Skip to Content
- Q. What happens if I overdose on Nucoxia MR?
- Q. What happens if I miss a dose of Nucoxia MR?
- Q. What happens if I eat expired Nucoxia MR?
- Q. Onset time of Nucoxia MR and till when does the effect of Nucoxia MR stays?
- Warnings When Taking Nucoxia MR
- Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Nucoxia MR?
- What are the effects of Nucoxia MR on organs?
- 1. Food Interactions with Nucoxia MR
- 2. Medicines Interactions with Nucoxia MR
- 3. Effects of Combiflam on Nucoxia MR
- 4. Nucoxia’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
- Q. Can I have Nucoxia MR with alcohol?
- Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
- Q. Can I have Nucoxia MR when pregnant?
- Q. Can I have Nucoxia MR when feeding a baby?
- Q. Can I drive after taking Nucoxia MR?
- Storage requirements for Nucoxia MR
- Q. What is Nucoxia MR?
- Q. How effective it is/ How long does it take for Nucoxia MR to show results?
- Q. Should Nucoxia MR be taken on an empty stomach?
- Q. Does Nucoxia MR make you drowsy?
- Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Nucoxia MR doses?
- Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
- Q. Does Nucoxia MR effect my menstrual cycle?
- Q. Is Nucoxia MR safe for children?
- Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Nucoxia MR?
- Q. Is Nucoxia MR legal in India?
What is Nucoxia MR?
Used mainly to prevent or treat signs of inflammation like redness, swelling, pain, etc. (back pain, osteoarthritis). Fluid retention and High Blood Pressure are the major side effects at high repetitive doses. It should be totally avoided in case of severe heart diseases, allergic reactions and gastric ulcers.
Nucoxia MR Composition: Etoricoxib 60mg + Thiocolchicoside 4mg
Manufactured By: Zydus Cadila
Prescription: Not required as it is available as OTC (over the counter drug).
Form: Tablet, capsule, gel and ointment
Price: Rs. 198.10 for 10 tablets of 4mg.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: NSAID + Analgesic + Muscle Relaxant
Uses of Nucoxia MR
Nucoxia MR is used to treat the following conditions:
- Back pain: Used to treat back pain.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: Used in cases of rheumatoid arthritis.
- Osteoarthritis: Used in cases of Osteoarthritis.
- Gouty Arthritis: Used in cases of Gouty Arthritis.
- Psoriatic Arthritis: Used in cases of psoriatic arthritis.
- Ankylosing Spondylitis: Used in cases of ankylosing spondylitis.
- Musculoskeletal Pain: Used in cases of musculoskeletal pain.
How does Nucoxia MR work?
- Nucoxia MR contains Etoricoxib and Thiocolchicoside as its active main ingredient.
- Etoricoxib is a Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) used to treat pain and other signs of inflammation.
- It works by inhibiting the COX (Cyclo oxygenase) enzymes which further blocks prostaglandin secretion.
- Prostaglandins are accountable for producing inflammatory signs and inhibition of prostaglandin aids in providing relief from the symptoms.
- Thiocolchicoside is a muscle relaxant with anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties.
Also read about other medicine: Nexito
How to take Nucoxia MR?
- Nucoxia MR is usually available in the form of tablets.
- Nucoxia MR Tablet is taken by mouth with a glass of water with or without food but should be taken after food to prevent any potential gastric irritation the drug might cause when taken empty stomach.
- Nucoxia MR Tablet should never be chewed or crushed. It should be swallowed as a whole.
- Nucoxia MR Tablet should be taken with an equal time interval between two doses if more than one dose a day is prescribed.
- It is advisable to go through the pack insert properly before consuming the drug to have a better understanding of the drug.
Common Dosage for Nucoxia MR
- Nucoxia MR dosage can be decided by the doctor for every individual as per: Age, Weight, Mental status, Allergic history and Health status of the patient.
- The common Adult dose of Nucoxia MR Tablet is a single tablet of 4mg 1-2 a day or as prescribed by the doctor depending on the severity of the condition being treated.
- It is not recommended to be administered to children under 16 years of age without pediatric consultation
- Dose alteration should be avoided without proper medical consultation.
Q. What happens if I overdose on Nucoxia MR?
An overdose of Nucoxia MR can cause undesirable effects like gastrointestinal or cardio-renal events and can also lead to complications in a few cases. Therefore, strictly adhere to the prescribed dose and seek medical help immediately in case of any symptoms of overdose.
