Skip to Content
- What is Nimesulide?
- Uses of Nimesulide
- How Nimesulide works?
- Nimesulide Price in India
- How to take Nimesulide?
- Common dosage of Nimesulide
- When to avoid Nimesulide?
- Side effects of Nimesulide
- Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions?
- What Are The Effects of Nimesulide 100 MG Tablet on Organs?
- Drug interactions to be careful about
- Show effects/Results in
- Is Nimesulide addictive?
- Can I have Nimesulide 100 MG Tablet with alcohol?
- Any particular food item to be avoided?
- Can I have Nimesulide when pregnant?
- Can I have Nimesulide 100 MG Tablet when feeding a baby?
- Can I drive after taking Nimesulide?
- What happens if I overdose on Nimesulide 100 MG Tablet?
- What happens if I eat expired Nimesulide?
- What happens if I miss a dose of Nimesulide 100 MG Tablet?
- Storage Requirements for Nimesulide
- Pro Tips When Taking Nimesulide
Nimesulide Composition – Nimesulide
Manufactured By –Bhavishya Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
Prescription – Available as OTC
Form – Tablet
Price – Rs.5.00 per 100 mg Tablet
What is Nimesulide?
Nimesulide is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) which reduce pain, fever, and signs of inflammation like swelling, redness.
Manufactured By – Bhavishya Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
Other variants and composition-
|Nimesulide 100 mg Tablet||Nimesulide (100mg)|
|Nimesulide Suspension||Nimesulide (100mg)|
Buy & Get Minimum 20% Discount: 1mg
Uses of Nimesulide
Nimesulide relieve pain, reduce swelling and ease inflammation in conditions affecting the joints, muscles and tendons including:
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Acute gout
- Ankylosing spondylitis (arthritis affecting spine and large joints)
- Sprains and strains
- Soft tissue sports injuries
- Frozen shoulder, Dislocations
- Tendonitis (inflammation of tendon for example tennis elbow)
- Bursitis (inflammation of sacs filled with lubricating fluid in joints)
- Dental pain
- Muscle pain
- Painful menses
Nimesulide may also be used for purposes not mentioned above.
Also Read: Nexprord Uses | Nicipplus Uses | Montek LC Uses
How Nimesulide works?
- Nimesulide works by obstructing the production of an enzyme called Cyclo-oxygenase which helps in Prostaglandin synthesis.
- Synthesis of Prostaglandins in the body is associated with symptoms like pain, fever, swelling etc.
- Therefore by inhibiting the synthesis of prostaglandins, Nimesulide helps in relieving all associated symptoms (pain, swelling etc).
Nimesulide Price in India
|100 mg Tablet||Rs 5.00|
How to take Nimesulide?
- Nimesulide tablets are usually taken two or three times a day or as directed by your doctor.
- These tablets should be swallowed as a whole and not broken, crushed or chewed.
- They should be taken with food as taking empty stomach may cause gastric side effects.
- Nimesulide gel should be applied over the affected area after washing your hands. Always clean and dry the skin area to be treated.
Common dosage of Nimesulide
- The drug dosage is decided by the physician based upon:
- Health status/medical condition of the patient
- Severity of symptoms
- Reaction to the first dose
- History of allergy/drug reactions
- Use the lowest possible dose for shortest duration whenever possible to reduce the risk of adverse effects when on Nimesulide therapy.
- The most recommended adult dose is 100 twice a day depending upon the severity of symptoms.
- Consult your doctor before administering in children below 12 years of age.
- Never use more than the recommended dose or for longer periods of time without doctor’s consent.
- In case of non-improvement of symptoms or symptoms getting worse, seek medical attention immediately.
Other medicine's Dosage: Montair LC Dosage | Mobizox Dosage
When to avoid Nimesulide?
- Allergy – Nimesulide is not recommended if you have a known allergy of medicines belonging to NSAIDs. Severe allergic conditions like Asthma and itching can be triggered in such cases.
- Peptic Ulcer – in patients suffering from peptic ulcer, Nimesulide can cause severe swelling and bleeding in the stomach, colon, and anus.
- Nimesulide is not recommended for relieving pain after Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery.
