Table of Contents
- What is Nicip Plus?
- Uses of Nicip Plus
- How does Nicip Plus work?
- What are the effects of Nicip Plus on organs?
- How to take Nicip Plus?
- Common Dosage Nicip Plus
- When to Avoid Nicip Plus?
- Precautions While Taking Nicip Plus
- Side-Effects of Nicip Plus
- Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- Buyer’s Guide – Nicip Plus Composition, Variant and Price
- Substitutes of Nicip Plus
- FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about Nicip Plus
- Authored By –
1What is Nicip Plus?
Used broadly to treat various types of pain and fever. Liver toxicity at repetitive high doses is the major side effect. It should be totally avoided in case of liver or kidney impairment and in cases of peptic ulcer also.
Nicip Plus Composition: Paracetamol 325mg + Nimesulide 100mg
Manufactured By: Cipla Ltd.
Prescription: Required as it belongs to Schedule H
Form: Tablets and gel
Price: Rs 52 for 10 tablets.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Antipyretic and analgesic
2Uses of Nicip Plus
Nicip Plus serves a dual purpose as it works for pain as well as fever
- Fever: It is used for fever as it has got Paracetamol which is anti-pyretic in nature.
- Headache: Used as a pain reliever as it has Ibugesic (NSAIDs).
- Muscular Pain: Used to treat muscular pain and tender joints in case of osteoarthritis & gout.
- Menstrual Cramps: Used to treat abdominal cramps during the menstrual cycle in women.
- Toothache: Used to treat mild to moderate pain in teeth.
- Bursitis: Used in cases of inflammation of lubricating fluid sacs in joints known as Bursitis.
- Tendonitis: Used in cases of inflammation of tendon, example tennis elbow known as tendonitis.
Also Read: Mobizox Uses | Montair LC Uses | Montek LC Uses
3 How does Nicip Plus work?
- Nicip Plus works by inhibiting the Cyclo-oxygenase (COX) enzymes which further inhibits the production of Prostaglandins which are the reason behind the initiation of pain.
- Prostaglandins are the reason for causing pain, swelling, and redness at the site of injury.
- Therefore, Nicip Plus helps to ease the pain and increases the blood flow across the skin, heat loss and sweating.
4 What are the effects of Nicip Plus on organs?
- The dose of Nicip Plus should be reduced in patients suffering from liver diseases as a high dose of Paracetamol can increase the chances of further damage to the liver or fatal results
- It can cause bleeding in patients with stomach ulcers or can even lead to ulcer formation by prolonged use.
5 How to take Nicip Plus?
- Nicip Plus is usually available in tablet form.
- Tablets are usually administered through the mouth with water as instructed by the doctor. It should be taken with food or after food, and not with an empty stomach to avoid any adverse effect on the stomach
- The tablet should never be crushed or chewed.
- Before consuming the suspension form of Nicip Plus, it should be shaken up properly to have a homogenous mix of medication and a measuring cup should be used always for correct dose administration.
- It is recommended for a patient to go through the leaflet inside the package thoroughly to have a better understanding about the drug.
6 Common Dosage Nicip Plus
- Nicip Plus dosage can be decided by the doctor for every individual as per Age, Weight, Mental status, Allergic history and Health status of the patient.
- Common dose of Nicip Plus is decided as per the severity of the pain and at least a gap of 4-6 hours should be there between the two doses.
- The usual recommended Adult dose is 2-3 times a day with an equal time interval.
- Dose alteration as per your own convenience should be avoided
- Not advisable for children below 12 years.
Q. What happens if I overdose on Nicip Plus?
The doctor should be consulted immediately in case of Nicip Plus overdose, as gastric emptying (gastric lavage) is to be performed as a treatment measure. Symptoms of overdose can be seen as drowsiness, lethargy, stomach discomfort, etc.
Q. What happens if I miss a dose of Nicip Plus?
The drug may not exhibit proper effects if you miss a dose because, for the effective working of the drug, a certain amount of drug must be present in your body at all times. Consume the missed dose always as soon as you remember it. But, do not take a double dose if it’s already time to take the second dose after that as it may lead to an overdose of the drug.
