Skip to Content
- Storing Olive Oil
- Helps Remove Makeup
- Has Anti-Aging Properties
- Cure for Blackheads and Whiteheads
- Olive Oil as a Moisturizer for Face
- Works as a Shaving Cream
- Should I use a face wash after using a honey and olive oil face pack?
- What are the benefits of using olive oil on your face? Does it do any good to the face?
- What are the benefits of applying olive oil on your face overnight? Does it reduce wrinkles?
- Which are the best brands of olive oil for the face? Also, can we use olive oil on our face every day?
- Does the application of olive oil on the face lead to the growth of hair on the face?
- Can you use olive oil as a face moisturizer?
- Should I apply olive oil on the face? If so, how do you use it on the face?
- Can olive oil clog my pores? Can it make my skin breakout?
- Can olive oil cause acne?
- Can olive oil lighten the skin tone?
- Does olive oil remove pimples?
Over the last decade, everyone has been harping on the beauty benefits of olive oil. Olive oil is often used as an ingredient in face wash products. There are several benefits of olive oil. Many cosmetics products also have olive oil bases. It’s found in some soaps, body washes, and lotions.
Know In Detail: Benefit of Tea Tree For Pimples
What is Olive Oil?
Olive oil obtained from olives, a traditional tree crop of the Mediterranean Basin. The oil is produced by pressing whole olives.
You Should Read: Benefit of Tea Tree For Pimples
Storing Olive Oil
- You can keep unopened olive oil in a cool, dark place for up to two years (high-quality olive oil will last longer).
- Once you open the container, the oil begins to degrade much faster.
- Keep the bottle tightly capped and away from heat and direct light. The best strategy is to use olive oil often.
Check Out: Benefits of Almond Oil For Face
Benefits of Olive Oil for Face
Helps Remove Makeup
Dip a couple of cotton balls in olive oil and rub them over your face to remove makeup. The oil can also soften the skin around your eyes. There are even more benefits of Olive oil for your skin. Make sure to learn about all the ways you can benefit from it.
Has Anti-Aging Properties
Presence of Group B and D vitamins prevent the appearance of new wrinkles.
Read More: Benefits of Argan Oil For Face
Cure for Blackheads and Whiteheads
Olive oil is a natural cure for blackheads and whiteheads. It unclogs the pores by absorbing the impurities accumulated and thus taking care of the whiteheads and blackheads.
Olive Oil as a Moisturizer for Face
Extra olive oil penetrates deep into the skin on your face, it also shields to protect your skin. You can also massage your skin and face with olive oil. Explore all the massage benefits of olive oil
Works as a Shaving Cream
Nowadays, Olive oil is a great substitute for the shaving creams that we use. It’s faster, cleaner and leaves your skin feeling smoother. You’ll ward off razor burn and bumps with the help of this natural lubricant. Learn more about the benefits of Olive oil for beard growth
Characteristics of Olive Oil
- Anti-inflammatory – soothe the swelling and redness that accompanies acne.
- Vitamin E – reduce free radical damage and slow the aging process of your cells.
- Vitamin K – decreases the risk of bone fractures.
- Fatty Acids like omega-3s and omega-6s for keeping skin hydrated and younger looking.
Know More: Benefits of Castor Oil For Face
How to Apply Olive Oil
- Using your fingertips, massage the oil on your facial area in circular motions.
- Now, dip the face cloth in hot water.
- Press and hold the face cloth firmly against your face until it comes down to room temperature.
- Remove the cloth and rinse it using the hot water again.
- Pat your face dry using a paper towel.
You Should See: How To Use Olive Oil
Side Effects and Precautions
Excessive use of anything can be harmful. So here are some side effects that can be caused by excessive use of Olive Oil.
- Can cause skin rashes
- Can cause allergies
- Can cause Acne
- Is not suitable for dry skin
- Not suitable for Babies skin
Learn More: Benefits of Coconut Oil For Face
11 Questions About Olive Oil For Face Answered
Should I use a face wash after using a honey and olive oil face pack?
