Table of Contents
- What is Nurokind Plus?
- Uses of Nurokind Plus
- How does Nurokind Plus work?
- How to take Nurokind Plus?
- Common Dosage for Nurokind Plus
- When to Avoid Nurokind Plus?
- Precautions While Taking Nurokind Plus
- Side-Effects of Nurokind Plus
- Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- Buyer’s Guide – Nurokind Plus Composition, Variant and Price
- Substitutes of Nurokind Plus
- FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about Nurokind Plus
- Authored By –
1What is Nurokind Plus?
Used mainly to prevent or treat conditions like anemia and neuropathies. Flatulence and bloating are the major side effects of Nurokind Plus when consumed in more than the recommended dose. Nurokind Plus should never be used in cases of liver and heart diseases.
Nurokind Plus Composition: Mecobalamin (Vitamin B12 1500mcg + Folic acid (Vitamin B9) 1.5mg + Pyridoxine (Vitamin B6) 3mg + Alpha lipoic acid 100mg
Manufactured By: Mankind Pharma Ltd.
Form: Capsules and Injections
Price: Rs 84 for 10 capsules
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Multivitamins
2Uses of Nurokind Plus
Nurokind Plus is used mainly to prevent or treat conditions like:
- Anaemia: Used in cases of anemia like Vitamin B12 deficiency anemia and Megaloblastic anemia.
- Neuropathies: Used to treat nerve disorders like Diabetic neuropathy, Peripheral neuropathy, and alcoholic neuropathy.
- Neuralgias: Used to treat nerve pain disorders like Trigeminal Neuralgia or permanent nerve damage.
- Low diet: Used in cases of low diet or poor appetite or poor food absorption.
- Heart diseases: Used in cases of cardiovascular diseases.
- Alopecia: Used in cases of hair loss (alopecia).
- Mental disorders: Used in cases to treat mental disorders.
- Cholesterol: Used in cases of high cholesterol problems.
Also Read: Nurokind Uses | O2 Uses | Ofloxacin Uses
3 How does Nurokind Plus work?
- Nurokind Plus works by providing the nutrition required to meet the metabolic demands of the body. It helps in regular uptake of the vitamins and minerals mentioned above, in cases where the daily nutritional requirement is not being met by food.
- Nurokind contains all the water-soluble vitamins.
- Vitamin B12, being the primary constituent of Nurokind Plus capsules is essential for brain functioning & for production and maturation of red blood cells. It also helps in protecting nerve cells integrity and encourages their normal growth.
- Vitamin B12 deficiency leads to anemia (due to lack of/defective RBC production and maturation) and neuropathies (nerve damage).
- Folic acid (another constituent of Nurokind Plus) is essential for regulating body functions and lack of it can lead to anemia in adults and developmental deformities in infants born to mothers with folic acid deficiency.
- Alpha lipoic acid is an anti-oxidant which helps to prevent damage to body cells by oxidative stress.
4 How to take Nurokind Plus?
- Nurokind Plus is available in the form of soft gelatine capsules, the dose of duration should be followed strictly as per the doctor’s instructions.
- The capsule is to be swallowed as a whole and should not be crushed or chewed.
- The Nurokind Plus capsule is to be taken orally with a glass of water preferably with food or immediately after food in patients with gastric problems to prevent any undesired effect.
- The dose should not be altered in any form without proper guidance of the doctor.
- If the symptom doesn’t improve or worsen, immediate medical care is advisable.
- It is advisable to go through the leaflet inside the drug package for better understanding about the Do’s and don’ts of the drug.
5 Common Dosage for Nurokind Plus
- The dosage of the drug can be decided by the doctor as per the Weight, Age, Mental status of the patient, Severity of the condition being treated
- Nurokind Plus is a nutritional supplement which should be taken as advised by the physician and at a fixed time every day.
- The adult dose is one or two capsules as advised by the physician.
- Duration treatment is decided as per the severity of the nutritional deficiency and response of the patient to the treatment.
- It is not advisable for children and neonates
Q. What happens if I overdose on Nurokind Plus?
An overdose of any drug may increase the chances of serious side effects. Therefore, it is advisable to strictly adhere to the prescribed dose of the drug and immediately consult the medical team in case of any signs of drug overdose.
