Table of Contents
- 1 What is Okacet?
- 2 Uses of Okacet
- 3 How does Okacet work?
- 4 How to take Okacet?
- 5 Okacet Common Dosage
- 6 When to Avoid Okacet?
- 7 Precautions While Taking Okacet:
- 8 Side-Effects of Okacet:
- 9 Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- 9.1 1. Food Interactions with Okacet
- 9.2 2. Medicines Interactions with Okacet
- 9.3 3. Effects of Okacet on Lab Tests
- 9.4 4. Okacet’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
- 9.5 Q. Can I have Okacet with alcohol?
- 9.6 Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
- 9.7 Q. Can I have Okacet when pregnant?
- 9.8 Q. Can I have Okacet when feeding a baby?
- 9.9 Q. Can I drive after taking Okacet?
- 10 Buyer’s Guide – Okacet Composition, Variant and Price
- 11 Substitutes of Okacet
- 12 FAQs – 12 Important Questions Answered about Okacet
- 12.1 Q. What is Okacet?
- 12.2 Q. What are the uses of Okacet ?
- 12.3 Q. What are the side effects of Okacet ?
- 12.4 Q. How effective is Okacet?
- 12.5 Q. Should Okacet be taken on an empty stomach?
- 12.6 Q. Does Okacet make you drowsy?
- 12.7 Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Okacet doses?
- 12.8 Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
- 12.9 Q. Does Okacet effect my menstrual cycle?
- 12.10 Q. Is Okacet safe for children?
- 12.11 Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Okacet?
- 12.12 Q. Is Okacet legal in India?
- 13 Authored By –
1What is Okacet?
Okacet is mainly used to prevent or treat conditions Common cold, skin allergies and watery eyes etc. Somnolence (altered sleep pattern) is the major side effect seen with Okacet. It should be totally avoided in cases of renal impairment and allergic reactions
Okacet Composition: Cetrizine Hydrochloride 10 mg
Manufactured By: Cipla Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Prescription: Required as it comes under schedule ‘H’ but is also available as OTC
Form: Tablet and syrup.
Price: Rs 20.16 for 10 tablets.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Antiallergic