It is not advisable to use a face wash after applying honey and olive oil face pack as the face wash strips the skin of the essential benefits of the pack that could be absorbed by the skin. Wash the face pack with plain water and tone your face with an alcohol-free toner. Moisturize your face using a good herbal moisturizer.
What are the benefits of using olive oil on your face? Does it do any good to the face?
Olive oil provides many benefits to the skin. It moisturizes and hydrates the skin and also locks in the moisture inside the cells. It makes the skin firm and elastic, reduces acne, evens out blemishes and skin discolorations and minimizes open pore size. It lightens dark circles and brightens the skin complexion. It makes the skin healthy, flawless, supple and radiant. These are some of the many good things that can happen to your skin that can be achieved with the regular application of olive oil.
What are the benefits of applying olive oil on your face overnight? Does it reduce wrinkles?
The application of olive oil on the face overnight has multifarious benefits. Olive oil moisturizes and nourishes the skin as it is rich in vitamins, minerals, and other essential nutrients. It makes the skin firm and elastic and improves the skin’s texture and skin tone. It forms a protective layer on the skin and protects the skin from Eczema and psoriasis. It lessens acne outbreaks and inflammation on acne bumps because of its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Olive oil is also rich in antioxidants and flavonoids that protect the skin from sun damage, dust, and pollutants. Applying and leaving olive oil overnight for skin treatment gives the skin ample rest and healing time. Since it makes the skin elastic and firm, it prevents early signs of aging and wrinkles.
Which are the best brands of olive oil for the face? Also, can we use olive oil on our face every day?
Kama Ayurveda extra virgin organic olive oil, Khadi Naturals olive oil, Figaro extra virgin olive oil, Aloe Veda massage oil extra virgin olive oil and Aroma Magic olive oil are some of the best brands of olive oil available in the market that can be used on the face. Yes, you can easily apply olive oil on the face every day.
Does the application of olive oil on the face lead to the growth of hair on the face?
No, the application of olive oil on the face does not lead to the growth of facial hair.
Can you use olive oil as a face moisturizer?
Yes, you can apply olive oil on the face as a face moisturizer. Olive oil has a non-greasy texture that makes the skin absorb it easily without clogging the pores. The oil is rich in Vitamin E and antioxidants. While the former nourishes the skin and works as a barrier between the skin and pollutants, the latter scavenges free radicals and saves the skin from cellular damage or altered structures. It hydrates dry, dehydrated skin and locks the moisture in the cells.
Should I apply olive oil on the face? If so, how do you use it on the face?
Yes, you can safely apply olive oil on the face without second considerations. For applying olive oil on the face, first, wash your face with a mild herbal face wash and cold water and pat dry. You can either apply olive oil directly or mix it with some other essential oil prior to use. Then apply a few drops of the oil on the skin and gently massage it for a few minutes till the skin absorbs it.
Can olive oil clog my pores? Can it make my skin breakout?
No, olive oil is very light on the skin. Since it is non-sticky and non-greasy, it does not sit heavy on the skin and is immediately absorbed by the pores. Hence it does not clog the skin pores. Since it does not clog the pores, it does not cause any breakouts or zits and pimples. On the contrary, it is one of the best natural remedies for acne breakouts and pimples.
Can olive oil cause acne?
No, olive oil does not cause acne. Contrary to the statement, olive oil has been used in the treatment of acne and acne scars for a long time now. Olive oil seeps deep into the skin, cleanses it and clears the skin pores off of Propionibacterium acne and cutibacterium acne, bacteria that cause acne outbreaks.
Can olive oil lighten the skin tone?
When cold-pressed pure olive oil is blended with lemon juice and applied on the face on an everyday basis, it helps in lightening the skin tone and imparting it a radiant and flawless glow.
Does olive oil remove pimples?
Yes, olive oil helps in ridding the skin from ugly pimples and zits. It gently removes sebum and dirt that clog the pores. This build up houses germs and bacteria that cause pimples and other skin problems.