Q. What happens if I miss a dose of Nurokind Plus?
One should consume the missed dose as soon as he/she remembers but try to avoid taking the missed dose if it’s time for the next dose as it may lead to a drug overdose.
Missing a dose is not recommended and one should strictly adhere to the dosing schedule.
Q. What happens if I eat expired Nurokind Plus?
A single dose of expired Nurokind Plus is very unlikely to cause an adverse event as it might have lost its efficacy and potency. However, one should abstain from consuming expired drug and the doctor should be immediately consulted if one feels any undesirable symptoms after consuming the expired drug.
Q. Onset time of Nurokind Plus and till when does the effect of Nurokind Plus stay?
- The patient may start to feel recovered within 1 week of the Nurokind Plus therapy.
- The dose and duration of the drug as advised by the doctor should be followed strictly for the complete cessation of all the symptoms
- The onset of action and relief in symptoms vary with every patient and condition being treated.
6When to Avoid Nurokind Plus?
Do not Consume Nurokind Plus:
- Allergy: In cases of allergic history or present condition of allergy to Nurokind Plus or any synthetically derived nutritional supplement.
- Thyroid disorders: In cases of thyroid problems, it should be avoided.
- Liver diseases: In cases of patients suffering from liver diseases, it should be avoided.
- Kidney Impairment: In cases of patients with kidney impairment.
- Heart diseases: In cases of heart conditions like Acute myocardial infarction and cardiac arrhythmias.
7 Precautions While Taking Nurokind Plus
- Allergic reactions: In case of an allergic reaction, seek medical help immediately.
- Dose Alteration: Don’t alter/Change the schedule of the dose as per your own convenience.
- Empty stomach: Nurokind Plus should be taken preferably with or after food to avoid any undesirable effects.
Warnings When Taking Nurokind Plus
- Do not crush or chew the capsule as it may alter the rate of absorption of the drug.
- Try to consume the drug with or after meals as taking it empty stomach may lead to gastric irritation.
- Don’t alter the dose without proper medical advice.
- It is advisable to go through the leaflet inside the package of the drug to have a better understanding of the drug.
8 Side-Effects of Nurokind Plus
The side effects associated with Nurokind Plus used for different treatments are:
- Nausea – common
- Vomiting – common
- Stomach-ache – less common
- Loss of appetite – less common
- Flatulence – less common
- Skin rashes – less common
- Bloating – common
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Nurokind Plus?
Possible allergic reactions reported for Nurokind Plus are:
- Red protuberances on skin – less common
- Swelling of eyes, face, lips, mouth or tongue – less common
- Rashes. – less common
What are the effects of Nurokind Plus on organs?
No adverse effects on any organ are reported yet but Nurokind Plus exhibits the following effects:
- Helps in haemoglobin production and keeps blood sugar level in normal range
- Increases the action of antioxidants
- Increases the red blood cells production by the bone marrow
- Maintains peripheral nerve function
9Drug Interactions to be Careful About
A patient should be careful of certain drug interactions when consuming Nurokind Plus. These may span from certain food items to other medicines to some tests which should not be taken right after consuming Nurokind Plus. We explore these n details below.
1. Food Interactions with Nurokind Plus
No particular food item to be avoided.
2. Medicines Interactions with Nurokind plus
All the possible drug interactions might not be listed here. It is always advised that the patient must inform the physician ab of all the drugs/products you use. You must also inform about the herbal products that you are consuming. You must not modify the drug regimen without your doctor’s approval.
The common drug interactions have been noticed with the following drugs:
- Alcohol (mild): Decreases absorption of Vitamin B12
- Carbamazepine (moderate)
- Arsenic trioxide (mild)
- Barbiturates (mild)
- Chloramphenicol (moderate)
- Colchicine (mild)
- Isoniazid (moderate)
- Furosemide (mild)
3. Effects of Nurokind Plus on Lab Tests
No particular lab tests are affected by Nurokind Plus but it is advisable to consult your treating doctor before going for any lab investigation
4. Nurokind Plus’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
liver and heart disorders.
