Table of Contents
- 1 What is Nimulid HF?
- 2 Uses of Nimulid HF–
- 3 Nimulid HF Composition
- 4 How Nimulid HF works?
- 5 Nimulid HF Price in India
- 6 How to take Nimulid HF?
- 7 Common dosage-
- 8 When to avoid Nimulid HF?
- 9 Side effects-
- 10 Reported allergic reactions-
- 11 Effect on organs-
- 12 Drug interactions to be careful about-
- 13 Show effects/Results in-
- 14 Storage requirements –
- 15 Pro Tips:
- 16 Frequently asked questions
- 17 Is it addictive?
- 18 Can I have Nimulid HF with alcohol?
- 19 Any particular food item to be avoided?
- 20 Can I have Nimulid HF when pregnant?
- 21 Can I have Nimulid HF when feeding a baby?
- 22 Can I drive after taking Nimulid HF?
- 23 What happens if I overdose on Nimulid HF?
- 24 What happen if I eat expired Nimulid HF?
- 25 What happen if I miss a dose of Nimulid HF?
- 26 Similar Reads
What is Nimulid HF?
- Nimulid HF contains Nimesulide and Paracetamol as chief ingredients.
Nimesulide – 100mg
Paracetamol – 500mg
- Nimulid HF is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) which reduces pain, fever and signs of inflammation like swelling, redness.
Save Using: Netmeds Coupon Code | Medlife Coupon Code | Pharmeasy Coupon Code
Uses of Nimulid HF–
Nimulid HF relieves pain, reduce swelling and ease inflammation in conditions affecting the joints, muscles and tendons including:
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Acute gout
- Ankylosing spondylitis (arthritis affecting spine and large joints)
- Sprains and strains
- Soft tissue sports injuries
- Frozen shoulder, Dislocations
- Tendonitis (inflammation of tendon for example tennis elbow)
- Bursitis (inflammation of sacs filled with lubricating fluid in joints)
- Dental pain
- Muscle pain
- Painful menses
Nimulid HF may also be used for purposes not mentioned above.
Nimulid HF Composition
- Nimesulide – 100mg
- Paracetamol – 500mg
Read more: Rabekind Dsr Composition
How Nimulid HF works?
- Nimulid HF works by obstructing the production of enzyme called as Cyclo-oxygenase which helps in Prostaglandin synthesis.
- Synthesis of Prostaglandins in the body is associated with symptoms like pain, fever, swelling etc.
- Therefore by inhibiting the synthesis of prostaglandins, Nimulid HF helps in relieving all associated symptoms (pain, swelling etc).
Nimulid HF Price in India
|Specification||Nimulid-HF price in India|
|Nimulid-HF Tablet||Rs. 61.8|
Also check out: Meco Od Price | Omeday D Price
How to take Nimulid HF?
- Nimulid HF tablets are usually taken two or three times a day or as directed by your doctor.
- They should be taken with food as taking empty stomach may cause gastric side effects.
- The tablets should be swallowed as a whole and not broken, crushed or chewed..
- It is always advised for the user to read the Patient Information Leaflet provided by the pharmacist and further queries must be solved with your doctor or pharmacist.
- The drug dosage is decided by the physician based upon:
- Health status/medical condition of the patient
- Severity of symptoms
- Reaction to the first dose
- History of allergy/drug reactions
- Do not administer in children below 12 years of age.
When to avoid Nimulid HF?
- Allergy – Nimulid HF is not recommended if you have a known allergy of medicines belonging to NSAIDs. Severe allergic conditions like Asthma and itching can be triggered in such cases.
- Peptic Ulcer – in patients suffering from peptic ulcer, Nimulid HF can cause severe swelling and bleeding in the stomach, colon and anus.
- Nimulid HF is not recommended for relieving pain after Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery.
- Patients suffering from asthma
- Patients suffering from severe liver disease
- Patients suffering from severe kidney disease
- Children under 12 years of age.
- All medicines have some side effects. Side effects are possible but do not always occur.
- Consult your doctor if you feel that you have any of them-
- Loss of appetite
- Abdominal pain
- Heart burn
- Dry mouth
- Skin rash
- Dry skin
Reported allergic reactions-
- Nimulid HF is not recommended if you are allergic to any of its active ingredient or other NSAIDs.
- Possible allergic reactions reported are-
- Rashes on skin
- Discoloration of the skin on the face or neck
- Irregular heartbeat
- Swelling of face, neck
- Loss of consciousness
Effect on organs-
- It can cause fatal liver disease. Patients with pre-existing liver diseases should use this drug with caution and under supervision of their doctor.
- In stomach it can cause ulcers which lead to serious bleeding from stomach or intestine.
Drug interactions to be careful about-
- Drug interaction refers to effect of drugs on each other and on human body after ingestion. Large numbers of medicines have shown to interact with each other.
- It is always advised that the patient must inform the physician about all the drugs/over the counter products/vitamin supplements used.
- You must also inform about the herbal products that you are consuming. Do not modify the drug regimen without your doctor’s approval.
- All the possible drug interactions might not be listed here. Few common drugs which interact with Nimulid HF include:
- Anti-convulsants (e.g. valproic acid),
- Anti-Fungals (e.g. Ketoconazole),
- Anti-Tuberculous Drugs (e.g. Isoniazid),
- Amoxicillin/Clavulanic Acid
- Other Nsaids, Including Aspirin
- Salicylic Acid
Show effects/Results in-
- It depends on the dosage and age of the patient and severity of the problem.
- It shows its full effect in 30 minutes. Slowly leads to relief in pain.
Storage requirements –
- Store at room temperature away from light and moisture.
- Do not freeze.
- Nimulid HF and other NSAIDs can increase the chance of heart attack in patients already suffering from heart disease when taken for longer durations.
- Nimulid HF should be cautiously used in patients with pre-existing peptic ulcer as it can cause bleeding in the stomach or intestine.
Frequently asked questions
Is it addictive?
- No habit forming tendencies have been reported with this medicine.
Can I have Nimulid HF with alcohol?
- Daily use of alcohol while using this medicine may increase your risk for stomach bleeding and liver toxicity.
- Refrain from alcohol consumption while taking Nimulid HF.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
- No interaction with any food product observed. For further information you can consult your doctor.
Can I have Nimulid HF when pregnant?
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or if you plan to become pregnant.
- During pregnancy, you must avoid taking Nimulid HF.
- It is not recommended for use during pregnancy as it can harm the foetus or interference with normal delivery.
Can I have Nimulid HF when feeding a baby?
- Nimulid HF is not recommended for use in lactating women.
Can I drive after taking Nimulid HF?
- Nimulid HF Tablet may causes side effects like dizziness, headache, drowsiness and light-headedness in few patients.
- In such patients, driving and operating heavy machinery should be avoided.
What happens if I overdose on Nimulid HF?
- Taking more than prescribed dosage can be harmful and can increase the incidence of side effects
- Symptoms of over dosage include:
- Stomach discomfort
- In case of over-dosage, consult your doctor immediately.
What happen if I eat expired Nimulid HF?
- Avoid taking expired medicine. If you have taken accidentally and you are feeling any discomfort rush to the doctor immediately for medical assistance.
- An expired drug might not be as potent in treating your condition. It is advisable to refrain from using expired drug.
What happen if I miss a dose of Nimulid HF?
- The medicine may not work well if you miss a dose because for effective working of the drug, a certain amount of drug must be present in your body at all times.
- Always consume the missed dose as soon as you remember it. But, if it is already time to take the second dose after that – do not take double dose.