Q. What happens if I miss a dose of Nucoxia MR?
The dose prescribed by the doctor should never be missed and if missed, it should be consumed always as soon as you remember it. But, avoid taking a double dose if it’s already time for the second dose after that as it may lead to an overdose of the drug
Q. What happens if I eat expired Nucoxia MR?
Consuming expired Nucoxia MR might not exhibit desirable effects or any side effects. However, one should abstain from consuming the expired drug.
Q. Onset time of Nucoxia MR and till when does the effect of Nucoxia MR stays?
The effect of Nucoxia MR can be seen within 30minutes of oral administration of the drug. Time is taken by the drug to show the desired effects may vary with every individual patient.
Also Read: Metronidazole Dosage | Nexito Plus Dosage
When to Avoid Nucoxia MR?
Do not Consume Nucoxia MR if:
- Allergy: In cases of known allergy to Nucoxia MR or any other NSAIDs or any of its constituents.
- Gastric bleeding: In cases of patients with a history of gastric ulcer, bleeding or perforations as it can cause swelling and bleeding of stomach, colon or anus.
- Heart diseases: In cases of patients with heart diseases.
- Reactions to NSAIDs: In cases of patients with experience of nasal polyp and allergic reactions after taking Nucoxia MR.
- Liver/ Kidney impairment: In cases of patients with liver disease and kidney disease or impairment.
Precautions While Taking Nucoxia MR
- Liver/ Kidney diseases: Dose alteration may be required by the physician in patients with kidney, heart or liver impairments.
- GI lesions: Nucoxia MR should be used with extra caution in patients with a history of gastrointestinal lesions.
- Underage: Should be avoided in children under 16 years of age.
Warnings When Taking Nucoxia MR
- There should be the equally spaced time interval between two doses.
- Avoid prolonged use in patients with heart disease as it can lead to increased chances of heart attack.
- Always consume the tablet with or after meals to prevent any gastric irritation.
Side-Effects of Nucoxia MR:
The side effects associated with Nucoxia MR are:
- Nausea (common)
- Vomiting (common)
- Abdominal pain (less common)
- Diarrhoea (less common)
- Dizziness (common)
- Indigestion (common)
- Upper respiratory infection and urinary tract infection (less common)
- Constipation (less common)
- Cough and breathlessness (less common)
- Blurred vision and ringing sensation in the ear (less common)
- Altered taste sensation (less common)
- Confusion and hallucinations (rare)
- Fluid retention (common)
- Edema (less common)
- Hypersensitivity Reactions (rare)
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Nucoxia MR?
- Nucoxia MR is known to cause an allergic reaction with symptoms like rashes, itching, swelling of face and neck.
- In case of any such signs, immediate medical help should be taken.
What are the effects of Nucoxia MR on organs?
- Nucoxia MR should be used with caution in patients with liver impairment as it can affect the liver. Therefore, dose modification would be required in such cases.
- Etoshine should not be administered to patients with kidney impairment.
Drug Interactions to be Careful About
It is always advisable to be careful of a certain drug to drug or drug to food interactions when consuming Nucoxia MR. Always be aware of the food items, other drugs or lab tests while consuming Nucoxia MR. We explore these n details below.
1. Food Interactions with Nucoxia MR
No particular food item to be avoided.
2. Medicines Interactions with Nucoxia MR
All the potential drug interactions might not be listed here. It is always advisable that the patient must inform the physician about all the drugs/products you use. You must notify the doctor about the herbal products that you are currently consuming. You should never alter the drug regimen without your doctor’s approval.
The common drug interactions have been noticed with the following drugs:
- ACE Inhibitors (mild)
- Aspirin (moderate)
- Beta-blockers (moderate)
- Corticosteroids (mild)
- Fluconazole, Ketaconazole (mild)
- Lithium (moderate)
- Loop diuretics (mild)
- Methotrexate (moderate)
- Oral contraceptives
- Prostaglandin analogues (moderate)
- Rifampicin (mild)
- Thiazide diuretics (mild)
- Warfarin (mild)
3. Effects of Combiflam on Nucoxia MR
Nucoxia MR does not affect any lab tests as such.
4. Nucoxia’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
Any Liver or kidney diseases and gastric ulcer.
Q. Can I have Nucoxia MR with alcohol?
No, it is advisable to avoid alcohol consumption while on Nucoxia MR therapy. The doctor should always be consulted before taking alcohol with Nucoxia MR.
Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
No particular food item is to be avoided.
