Table of Contents
Noni juice is obtained from the fruit of Morinda Citrifolia or Indian Mulberry tree that is recognized in Rubiacea – the family of flowering plants like coffee and madder. The tree is mostly native to Southeast Asia and Australasia but is now cultivated throughout the world. Renowned as a cure for treating many human diseases and disorders, Noni Juice finds its place in the Ayurvedic studies too. Being an effective weight reducing agent, Noni Juice also ensures a sound immune system and thus a healthy body.
Benefits of Noni Juice in Weight Loss
Chris Kilham, a medicine hunter, author, educator, TV personality, and a guest speaker at The Dr. Oz Show says that noni juice can “…ease joint pain, fight cancer and benefit the skin”. While other researches back up the fact that noni juice has positive effects in protecting the overall heart health, people often refrain from consuming Noni Juice during heart conditions.
1. Improves Digestion
Drinking Noni Juice regularly helps to boost the bowel movement thus helping to relieve constipation. Along with this Noni juice also aids in flushing out the toxins from the body and increasing the energy and immunity level.
2. Better Sleep
Irregularity in sleeping affects the daily processes of the body leading to hormonal imbalance and thus promotes weight gain. Being an effective way to increase the energy levels of the body, regular consumption of Noni Juice is said to boost your stamina thus leading you to exercise more and burning the extra calories that helps improve the digestion process. This in turn leads to a healthy mind and body resulting in deeper and sound sleep that helps in shedding those extra kilos that you might have put on.
3. Promotes Weight Loss
Boosting the energy level in the body which might lead you to burn the extra calories, consumption of Noni Juice promotes exercising, thus leading to weight loss in the long run.
4. Fights Free Radicals
Rich in anti-oxidants that help the body fight free radicals released in our body as and when it sheds weight. Noni juice, when digested, also helps produce nitric acid that can help the body target the stored energy fat, leading to a good amount of weight loss.
Also Read - Lemon And Honey Weight Loss
Ways to Consume Noni Juice?
Consumption of Noni Juice up to a quantity of 750 ml per day is considered as safe.
Noni juice is easily available in the markets on all ayurvedic medicine shops and on online retailers.
If you want to drink freshly made Noni juice all you have to do is follow these easy steps and take a step closer to your weight loss routine.
- Non – Traditional Method
- Before juicing the fruit make sure that it is properly washed and has a skin thinner than tomato.
- Blend the fruit along with 1/2 – 1 cup of water until you get a puree of thick consistency.
- Transfer the thick puree into a sieve, press the puree and collect the filtered juice into a jug or a jar.
- Once finished, you will see a thick liquid collected in the jar. Drink in portions – one in the morning and one in the evening.
- Traditional Method
- Take some ripe noni fruits
- Ensure that they are washed properly
- Place the fruits in a large vessel or a big jar
- Let the fruits sit in the vessel for around 2 months or more
- Extract the fermented noni juice
- Filter the extract and you will get clear noni juice
You can even reap its benefits if you consume it with water or blend it with fresh fruits.
- Noni juice is best avoided if you’re pregnant or lactating.
- Do not consume noni juice or the fruit if you’re experiencing high potassium level, suffering from liver and kidney problems or heart diseases.
Always consult your doctor before adding noni juice to your diet as herbs react with different body types differently.