Table of Contents
- What is Norflox?
- How does Norflox work?
- Norflox Price In India
- How to Take Norflox?
- Common Dosage for Norflox?
- When to Avoid Norflox?
- Side-effects of Norflox
- Reported Allergic Reactions?
- Effect on organs
- Drug Interactions to Be Careful About
- Shows Effects / Results In:
- Is Norflox Addictive?
- Can I have Norflox with alcohol?
- Any particular food item to be avoided?
- Can I have Norflox When Pregnant?
- Can I have Norflox when feeding a baby?
- Can I drive after taking Norflox?
- What happens if I overdose on Norflox?
- What happens if I eat expired Norflox?
- What happens if I miss a dose of Norflox?
- Storage Requirements for Norflox
- Pro Tips When Taking Norflox
Norflox Composition – Norfloxacin 200 MG
Manufactured By – Cipla
Prescription – Prescription Required
Form – Tablet
Price – Rs 29.51
Quantity – 10 tablets in 1 strip
What is Norflox?
- Norflox belongs to “Quinolone” group of antibiotics which is used to treat different kinds of bacterial infections.
- Norflox comes in tablet form and is ineffective in treating viral infections like common cold, flu etc.
- Overuse or unnecessary usage of Norflox tablets may cause antibiotic resistance or decreased effectiveness of antibiotic.
- Norflox is commonly used in treatment or prevention of following diseases or symptoms:
- Chronic bacterial prostatitis (inflammation of prostate gland)
- Urinary tract infections
- Gynaecological infections
- Infectious diarrhoea
- Bladder infections
- Intra-abdominal infections
- It may also be used for other purposes not mentioned above.
Manufactured By – Cipla Ltd.
Other variants and compositions
|Norflox-Tz Tablet||Tinidazole (600mg) + Norfloxacin (400mg) + Lactobacillus (120Millionspores)|
|Norflox 400 Tablet / Norflox Lb 400 Mg||Norfloxacin (400mg)|
|Norflox Oz Lb Tablet||Ornidazole (500mg) + Norfloxacin (400mg) + Lactobacillus (NA)|
|Norflox Lb 200 Mg Tablet||Norfloxacin (200mg)|
|Norflox 100 Mg Tablet Dt||Norfloxacin (100mg)|
|Norflox 0.30 % Eye/Ear Drops||Norfloxacin (0.30%)|
Buy & Get Minimum 20% Discount: 1Mg Discount Code | Medlife Discount Code
How does Norflox work?
- Norflox belongs to “Quinolone” group of antibiotics which are considered to be bactericidal (bacterial killing ability).
- It kills the bacteria by inhibiting the bacterial enzyme DNA Gyrase which further inhibits the synthesis of DNA (genetic material) and thus preventing its further multiplication.
Norflox Price In India
|200 mg Strip of 10 Tablets||Rs 26.83|
|400 mg Strip of 10 Tablets||Rs 48.49|
|Norflox TZ: Strip of 10 Tablets||Rs 73.42|
Also Read: Myospaz Price
How to Take Norflox?
- In order to reduce antibiotic resistance and increase the effectiveness of Norflox, it is advisable that all antibacterial therapies including Norflox should be selected based on bacterial culture and susceptibility tests.
- A particular antibiotic should only be used to treat or prevent infections which are susceptible to it.
- Dosage regimen should be adjusted according to individual patient needs, type of infection or as advised by the doctor.
- Norflox tablets are usually well absorbed orally and should be directly swallowed with water in one go without chewing or breaking it.
- It is better to take Norflox tablets empty stomach or 1 hour before/ 2 hours after food.
- For ideal results, it should always be taken at evenly spaced intervals to maintain certain amount of drug in the body all the time.
- When on Norflox therapy, it is always advised that medication should not be left in between without completing the full course as it:
- Might decrease the efficacy of the drug and
- Increase the likelihood of bacterial resistance to this drug thereby making it inefficient for future use.
Common Dosage for Norflox?
- The drug dosage is decided by the physician based upon:
- age and body weight of the patient
- health status/medical condition of the patient
- disease severity
- reaction to the first dose
- history of allergy/drug reaction
- The most usually recommended dose of Norflox in adults is one tablet 12 hourly. The length of treatment varies with medical condition.
- The safety and effectiveness of Norflox use in children below 18 years has not been established. Consult your doctor before administering in children.
- In patients suffering from kidney problems or on dialysis, the dosage of Norflox may need to be altered.
- Never use more than the recommended dose or for longer periods of time without doctor’s consent.
- In case of non improvement of symptoms or symptoms getting worse, seek medical attention immediately.
- If taken as an over-the-counter product, read all directions on the product package before taking this medication.
Also Read: Neurobion Dosage | Shelcal Dosage
When to Avoid Norflox?
