Table of Contents
- 1 What is Ocid DSR?
- 2 Uses of Ocid DSR:
- 3 Ocid DSR Composition
- 4 How does Ocid DSR work?
- 5 Ocid DSR Price in India
- 6 How to Take Ocid DSR?
- 7 Common Dosage for Ocid DSR:
- 8 When to Avoid Ocid DSR?
- 9 Side-effects of Ocid DSR:
- 10 Effect on organs?
- 11 Reported Allergic Reactions?
- 12 Drug Interactions to Be Careful About
- 13 Shows Effects / Results In:
- 14 Storage of Ocid DSR
- 15 Pro Tips When Taking Ocid DSR:
- 16 Frequently asked questions
- 17 Is Ocid DSR addictive?
- 18 Can I have Ocid DSR with alcohol?
- 19 Any particular food item to be avoided?
- 20 Can I have Ocid DSR when pregnant?
- 21 Can I have Ocid DSR when feeding a baby?
- 22 Can I drive after taking Ocid DSR?
- 23 What happens if I overdose on Ocid DSR?
- 24 What happens if I take expired Ocid DSR?
- 25 What happens if I miss a dose of Ocid DSR?
- 26 Similar Reads
What is Ocid DSR?
- Ocid DSR is a fixed dose combination of Omeprazole (20mg) and Domperidone (30mg) used for the treatment of acidity, heart burn, nausea, vomiting etc.
Save using: Netmeds Promo Code | Medlife Promo Code | Pharmeasy Promo Code
Uses of Ocid DSR:
- It can be used for the following conditions:
- Gastroesophageal reflex disease (GERD)
- Gastric ulcer
- Zollinger Ellison syndrome
- Heart burn
- Erosive esophagitis
- Idiopathic or diabetic gastroparesis (condition which prevents stomach emptying)
- Helicobacter pylori infection
Read more: Meco Od Uses | Omeday D Uses
Ocid DSR Composition
- Omeprazole (20mg)
- Domperidone (30mg)
How does Ocid DSR work?
- Omeprazole belongs to group of drugs called as “proton pump inhibitor” which works by inhibiting gastric acid secretion. It inhibits acid secretion both in resting phase as well as when stimulated by food thus preventing heart burn and gastric ulcer disease.
- Domperidone belongs to a group of drugs called as “dopamine antagonists” which works by propelling the food faster through your food pipe from stomach to intestine.
- It also prevents food from flowing wrong way back up to food pipe and inhibits vomiting centre in brain thus eventually reducing the feeling of nausea and vomiting.
Ocid DSR Price in India
|Specification||Ocid DSR price in India|
|Ocid DSR Capsule||Rs. 120.8|
How to Take Ocid DSR?
- Ocid DSR is available in capsule form for oral use.
- Ocid DSR is well absorbed orally and should be taken empty stomach (at least half an hour before food) in the morning.
- The capsule should be swallowed as a whole without crushing, chewing or breaking it along with plenty of fluids.
Common Dosage for Ocid DSR:
- The optimum dosage of Ocid DSR varies with the condition of the patient, age of the patient and initial response to the drug.
- The recommended dose for Ocid DSR in adults is one capsule once daily half an hour before food. Ocid DSR should not be used for more than 14 days if not directed by your doctor.
Read more: Venusmin Dosage
When to Avoid Ocid DSR?
- Ocid DSR should be avoided or used with caution in following patients:
- Patients with allergy to any of its components
- Blockage in intestine
- Patients with electrolyte disturbance especially Magnesium, potassium and calcium
- Patients with severe kidney and liver disease
- Congestive heart failure
Read more: Rabekind Dsr Precaution
Side-effects of Ocid DSR:
- Common side effects with Ocid DSR include:
- Abdominal pain
- Dry mouth
- Increased chances of bone fracture
Effect on organs?
- Patients with severe liver and kidney disease should use Ocid DSR with caution. Dose adjustment by doctor might be needed in few cases.
Reported Allergic Reactions?
- Report to your doctor if you are allergic to any of the ingredients of Ocid DSR. Signs of allergic reaction include:
- Rashes/itching of skin
- Shortness of breath
- Swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat
- Loss of consciousness
Drug Interactions to Be Careful About
- It is always advised that the patient must inform the doctor of all the drugs/over the counter products/vitamin supplements being used along with Ocid DSR capsules.
- All the possible drug interactions might not be listed here. Ocid DSR may interact with the following drugs and products:
Shows Effects / Results In:
- The effects of Ocid DSR start within 30 minutes to 1 hour following oral administration and reach its maximum (inhibition of acid) in 2 hours.
Storage of Ocid DSR
- Stored at room temperature away from direct sunlight and heat.
- Keep medicines away from children and pets.
Pro Tips When Taking Ocid DSR:
- Ocid DSR when used in larger doses and for longer duration may increase your risk for bone fractures (osteoporosis) especially among elderly.
- When used for longer duration, it may also cause decrease in magnesium levels in blood. Constant monitoring of blood magnesium levels should be done when on Ocid DSR therapy.
Frequently asked questions
Is Ocid DSR addictive?
- No such tendency has been reported.
Can I have Ocid DSR with alcohol?
- Consumption of alcohol is not recommended when on Ocid DSR therapy as alcohol increases acidity and cause reflex in food pipe which may further aggregate the problem and reduce the potency of Ocid DSR.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
- No such interaction with food products observed.
Can I have Ocid DSR when pregnant?
- Usage of Ocid DSR is not recommended during pregnancy as it has shown adverse effects on foetus in animal studies. It should only be used if the potential benefits justify the risks involved.
Can I have Ocid DSR when feeding a baby?
- Nursing mothers are advised to use Ocid DSR with caution as the drug may pass into breast milk and could harm the baby.
Can I drive after taking Ocid DSR?
- Few patients on Ocid DSR may experience side effects like dizziness, headache, decreased alertness etc. Caution must be exercised in such patients when driving or operating heavy machinery.
What happens if I overdose on Ocid DSR?
- It should not be administered in more than recommended dose as it may lead to toxicity. Major signs of acute toxicity include: confusion, tremors, drowsiness, increased heart beat etc.
What happens if I take expired Ocid DSR?
- Taking a single expired dose may not cause any major adverse effect. However, the potency of the medicine may well have been reduced.
What happens if I miss a dose of Ocid DSR?
- Always administer the missed dose as soon as you remember it. But, if it’s already time for the second dose– do not take double the dose to make up for the missed dose.