Q. What happens if I eat expired Nicip Plus?
The expired antibiotic may not work as it might not be potent enough to produce desirable effects. The consulting physician should be informed regarding the same.
Q. Onset time of Nicip Plus and till when does the effect of Nicip Plus stay?
- Nicip Plus Tablets reaches its peak effect or shows the result in about 30 minutes after oral administration.
- It is advised to keep 4-6 hours interval between two doses of Nicip Plus.
- The time taken by the drug to show its effect may vary with every individual.
7 When to Avoid Nicip Plus?
Do not Consume Nicip Plus if:
- Liver or Kidney disorders: In patients having liver or severe kidney problems, as Clavam625 is excreted through kidneys and is metabolized by the liver and in cases of kidney or liver problem, it will not be able to get metabolized or excreted properly which can lead to its toxicity.
- Allergy: If there is any known allergy to Nicip Plus or its constituents, Paracetamol and Ibuprofen.
- Allergy to aspirin or same class of drugs: If there is any known allergy to Aspirin or any other Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drug (NSAID) like Aspirin, Diclofenac, etc.
- Asthma: if one is suffering from asthma or any other breathing problems
- Ulcers: In cases of peptic ulcers as it can lead to stomach, colon and anal bleeding.
- Underage Patients: In cases of children under 12 years of age.
- Post surgery patients: In cases of patients undergone bypass surgery.
8Precautions While Taking Nicip Plus
- Empty Stomach: Nicip Plus should not be taken empty stomach as it can lead to decreased efficacy of the drug as well as stomach bleeding at high doses.
- Allergic Reaction: Any allergic reaction should be immediately reported to the doctor.
- Avoid Dose alteration: Drug alteration should be avoided unless stated by the doctor to avoid an overdose of the drug.
- Time Interval: A fixed time gap of at least 4-6 hours is to be maintained between the two doses to avoid toxicity.
Warnings When Taking Nicip Plus
- One should drink an adequate amount of water to reduce the chances of stomach irritation or indigestion by the drug.
- In the case of Nicip Plus overdose or toxicity, immediately visit the doctor
- The doctor should always be informed about any history of gastric problems
- Prolonged use of Nicip Plus must be avoided as it can lead to increased risk of Gastric bleeding.
- Prolonged use can increase the chances of a heart attack in patients with pre-existing heart disease
Also Read: Melacare Cream Dosage | Meprate Dosage | Mintop Dosage
9Side-Effects of Nicip Plus
The side effects associated with Nicip Plus are:
- Nausea – common
- Vomiting – common
- Loss of appetite – common
- Abdominal pain – less common
- Flatulence – less common
- Constipation – less common
- Heartburn – less common
- Diarrhea – less common
- Dry mouth – less common
- Skin rash – less common
- Dry skin – less common
- Headache – less common
- Dizziness – less common
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Nicip Plus?
Following possible allergic reactions have been reported for Nicip Plus tablets :
- Irregular heartbeats – less common
- Loss of Consciousness – Rare
- Difficulty in breathing – less common
- Vomiting – less common
- Rashes and itching on the skin – less common
- Painful, tender wounds on lips and mouth – less common
10Drug Interactions to be Careful About
It is always advisable to be careful of a certain drug to drug or drug to food interactions when consuming Nicip Plus. Always be aware of the food items, other drugs or lab tests while consuming Nicip Plus. We explore these n details below.
1. Food Interactions with Nicip Plus
No particular food item to be avoided.
2. Medicines Interactions with Nicip Plus
All the potential drug interactions might not be listed here. It is always advisable that the patient must inform the physician about all the drugs/products you use. You must notify the doctor about the herbal products that you are currently consuming. You should never alter the drug regimen without your doctor’s approval.
The common mild drug interactions have been noticed with the following drugs:
- Anti-convulsants (e.g. valproic acid)
- Anti-Fungals (e.g. Ketoconazole)
- Anti-Tuberculous Drugs (e.g. Isoniazid)
- Amoxicillin/Clavulanic Acid
- Other Nsaids, Including Aspirin
- Salicylic Acid
3. Effects of Nicip Plus on Lab Tests
It does not really affect any laboratory tests but it is advisable to consult with your treating physician before any laboratory investigation.
