.
- Consult your doctor before consuming alcohol.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
No such interaction with food products seen.
Can I have Nexito when pregnant?
- Usage of Nexito is not recommended during pregnancy.
- Always communicate with your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
- If used during pregnancy Nexito should never be stopped abruptly.
Can I have Nexito Tablet when feeding a baby?
- Nursing mothers are not recommended to use Nexito tablets as it could harm the baby.
- Always inform your doctor before if you are breastfeeding your child.
Can I drive after taking Nexito?
- Few patients on Nexito Tablet may experience side effects like sedation, drowsiness, decreased blood pressure, confusion etc.
- Caution must be exercised in such patients when driving or operating heavy machinery.
What happens if I overdose on Nexito?
- It should not be administered in more than recommended dose as it may have deleterious effects.
- Signs of overdosage include dizziness, tremor, convulsion, coma, nausea, vomiting, change in heart rhythm, decreased blood pressure and change in body fluid/salt balance.
- If anyone is suspected of an over-dosage, seek medical care immediately.
What happens if I take expired Nexito Tablet?
- Taking a single expired dose may not cause any major adverse effect. However, the potency of the medicine may well have been reduced.
- To be on the safer side, always check and never use an expired drug.
What happens if I miss a dose of Nexito?
Always consume the missed dose as soon as you remember it. But, if it’s already time for the second dose- do not take double the dose.
Storage of Nexito Tablet
- Stored at room temperature away from direct sunlight and heat.
- Keep medicines away from children and pets.
Pro Tips When Taking Nexito Tablet
- Do not stop taking Nexito Tablet without consulting your doctor even if you start feeling better.
- Do not change or modify the drug regimen without a consultation with your doctor.