Q. Can I have Nurokind Plus with alcohol?
No. There is an increased risk of side effects when Nurokind Plus is taken with alcohol and alcohol also decreases Vitamin B12 absorption. The doctor should be consulted before consuming alcohol with Nurokind Plus.
Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
No particular food item needs to be avoided while consuming Nurokind Plus.
Q. Can I have Nurokind Plus when pregnant?
No, as few adverse effects are seen on foetus so it should be administered in pregnant patients. Therefore, it should be avoided during pregnancy unless stated by the doctor and always notify the doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
Q. Can I have Nurokind Plus when feeding a baby?
Nurokind Plus should be used with caution in case of lactating mothers as the effects of its constituents on quantity and quality of milk production is unknown.
Discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor before consuming the drug.
Q. Can I drive after taking Nurokind Plus?
Yes, as Nurokind Plus does not affect the ability to drive but it is advisable to avoid driving or operating heavy machinery if symptoms like dizziness or drowsiness occurs after taking Nurokind Plus.
10 Buyer’s Guide – Nurokind Plus Composition, Variant and Price
|Nurokind Plus Variants||Nurokind Plus Composition||Nurokind Plus Price|
|Nurokind Plus Capsule||Alpha Lipoic Acid 100MG + Folic Acid 1.5MG + Mecobalamin
1.5MG + Vitamin B6 3MG
|Rs. 89.9 for 10 capsules|
|Nurokind Plus 2ML Injection||Methylcobalamin 1000 MCG + Niacinamide 100 MG + Pyridoxine 100MG||Rs. 24.2 for 1 pack.|
Buy & Get Minimum 20% Discount: Pharmeasy
11Substitutes of Nurokind Plus
The following are alternative drugs for Nurokind Plus:
- Nuvolt Plus Capsule:
- Manufactured by – Wisdom Pharma Pvt. Ltd
- Price – Rs. 55
- Manufactured by – Organic Labs Pvt. Ltd
- Price – Rs. 139.9
- Meconerv Forte:
- Manufactured by – Micro Labs Ltd.
- Price – Rs. 138
- Manufactured by – Forgen Healthcare
- Price – Rs. 105
Storage requirements for Nurokind Plus
- Nurokind Plus should be stored in a cool, moisture-free place away from direct heat and light.
- Drug should be kept out of children’s reach.
Also Read: Nucoxia Price | Normaxin Price
12FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about Nurokind Plus
Q. What is Nurokind Plus?
Ans. Nurokind Plus is an artificial supplement containing different minerals and multivitamins, mainly vitamin B complex. It is used as a nutritional supplement in various cases of Vitamin B complex or in cases where there is an increased requirement of constituent vitamins.
Q. How effective it is/ How long does it take for Nurokind Plus to show results?
Ans. Nurokind Plus shows its effect in a few days of therapy.
Q. Should Nurokind Plus be taken on an empty stomach?
Ans. It is preferable to consume Nurokind Plus with or just after having meals to avoid any stomach distress.
Q. Does Nurokind Plus make you drowsy?
Ans. Nurokind Plus might cause drowsiness in a few cases but it varies with every individual.
Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Nurokind Plus Tablets?
Ans. Ideal time gap of atleast 4-6 hours should be there between two doses to avoid Nurokind Plus toxicity or overdose.
Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
Ans. Yes, it is necessary to complete the whole prescribed dose of Nurokind Plus even if the symptoms disappear.
One should never stop Nurokind Plus without consulting with the doctor.
Q. Does Nurokind Plus effect my menstrual cycle?
Ans. No, it does not affect the menstrual cycle but always consult the doctor in case of pre existing menstrual problems before consuming the drug
Q. Is Nurokind Plus safe for children?
Ans. Nurokind Plus is not advisable to be administered to children and neonates and should only be administered to paediatric population if recommended by the paediatrician.
Q. Are there any symptoms/diseases that I should consider before taking Nurokind Plus?
Ans. Any liver and kidney disorders or cardiac disorders are to be taken into consideration before taking Nurokind Plus
Q. Is Nurokind Plus legal in India?
Ans. Yes, it is legal in India.
Disclaimer – The information provided above is to the best of our research and knowledge. However, you are recommended to consult a physician before consuming the drug.