Table of Contents
- 1 What is O2?
- 2 Uses of O2
- 3 How does O2 work?
- 4 How to take O2?
- 5 Common Dosage for O2
- 6 When to Avoid O2?
- 7 Precautions While Taking O2:
- 8 Side-Effects of O2:
- 9 Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- 9.1 1. Food Interactions with O2
- 9.2 2. Medicines Interactions with O2
- 9.3 3. Effects of O2 on Lab Tests
- 9.4 4. O2’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
- 9.5 Q. Can I have O2 with alcohol?
- 9.6 Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
- 9.7 Q. Can I have O2 when pregnant?
- 9.8 Q. Can I have O2 when feeding a baby?
- 9.9 Q. Can I drive after taking O2?
- 10 Buyer’s Guide – O2 Composition, Variant, and Price
- 11 Substitutes of O2
- 12 FAQs –10 Important Questions Answered about O2
- 12.1 Q. What is O2?
- 12.2 Q. How effective it is/ How long does it take for O2 to show results?
- 12.3 Q. Should O2 be taken on an empty stomach?
- 12.4 Q. Does O2 make you drowsy?
- 12.5 Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 O2 doses?
- 12.6 Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
- 12.7 Q. Does O2 effect my menstrual cycle?
- 12.8 Q. Is O2 safe for children?
- 12.9 Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking O2?
- 12.10 Q. Is O2 legal in India?
- 13 Authored By –
1What is O2?
It is a medicine which is used to prevent or treat conditions and infections like pneumonia, vaginal and urinary tract infections, infectious diarrhoea. Loss of appetite and abdominal pain are the commonly seen side effects. It should be totally avoided in case of epilepsy, liver, kidney diseases or muscle weakness.
O2 Composition: Ofloxacin 200mg + Ornidazole 500mg
Manufactured By: Medley Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Prescription: Required as it belongs to Schedule ‘H’ but also available as OTC
Form: Tablet, Capsule, Cream and syrup.
Price: Rs. 119 for 10 tablets.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Antibiotic + Antidiarrhoeal