Norflox tablets should not be used if:
- If you are allergic to Norflox
- If you are allergic to other drugs belonging to quinolone family like Levofloxacin, Ofloxacin, Gatifloxacin etc
- Patients having history of tendon problem (tendonitis, tendon rupture)
- Patients having myasthenia gravis (abnormal weakness of muscles)
- Patients with heart problem or long QT interval (heart’s electrical cycle)
- Diabetic patients (especially if on oral anti diabetic drugs)
- Patients suffering from kidney disease or on dialysis
- Patients suffering from liver diseases
- Epileptic patients (patients experiencing seizures)
Side-effects of Norflox
- Side effects are possible but do not always occur in all the patients.
- More commonly observed side effects may include:
- Altered taste sensation
- Skin rash
- In very few cases, patients might complain of some serious side effects like:
- Signs of tendonitis, tendon rupture: pain, swelling, stiffness around joints
- Prolongation of QT interval (heart’s electrical cycle)
- Photo toxicity (susceptibility of skin to light)
- Central nervous system effects like nervousness, depression, confusion
- Nerve symptoms: numbness, burning sensation, tingling
- Allergic reactions
- In such cases, tell your doctor immediately and seek immediate medical attention.
Reported Allergic Reactions?
- Although Norflox is used to treat bacterial infections but an allergic reaction to Norflox is possible.
- Signs and symptoms of possible allergic reactions include:
- Itchy skin/rashes
- Swelling especially on face, lips & throat
- Difficulty in breathing or swallowing and
- Loss of consciousness.
Effect on organs
- Dose adjustment is needed in patients suffering from kidney and liver diseases. In such patients, Norflox should be administered with caution.
- Norflox use is associated with increased risk of tendonitis and tendon rupture in all age groups. The risk is further increased in people above 60 years of age.
Drug Interactions to Be Careful About
All the possible drug interactions might not be listed here. You must always inform the physician of all the drugs/over the counter supplements used.
It is always better to inform your doctor if you are currently using any other drugs that make you drowsy or sleepy, such as sleeping pills, other allergy drugs, muscle relaxants, and drugs used for fits, depression, or anti-anxiety drugs.
Some of the common drugs which interact with Norflox include:
- Using all these medicines along with Norflox can increase the chances of side effects and can also influence the therapeutic effect of these medicines.
Shows Effects / Results In:
Some patients might show decreased severity of symptoms from day one but even if the symptoms have disappeared, the course of the medicine should always be completed.
Is Norflox Addictive?
No such tendency has been reported.
Can I have Norflox with alcohol?
The interaction of alcohol with Norflox is not clear. Consult your doctor before consumption.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
- Dairy products and caffeine should be consumed at least 2 hours before or after administration of norflox.
- Patients receiving Norflox should remain adequately hydrated to prevent the formation of highly concentrated urine.
Can I have Norflox When Pregnant?
Norflox is not suitable for use in pregnancy. Animal studies have shown adverse effects on fetus thus avoid taking Norflox during pregnancy unless otherwise suggested.
Can I have Norflox when feeding a baby?
- Always inform your doctor if you are breast-feeding your child.
- Norflox is excreted in human milk so it should be avoided in lactating mothers.
Can I drive after taking Norflox?
- Norflox Tablet usually does not affect your ability to drive.
- However, few patients might experience dizziness, decreased alertness as a side effect, in such cases it should be used with caution while driving and operating heavy machinery.
What happens if I overdose on Norflox?
- Norflox should not be administered in more than prescribed dose.
- Taking more medication or with increased frequency will not improve your symptoms early; rather it may cause deleterious side-effects.
- In case of over dosage, consult your doctor immediately.
What happens if I eat expired Norflox?
- It is very unlikely for a single dose of expired Norflox tablet to produce an adverse event. However, please consult your physician if you feel unwell or sick after consuming an expired medicine.
- An expired drug might not be as potent in treating your condition. It is advisable to refrain from using expired drug.
What happens if I miss a dose of Norflox?
- The medicine may not work well if you miss a dose because for effective working of the drug, a certain amount of drug must be present in your body at all times.
- Always consume the missed dose as soon as you remember it. But, if it is already time to take the second dose after that – do not take double dose.
Storage Requirements for Norflox
- Store it away from direct heat and light.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pet
Pro Tips When Taking Norflox
- Needle shaped crystals can be found in urine of patients taking high dose of Norflox. This can be prevented by drinking plenty of fluids while on Norflox therapy.
- Even if you begin to feel better in a few days of treatment with Norflox, it is advisable that you complete the entire course of treatment. If the medicine is stopped in between, the symptoms might return or may get worsened. Also chances of bacterial resistance to drug may increase.
Other medicine's to read: Meftal | Methycobal