Table of Contents
- 1 What is Nicotex?
- 2 Nicotex Uses
- 3 How does Nicotex work?
- 4 Nicotex Price in India
- 5 How to Take Nicotex?
- 6 Common Dosage for Nicotex?
- 7 When to Avoid Nicotex Gum?
- 8 Side Effects of Nicotex?
- 9 Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions?
- 10 What Are The Effects of Nicotex Gum on Organs?
- 11 Drug Interactions to Be Careful About
- 12 FAQs
- 13 Is Nicotex Addictive?
- 14 Can I have Nicotex Gum with alcohol?
- 15 Any particular food item to be avoided?
- 16 Can I have Nicotex When Pregnant?
- 17 Can I have Nicotex when feeding a baby?
- 18 Can I drive after taking Nicotex?
- 19 What happens if I overdose on Nicotex?
- 20 What happens if I eat expired Nicotex Gum?
- 21 What happens if I miss a dose of Nicotex Gum?
- 22 Storage Requirements for Nicotex Gum
- 23 Pro Tips When Taking Nicotex
Nicotex Composition – Nicotine (4mg)
Manufactured By – Cipla Ltd
Prescription – Prescription Required
Form – Gum
Price – Rs 80
Quantity – 9 chewing gums in 1 packet
What is Nicotex?
Nicotex contains Nicotine Polacrilex as its chief ingredient.
Buy & Get Minimum 20% Discount: 1mg
Nicotex is an effective smoking cessation aid that reduces the withdrawal symptoms and craving for nicotine.
How does Nicotex work?
Nicotex works by providing a temporary substitution for nicotine craving in cigarette smokers.
Nicotex Price in India
|4 mg Packet of 9 Chewing Gums Cinnamon||Rs 75|
|4 mg Packet of 9 Chewing Gums Paan||Rs 80|
|Nicotex Plus: 4 mg pkt. Of 9 Chewing Gums Mint Plus||Rs 75|
|Nicotex Plus: 2 mg pkt. Of 9 Chewing Gums Mint Plus||Rs 64|
|Nicotex Sugar Free: 4 mg pkt. Of 9 Chewing Gums||Rs 79|
|Nicotex Sugar Free: 2 mg pkt. Of 9 Chewing Gums||Rs 64|
Also Read: Doxycycline Price | Ibuprofen Price | Momate Price
How to Take Nicotex?
- You must understand that Nicotex is only a part of the complete cessation protocol that may also include expert counseling, group support, and behaviour changes.
- Nicotex is available in the form of gums.
- You must chew the Nicotex gum slowly until you feel a tingling sensation in your mouth. Place the gum on the side of your mouth, between your cheek and gum until the tingling sensation is gone. Chew again a few more times until the tingling sensation returns and then place the gum in a different place in your mouth.
- Repeat the procedure for 30 minutes, or when you can no longer feel the tingling sensation in the mouth.
- Do not use more than 1 piece of gum at a time.
- Do not eat or drink anything for 15 minutes before or during use of Nicotex gum.
Common Dosage for Nicotex?
- The dose is determined based upon your smoking history and medical condition.
- The best dose for any individual is the one that diminishes his/her urge to smoke without causing side-effects due to nicotine.
- For the first 6 weeks, use at least 9 pieces each day.
- You must not chew more than 24 pieces of gum a day.
- It is important to complete the complete treatment cycle for 12 weeks.
When to Avoid Nicotex Gum?
- Nicotex should be avoided in case of allergic to Nicotine.
- Nicotex should not be used in patients suffering from blood vessel disease or stroke.
- Nicotex should not be used in patients suffering from increased blood pressure, heart diseases, diabetes, liver disease, and severe kidney disease.
- Nicotex should not be used in diabetic patients.
- Nicotex should not be used in patients suffering from peptic ulcer disease.
- Nicotex should not be used in patients suffering from the adrenal gland and thyroid gland disease.
- Nicotex should not be used in patients suffering from dental / jaw related problems.
- Nicotex should not be used in patients with a history of seizures.
Side Effects of Nicotex?
- The possible side effects are a headache, heartburn, nausea, vomiting, mouth sores and blisters in mouth, diarrhoea and excessive sweating.
- Other side effects include lightheadedness, dizziness, and drowsiness, difficulty in sleeping, vivid dreams, mood changes, swelling in hands/ankles/feet, confusion and weakness.
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions?
Very rarely, Nicotex Gum can cause allergic reactions i.e. itchy skin, rashes, swelling especially on the face, lips, eyelids, tongue & throat, difficulty in breathing or swallowing.
What Are The Effects of Nicotex Gum on Organs?
Nicotex should not be used in patients having liver & kidney diseases.
Drug Interactions to Be Careful About
- All the possible drug interactions might not be listed here. You must always inform the physician of all the drugs/products you use.
- You must also inform about the herbal products that you are consuming. You must not modify the drug regimen without your doctor’s approval.
Is Nicotex Addictive?
Yes. You must avoid prolonged use of Nicotex gum.
Can I have Nicotex Gum with alcohol?
Consumption of alcohol in not advisable when having Nicotex.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
Can I have Nicotex When Pregnant?
No. Nicotex should not be used by pregnant women unless absolutely necessary and the potential benefits outweigh the risks.
Can I have Nicotex when feeding a baby?
No. Nicotex Gum should not be used by lactating women unless absolutely necessary and the potential benefits outweigh the risks.
Can I drive after taking Nicotex?
Nicotex can cause a state of drowsiness and tiredness. Therefore, driving should be done under discretion.
What happens if I overdose on Nicotex?
An overdose of Nicotex can cause unwarranted symptoms. Contact a doctor immediately if you have taken an overdose.
What happens if I eat expired Nicotex Gum?
An expired Nicotex might not be as potent. It is advisable to refrain from using an expired drug. Kindly consult a doctor if you have consumed an expired Nicotex.
What happens if I miss a dose of Nicotex Gum?
If you happen to miss a dose of Nicotex, take it as soon as you remember it. But, if it is already time for you to take the next dose, do not consume a double dose.
Storage Requirements for Nicotex Gum
- Protect Nicotex Gum from humidity
- Keep Nicotex away from light
- Store Nicotex at temperatures above 40C.
Pro Tips When Taking Nicotex
- If after the treatment period, you still feel the need to use Nicotex Gum to prevent you from smoking, talk to your doctor.
- You must not stop taking the Nicotex gums abruptly as it may cause withdrawal symptoms like tobacco cravings, nervousness, and diarrhoea.