Table of Contents
- What is Noworm Plus ?
- Uses of Noworm Plus
- How Does Noworm Plus Work?
- How to Take Noworm Plus ?
- Common Dosage for Noworm Plus
- When to Avoid Noworm Plus ?
- Precautions While Taking Noworm Plus
- Side-Effects of Noworm Plus
- Drug Interactions With Noworm Plus to be Careful About
- Noworm Plus Composition, Variant and Price – Buyer’s Guide
- Substitutes of Noworm Plus
- FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about Noworm Plus
- Similar Read:
What is Noworm Plus ?
Noworm Plus is a combination drug belonging to “anthelmintics” group used to kill or expel infesting helminthes (parasitic worm). Noworm Plus is available in tablet form for oral administration. This medicine is not recommended for use in pregnant and lactating females.
Composition: Albendazole – 400mg, Ivermectin – 6mg
Manufactured by – Alkem laboratories Ltd
Prescription– Prescription needed
Form – Tablet
Price – Rs.17.93
Type of Drug – Anthelmintic (Anti-parasitic)
Uses of Noworm Plus
Noworm Plus serves a dual purpose as it works for pain as well as fever. It is prescribed for the following:
- Hookworm infection
- Pinworm infection
- Roundworm infection
- Whipworm infection
- Hydatid disease
- Other parasitic infections
Read more: Mim Orange Uses | Nervact Plus Uses
How Does Noworm Plus Work?
- Albendazole acts on the microtubular protein of the parasite thereby attaching with the parasite with high affinity and inhibiting its growth or destroying it without causing any damage to the host body.
- Ivermectin binds to nerve and muscle cells of worm with high affinity causing increased permeability of cell membrane to chloride ion leading to hyperpolarization of nerve or muscle cell.
How to Take Noworm Plus ?
- The dosage and duration of Noworm Plus tablet should be decided by the doctor. Do not take more than or less than the recommended dose.
- Noworm Plus tablet can be taken with or without food but at a fixed time. Bioavailability of Albendazole increases when taken along with high fat meal diet.
- The tablet should be swallowed as a whole without crushing or chewing along with plenty of fluids.
Common Dosage for Noworm Plus
- The drug dosage is decided by the physician based upon:
- Health status/medical condition of the patient
- Severity of symptoms and type of intestinal infection
- Reaction to the first dose
- History of allergy/drug reactions
- Depending on the type of infection, the most recommended dose of Noworm Plus tablet in adults is once orally.
Q. What happens if I overdose on Noworm Plus ?
Noworm Plus should not be administered in more than prescribed dose. Taking increased dose will not improve your symptoms earlier; rather it may cause serious side-effects like hepatitis, neutropenia (decreased neutrophil count) and GIT side effects like stomach pain, loss of appetite etc. In case of over dosage, consult your doctor immediately.
Q. What happens if I miss a dose of Noworm Plus ?
The potency of the medicine may decrease because for effective working of the drug, a certain amount of drug must be present in your body at all times. Always consume the missed dose as soon as you remember. But, if it’s already time for the next dose – do not double the dose.
Q. What happens if I eat expired Noworm Plus ?
The medicine may not work as well as the potency of the medicine gets affected. Please inform your physician regarding the same. To be on the safer side, always check and never use an expired medicine.
Q. What is the onset time of Noworm Plus ?
You should start to feel recovered within one to three days following treatment with Noworm Plus. If no improvement is observed within 7 days, consult your doctor.
Q. Till When Does The Effect of Noworm Plus Stay?
The duration of time for which the medicine remains effective is not clinically established.
Read more: Onestone Dosage | Pregabalin Dosage
When to Avoid Noworm Plus ?
Do not Consume Noworm Plus Tablets in the following scenarios:
- Allergy – if the patient is allergic to any of the components present in Noworm Plus.
- Liver Disease – Patients with severe liver disease must consult the physician before use.
- Kidney disease – Patients with severe kidney disease or on dialysis must consult the physician before use.
- Pregnant and breast feeding women – Pregnant and breast-feeding women must consult the physician before use of Noworm Plus.
- Children under 2 years of age
Precautions While Taking Noworm Plus
Patients with bone marrow suppression should use Noworm Plus with caution as it may lead to decrease in white blood cells. Such patients should be regularly monitored for blood cell count.
Read more: Neuragen Precaution
Side-Effects of Noworm Plus
The side effects associated with Noworm Plus Tablets used for different treatments are:
- Nausea (common)
- Vomiting (common)
- Abdominal pain (common)
- Diarrhea (less common)
- Loss of appetite (common)
- Temporary loss of hair (less common)
- Dark urine (less common)
- Rashes (less common)
- Abdominal liver function tests (less common)
- Headache(less common)
- Flatulence(less common)
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Noworm Plus ?
Possible allergic reactions reported for Noworm Plus tablets are:
- Rash (common)
- Itching (common)
- Shortness of breath (less common)
- Swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat (rare)
- Loss of consciousness (rare)
What Are The Effects of Noworm Plus Tablets on Organs?