4. Nicip Plus’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
Any Liver disease or gastric bleeding.
Q. Can I have Nicip Plus with alcohol?
No, the consulting physician should be informed immediately if any signs are noticed that signifies bleeding in the stomach (dried and coffee colored blood in a cough or stools).
Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
No particular food item needs to be avoided while consuming Nicip Plus.
Q. Can I have Nicip Plus when pregnant?
Avoid Nicip Plus during pregnancy as it can interfere with the delivery of the baby and is not safe for the fetus.
The doctor should always be notified if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant
Q. Can I have Nicip Plus when feeding a baby?
No, it is not recommended for lactating mothers to consume Nicip Plus. The doctor should always be informed if you are breastfeeding your child.
Q. Can I drive after taking Nicip Plus?
Yes, one can drive after taking Nicip Plus but should avoid driving if any dizziness or drowsiness occurs.
Also Read: Nexprord Side Effect | Nimesulide Side Effect
11Buyer’s Guide – Nicip Plus Composition, Variant and Price
|Nicip Plus Variants||Nicip Plus Composition||Nicip Plus Price|
|Nicip 100mg Tablet||Nimesulide 100 MG||Rs.36|
|Nicip Plus Tablet||Nimesulide 100 MG, Paracetamol 500 MG||Rs.57|
|Nicip MR Tablet||Chlorzoxazone 375 MG, Nimesulide 100 MG||Rs.88.5|
|Nicip 20gm Gel||Nimesulide 1 %W/W||Rs.50|
|Nicip P Tablet||Nimesulide 100 MG, Paracetamol 325 MG||Rs.47|
|Nicip DS Tablet||Nimesulide 200 MG||Rs.35.20 for 10 tablets|
Buy & Get Minimum 20% Discount: Practo | Saveonmedicals
12Substitutes of Nicip Plus
The following are alternative drugs for Nicip Plus:
- Dolamide Tablet:
- Manufactured by – Sun Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
- Price – Rs. 68
- Nimeson Tablet:
- Manufactured by – Unison Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
- Price – Rs. 15
- Nimulid HF Tablet:
- Manufactured by – Panacea Biotech
- Price – Rs. 61.8
- Sumo Tablet:
- Manufactured by – Alkem Laboratories
- Price – Rs. 94.5
Storage requirements for Nicip Plus
- The drug should be stored in a cool, moisture-free place at the temperature below 25o
- The drug should be kept in a place where it is out of the reach of children.
13FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about Nicip Plus
Q. What is Nicip Plus?
Ans. Nicip Plus is basically a Non-Steroidal Anti Inflammatory Drug (NSAID), which has nimesulide and Paracetamol as its main constituents.
It is used mainly to treat pain and reduce the fever and signs of inflammation like redness, swelling, etc.
Q. How effective it is/ How long does it take for Nicip Plus to show results?
Ans. Nicip Plus shows its effect within about 30 minutes after oral administration of the drug.
Q. Should Nicip Plus be taken on an empty stomach?
Ans. No, it can lead to gastric bleeding and can even cause stomach upset.
Q. Does Nicip Plus make you drowsy?
Ans. Nicip Plus may cause drowsiness in a few cases but it varies with every individual.
Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Nicip Plus doses?
Ans. The ideal time gap of at least 4-6 hours should be there between two doses to avoid Nicip Plus toxicity or overdose.
Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
Ans. Nicip Plus should be consumed as prescribed by the doctor and in case of any severity of symptoms, immediate medical help or consultation should be taken.
And the doctor should be the one to decide when and how to stop the cycle of Nicip Plus.
Q. Does Nicip Plus effect my menstrual cycle?
Ans. No, it generally doesn’t affect the menstrual cycle but one should always consult the doctor in case of pre-existing menstrual problems before consuming the drug
Q. Is Nicip Plus safe for children?
Ans. Nicip Plus is not recommended for children as it is not safe for children.
Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Nicip Plus?
Ans. Any liver disorder, stomach distress or allergic reactions are to be taken into consideration before taking Nicip Plus.
Q. Is Nicip Plus legal in India?
Ans. Yes, it is legal in India.
Disclaimer – The information provided above is to the best of our research and knowledge. However, you are recommended to consult a physician before consuming the drug.