Q. Can I have Nucoxia MR when pregnant?
No, it is not safe to consume during pregnancy as animal studies have shown harmful effects on foetus. Always inform the doctor before taking Nucoxia MR in cases of pregnancy or if you’re planning to conceive.
Q. Can I have Nucoxia MR when feeding a baby?
No, it is not safe to administer Nucoxia MR tablet to Lactating mothers as its excretion in human milk is not known. Always inform the doctor about the case.
Q. Can I drive after taking Nucoxia MR?
It is safe to drive after consuming Nucoxia MR tablet but one should avoid driving or operating heavy machinery if drowsiness or dizziness occurs.
Also Read: Nurokind Side Effect | O2 Side Effect | Ofloxacin Side Effect
Buyer’s Guide – Nucoxia MR Composition, Variant and Price
|Nucoxia Variants||Nucoxia Composition||Nucoxia Price|
|Nucoxia 60mg tablet||Etoricoxib 60mg||Rs. 166.40 for 15 tablets|
|Nucoxia SP Tablet||Etoricoxib 60mg + Serratiopeptidase 10mg||Rs. 105.60 for 10 tablets|
|Nucoxia MR 8mg Tablet||Etoricoxib 60mg + Thiocolchicoside 8mg||Rs. 283.00 for 10 tablets|
|Nucoxia P Tablet||Etoricoxib 60mg + Paracetamol 500mg||Rs. 100.80 for 10 tablets|
|Nucoxia Emul 30gm Gel||Etoricoxib 10mg + Linseed oil 30mg + Menthol 50mg + Methyl Salicylate 100mg||Rs. 66.50 for 1 pack|
|Nucoxia Injection||Etoricoxib 90mg/ml||Rs. 150.00 for 5 units|
Substitutes of Nucoxia MR
The following are alternative drugs for Nucoxia MR:
- Etorica MR Tablet:
- Manufactured by – Eros Pharma.
- Price – Rs. 185
- Etoril MR Tablet:
- Manufactured by – Solis Pharma.
- Price – Rs. 198
- Brutaflam MR 4mg Tablet:
- Manufactured by – Mankind Pharma Ltd.
- Price – Rs. 139
- Arixib MR Tablet:
- Manufactured by – Pulse Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd.
- Price – Rs. 198
Storage requirements for Nucoxia MR
- Store the Nucoxia MR tablet at a dry place away from direct heat or sunlight at a temperature below 25O
- Keep it at a place away from children’s reach.
Also Read: Normaxin Price | Nurokind Price
FAQs – 10 Questions Answered about Nucoxia MR
Q. What is Nucoxia MR?
Ans. Nucoxia MR is a dual component drug. Etoricoxib is a Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) with analgesic (Pain reliever) and anti-inflammatory properties whereas, Thiocolchicoside is a muscle relaxant. It is used mainly to treat signs of inflammation like redness, swelling, pain, etc. and conditions like the pain of osteoarthritis
Q. How effective it is/ How long does it take for Nucoxia MR to show results?
Ans. The effect of Nucoxia MR can be seen within 30 minutes of oral administration of the drug and the time taken by the drug to show the desired effects may vary with every individual patient.
Q. Should Nucoxia MR be taken on an empty stomach?
Ans. Nucoxia MR should not be taken empty stomach to prevent any potential stomach upset.
Q. Does Nucoxia MR make you drowsy?
Ans. Yes, Nucoxia MR may cause drowsiness in a few cases but it varies with every individual.
Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Nucoxia MR doses?
Ans. An ideal time gap of 4-6 hours should be there between two doses.
Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
Ans. Nucoxia MR should be consumed as prescribed by the doctor and in case of any severity of symptoms, immediate medical help or consultation should be taken.
And the doctor should be the one to decide when and how to stop the cycle of Nucoxia MR.
Q. Does Nucoxia MR effect my menstrual cycle?
Ans. No, it generally doesn’t affect the menstrual cycle but one should always consult the doctor in case of pre-existing menstrual problems before consuming the drug
Q. Is Nucoxia MR safe for children?
Ans. Nucoxia MR should not be administered in children without proper consultation and recommendation by the Paediatrician should be taken.
Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Nucoxia MR?
Ans. Any liver disorder or allergic reactions are to be taken into consideration before taking Nucoxia MR.
Q. Is Nucoxia MR legal in India?
Ans. Yes, it is legal in India.
Disclaimer – The information provided above is to the best of our research and knowledge. However, you are recommended to consult a physician before consuming the drug.
Also check: Pharmeasy coupon codes for today to save on Medicines