- Patients suffering from asthma
- Patients suffering from a severe liver disease
- Patients suffering from severe kidney disease
- Children under 12 years of age.
Side effects of Nimesulide
All medicines have some side effects. Side effects are possible but do not always occur. Consult your doctor if you feel that you have any of them-
- Loss of appetite
- Abdominal pain
- Heart burn
- Dry mouth
- Skin rash
- Dry skin
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions?
Nimesulide is not recommended if you are allergic to any of its active ingredient or other NSAIDs. Possible allergic reactions reported are-
- Rashes on skin
- Discoloration of the skin on the face or neck
- Irregular heartbeat
- Swelling of face, neck
- Loss of consciousness
What Are The Effects of Nimesulide 100 MG Tablet on Organs?
- It can cause fatal liver disease. Patients with pre-existing liver diseases should use this drug with caution and under supervision of their doctor.
- In the stomach, it can cause ulcers which lead to serious bleeding from the stomach or intestine.
Drug interactions to be careful about
Drug interaction refers to the effect of drugs on each other and on the human body after ingestion. Large numbers of medicines have shown to interact with each other. It is always advised that the patient must inform the physician about all the drugs/over the counter products/vitamin supplements used.
You must also inform about the herbal products that you are consuming. Do not modify the drug regimen without your doctor’s approval. All the possible drug interactions might not be listed here. Few common drugs which interact with Nimesulide 100 MG Tablet include:
- Anti-convulsants (e.g. valproic acid),
- Anti-Fungals (e.g. Ketoconazole),
- Anti-Tuberculous Drugs (e.g. Isoniazid),
- Amoxicillin/Clavulanic Acid
- Other Nsaids, Including Aspirin
- Salicylic Acid
Show effects/Results in
- It depends on the dosage and age of the patient and the severity of the problem.
- It shows its full effect in 30 minutes. Slowly leads to relief in pain.
Is Nimesulide addictive?
No habit-forming tendencies have been reported with Nimesulide.
Can I have Nimesulide 100 MG Tablet with alcohol?
- Daily use of alcohol while using Nimesulide may increase your risk for stomach bleeding and liver toxicity.
- Refrain from alcohol consumption while taking Nimesulide.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
No interaction with any food product observed. For further information, you can consult your doctor.
Can I have Nimesulide when pregnant?
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or if you plan to become pregnant.
- During pregnancy, you must avoid taking Nimesulide 100 MG Tablet.
- It is not recommended for use during pregnancy as it can harm the foetus or interference with normal delivery.
Can I have Nimesulide 100 MG Tablet when feeding a baby?
Nimesulide is not recommended for use in lactating women.
Can I drive after taking Nimesulide?
- Nimesulide 100 MG Tablet may cause side effects like dizziness, headache, drowsiness, and light-headedness in few patients.
- In such patients, driving and operating heavy machinery should be avoided.
What happens if I overdose on Nimesulide 100 MG Tablet?
Taking more than prescribed dosage can be harmful and can increase the incidence of side effects. Symptoms of over dosage include:
- Stomach discomfort
- In the case of over-dosage, consult your doctor immediately.
What happens if I eat expired Nimesulide?
- Avoid taking expired medicine. If you have taken accidentally and you are feeling any discomfort rush to the doctor immediately for medical assistance.
- An expired drug might not be as potent in treating your condition. It is advisable to refrain from using an expired drug.
What happens if I miss a dose of Nimesulide 100 MG Tablet?
- The medicine may not work well if you miss a dose because, for effective working of the drug, a certain amount of drug must be present in your body at all times.
- Always consume the missed dose as soon as you remember it. But, if it is already time to take the second dose after that – do not take a double dose.
Storage Requirements for Nimesulide
- Store at room temperature away from light and moisture.
- Do not freeze.
Pro Tips When Taking Nimesulide
- Nimesulide 100 MG Tablet and other NSAIDs can increase the chance of heart attack in patients already suffering from heart disease when taken for longer durations.
- Nimesulide should be cautiously used in patients with pre-existing peptic ulcer as it can cause bleeding in the stomach or intestine
- NSAIDs should only be prescribed at the lowest dose possible and for the shortest time.
- The government has banned the pediatric use of the common fever and pain drug nimesulide for its adverse effects on the liver.