Table of Contents
- What is Ome RD?
- Uses of Ome RD:
- Ome RD Composition
- How does Ome RD work?
- Ome RD Price in India
- How to Take Ome RD?
- Common Dosage for Ome RD:
- When to Avoid Ome RD?
- Side-effects of Ome RD:
- Effect on organs?
- Reported Allergic Reactions?
- Drug Interactions to Be Careful About
- Shows Effects / Results In:
- Storage of Ome RD
- Pro Tips When Taking Ome RD:
- Frequently asked questions
- Is Ome RD addictive?
- Can I have Ome RD with alcohol?
- Any particular food item to be avoided?
- Can I have Ome RD when pregnant?
- Can I have Ome RD when feeding a baby?
- Can I drive after taking Ome RD?
- What happens if I overdose on Ome RD?
- What happens if I take expired Ome RD?
- What happens if I miss a dose of Ome RD?
- Similar Reads
What is Ome RD?
- Ome RD is a fixed dose combination of Omeprazole (20mg) and Domperidone (30mg) used for the treatment of acidity, heart burn, nausea, vomiting etc.
Uses of Ome RD:
- It can be used for the following conditions:
- Gastroesophageal reflex disease (GERD)
- Gastric ulcer
- Zollinger Ellison syndrome
- Heart burn
- Erosive esophagitis
- Idiopathic or diabetic gastroparesis (condition which prevents stomach emptying)
- Helicobacter pylori infection
Ome RD Composition
- Omeprazole (20mg)
- Domperidone (30mg)
Read more: Nervigard Xl Composition
How does Ome RD work?
- Omeprazole belongs to group of drugs called as “proton pump inhibitor” which works by inhibiting gastric acid secretion. It inhibits acid secretion both in resting phase as well as when stimulated by food thus preventing heart burn and gastric ulcer disease.
- Domperidone belongs to a group of drugs called as “dopamine antagonists” which works by propelling the food faster through your food pipe from stomach to intestine.
- It also prevents food from flowing wrong way back up to food pipe and inhibits vomiting centre in brain thus eventually reducing the feeling of nausea and vomiting.
Ome RD Price in India
|Specification||Ome RD price in India|
|Ome RD 20mg Capsule||Rs. 38|
Also check out: Mupifix Price | Rabekind Dsr Price
How to Take Ome RD?
- Ome RD is available in capsule form for oral use.
- Ome RD is well absorbed orally and should be taken empty stomach (at least half an hour before food) in the morning.
- The capsule should be swallowed as a whole without crushing, chewing or breaking it along with plenty of fluids.
Common Dosage for Ome RD:
- The optimum dosage of Ome RD varies with the condition of the patient, age of the patient and initial response to the drug.
- The recommended dose for Ome RD in adults is one capsule once daily half an hour before food. Ome RD should not be used for more than 14 days if not directed by your doctor.
Read more: Oskar Dsr Dosage
When to Avoid Ome RD?
- Ome RD should be avoided or used with caution in following patients:
- Patients with allergy to any of its components
- Blockage in intestine
- Patients with electrolyte disturbance especially Magnesium, potassium and calcium
- Patients with severe kidney and liver disease
- Congestive heart failure
Read more: Venusmin Precaution
Side-effects of Ome RD:
- Common side effects with Ome RD include:
- Abdominal pain
- Dry mouth
- Increased chances of bone fracture
Read more: Nimeson Side Effects
Effect on organs?
- Patients with severe liver and kidney disease should use Ome RD with caution. Dose adjustment by doctor might be needed in few cases.
Reported Allergic Reactions?
- Report to your doctor if you are allergic to any of the ingredients of Ome RD. Signs of allergic reaction include:
- Rashes/itching of skin
- Shortness of breath
- Swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat
- Loss of consciousness
Drug Interactions to Be Careful About
- It is always advised that the patient must inform the doctor of all the drugs/over the counter products/vitamin supplements being used along with Ome RD capsules.
- All the possible drug interactions might not be listed here. Ome RD may interact with the following drugs and products:
Shows Effects / Results In:
- The effects of Ome RD start within 30 minutes to 1 hour following oral administration and reach its maximum (inhibition of acid) in 2 hours.
Storage of Ome RD
- Stored at room temperature away from direct sunlight and heat.
- Keep medicinesvaway from children and pets.
Pro Tips When Taking Ome RD:
- Ome RD when used in larger doses and for longer duration may increase your risk for bone fractures (osteoporosis) especially among elderly.
- When used for longer duration, it may also cause decrease in magnesium levels in blood. Constant monitoring of blood magnesium levels should be done when on Ome RD therapy.
Frequently asked questions
Is Ome RD addictive?
- No such tendency has been reported.
Can I have Ome RD with alcohol?
- Consumption of alcohol is not recommended when on Ome RD therapy as alcohol increases acidity and cause reflex in food pipe which may further aggregate the problem and reduce the potency of Ome RD.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
- No such interaction with food products observed.
Can I have Ome RD when pregnant?
- Usage of Ome RD is not recommended during pregnancy as it has shown adverse effects on foetus in animal studies. It should only be used if the potential benefits justify the risks involved.
Can I have Ome RD when feeding a baby?
- Nursing mothers are advised to use Ome RD with caution as the drug may pass into breast milk and could harm the baby.
Can I drive after taking Ome RD?
- Few patients on Ome RD may experience side effects like dizziness, headache, decreased alertness etc. Caution must be exercised in such patients when driving or operating heavy machinery.
What happens if I overdose on Ome RD?
- It should not be administered in more than recommended dose as it may lead to toxicity. Major signs of acute toxicity include: confusion, tremors, drowsiness, increased heart beat etc.
What happens if I take expired Ome RD?
- Taking a single expired dose may not cause any major adverse effect. However, the potency of the medicine may well have been reduced.
What happens if I miss a dose of Ome RD?
- Always administer the missed dose as soon as you remember it. But, if it’s already time for the second dose– do not take double the dose to make up for the missed dose.