- Patients with pre-existing liver and kidney disease should use it with caution. Dose adjustment might be needed in such cases.
- Patients with history of eye disease should use Noworm Plus with caution due to increased risk of retinal damage.
Drug Interactions With Noworm Plus to be Careful About
Drug interaction refers to effect of drugs on each other and on human body after ingestion. Large numbers of medicines have shown to interact with each other. Interactions are not just limited to drugs, but certain food items and some laboratory tests which should not be taken right after consuming Noworm Plus. We explore these in details below.
1. Food Interactions with Noworm Plus
Consumption of grape fruit juice is not recommended as it may increase the incidence of interactions.
2. Medicines Interactions with Noworm Plus
It is always advised that the patient must inform the physician about all the drugs/over the counter products/vitamin supplements used.It may interact with the following drugs and products:
- Alcohol (Moderate)
- Dexamethasone (mild)
- Carbamazepine (Moderate)
- Phenytoin (Moderate)
- Clozapine (severe)
3. Effects of Noworm Plus on Lab Tests
No effect on any lab tests noted while taking Noworm Plus.
4. Noworm Plus interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
Patients suffering from pre-existing liver and kidney diseases and retinal damage must consult their physician before consuming Noworm Plus.
Q. Can I have Noworm Plus with alcohol?
Consumption of alcohol is not recommended when on Noworm Plus as it might increase the risk of side effects and may cause excessive drowsiness & calmness.
Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
Noworm Plus should not be administered along with grape fruit juice.
Q. Can I have Noworm Plus when pregnant?
Noworm Plus is not recommended for use during pregnancy as it may harm the developing fetus. Doctors may advise to have negative pregnancy test before you can start taking this medicine.
Q. Can I have Noworm Plus when feeding a baby?
There is no evidence as whether ingredients of Noworm Plus are excreted in human breast milk or not thus it should be used with caution in lactating mothers.
Q. Can I drive after taking Noworm Plus ?
If one experiences side effects like drowsiness, headache, dizziness or decrease in blood pressure, then it may not be advisable to drive a vehicle and operate heavy machinery while on this medication.
Read more: Neosporin Side Effects
Noworm Plus Composition, Variant and Price – Buyer’s Guide
|Noworm Plus Variants||Noworm Plus Composition||Noworm Plus Price (Rs.)|
|Noworm tablet||Albendazole – 400mg||Rs. 8.09|
|Noworm Suspension||Albendazole||Rs. 16.75|
Check Out: Myra Medicines Offers | 1mg Offers | Practo Offers
Substitutes of Noworm Plus
The following are alternative drugs for Noworm Plus:
- ABD Plus Tablet
- Manufactured by – Intas Pharmaceticals Ltd
- Price – Rs. 28.5
- Manufactured by – Timon Pharma
- Vermact Plus
- Manufactured by – Mankind Pharma
- Price – Rs. 27.28
Storage Requirements for Noworm Plus Tablets
- Storage at room temperature away from direct light and heat unless mentioned in the package insert.
- Keep medicines away from children and pets.
Read more: Normaton Price
FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about Noworm Plus
Q. What is Noworm Plus ?
Ans. Noworm Plus is a combination drug belonging to “anthelmintics” group used to kill or expel infesting helminthes (parasitic worm). Noworm Plus is available in tablet form for oral administration. This medicine is not recommended for use in pregnant and lactating females.
Q. What are the uses of Noworm Plus ?
Ans. It is used to kill or expel infesting helminthes (parasitic worm).
Q. What are the side effects of Noworm Plus ?
Ans. The most common side effects of Noworm Plus are heartburn, vertigo, nausea, diarrhea, and constipation.
Q. How effective is Noworm Plus ?
Ans. Noworm Plus is effective due to its anthelmintics properties. However as an anthelmintics, there are other medicines which perform better.
Q. How long does it take for Noworm Plus to show results?
Ans. You should start to feel recovered within one to three days following treatment with Noworm Plus. If no improvement is observed within 7 days, consult your doctor.
Q. Should Noworm Plus be taken on an empty stomach?
Ans. Noworm Plus can be taken empty stomach as well as after food.
Q. Does Noworm Plus make you drowsy?
Ans.Yes. It can make you drowsy and less oriented.
Q. What should be the time gap between the intake of 2 Noworm Plus Tablets?
Ans. Noworm Plus is usually recommended as a single daily dose.
Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
Ans. A complete course prescribed by your doctor must be taken for complete cessation of symptoms from your body.
Q. Does Noworm Plus effect my menstrual cycle?
Ans. No, Noworm Plus does not affect your menstrual cycle.
Q. Is Noworm Plus safe for children?
Ans. Noworm Plus is safe for consumption in children above 2 years of age. Children below 2 years should use it with caution.
Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Noworm Plus ?
Ans. Patients with bone marrow suppression and retinal damage should administer this drug after informing and consulting the doctor.
Q. Is Noworm Plus legal in India?
Ans. Yes, it is legal.
Disclaimer – The information provided above is to the best of our research and knowledge. However, you are recommended to consult a physician before consuming the drug.