Table of Contents
- What is Omeday D?
- Uses of Omeday D:
- Omeday D Composition
- How does Omeday D work?
- Omeday D Price in India
- How to Take Omeday D?
- Common Dosage for Omeday D:
- When to Avoid Omeday D?
- Side-effects of Omeday D:
- Effect on organs?
- Reported Allergic Reactions?
- Drug Interactions to Be Careful About
- Shows Effects / Results In:
- Storage of Omeday D
- Pro Tips When Taking Omeday D:
- Frequently asked questions
- Is Omeday D addictive?
- Can I have Omeday D with alcohol?
- Any particular food item to be avoided?
- Can I have Omeday D when pregnant?
- Can I have Omeday D when feeding a baby?
- Can I drive after taking Omeday D?
- What happens if I overdose on Omeday D?
- What happens if I take expired Omeday D?
- What happens if I miss a dose of Omeday D?
- Similar Reads
What is Omeday D?
- Omeday D is a fixed dose combination of Omeprazole (20mg) and Domperidone (30mg) used for the treatment of acidity, heart burn, nausea, vomiting etc.
Save using: Myra Medicines Promo Code | 1mg Promo Code | Practo Promo Code
Uses of Omeday D:
- It can be used for the following conditions:
- Gastroesophageal reflex disease (GERD)
- Gastric ulcer
- Zollinger Ellison syndrome
- Heart burn
- Erosive esophagitis
- Idiopathic or diabetic gastroparesis (condition which prevents stomach emptying)
- Helicobacter pylori infection
Omeday D Composition
- Omeprazole (20mg)
- Domperidone (30mg)
Read more: Nimulid Hf Composition
How does Omeday D work?
- Omeprazole belongs to group of drugs called as “proton pump inhibitor” which works by inhibiting gastric acid secretion. It inhibits acid secretion both in resting phase as well as when stimulated by food thus preventing heart burn and gastric ulcer disease.
- Domperidone belongs to a group of drugs called as “dopamine antagonists” which works by propelling the food faster through your food pipe from stomach to intestine.
- It also prevents food from flowing wrong way back up to food pipe and inhibits vomiting centre in brain thus eventually reducing the feeling of nausea and vomiting.
Omeday D Price in India
|Specification||Omeday D price in India|
|Omeday D 20mg Capsule||Rs. 48.7|
Also check out: Venusmin Price
How to Take Omeday D?
- Omeday D is available in capsule form for oral use.
- Omeday D is well absorbed orally and should be taken empty stomach (at least half an hour before food) in the morning.
- The capsule should be swallowed as a whole without crushing, chewing or breaking it along with plenty of fluids.
Common Dosage for Omeday D:
- The optimum dosage of Omeday D varies with the condition of the patient, age of the patient and initial response to the drug.
- The recommended dose for Omeday D in adults is one capsule once daily half an hour before food. Omeday D should not be used for more than 14 days if not directed by your doctor.
Read more: Nervigard Xl Dosage | Ome Rd Dosage
When to Avoid Omeday D?
- Omeday D should be avoided or used with caution in following patients:
- Patients with allergy to any of its components
- Blockage in intestine
- Patients with electrolyte disturbance especially Magnesium, potassium and calcium
- Patients with severe kidney and liver disease
- Congestive heart failure
Side-effects of Omeday D:
- Common side effects with Omeday D include:
- Abdominal pain
- Dry mouth
- Increased chances of bone fracture
Read more: Mupifix Side Effects | Rabekind Dsr Side Effects
Effect on organs?
- Patients with severe liver and kidney disease should use Omeday D with caution. Dose adjustment by doctor might be needed in few cases.
Reported Allergic Reactions?
- Report to your doctor if you are allergic to any of the ingredients of Omeday D. Signs of allergic reaction include:
- Rashes/itching of skin
- Shortness of breath
- Swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat
- Loss of consciousness
Drug Interactions to Be Careful About
- It is always advised that the patient must inform the doctor of all the drugs/over the counter products/vitamin supplements being used along with Omeday D capsules.
- All the possible drug interactions might not be listed here. Omeday D may interact with the following drugs and products:
Shows Effects / Results In:
- The effects of Omeday D start within 30 minutes to 1 hour following oral administration and reach its maximum (inhibition of acid) in 2 hours.
Storage of Omeday D
- Stored at room temperature away from direct sunlight and heat.
- Keep medicines away from children and pets.
Pro Tips When Taking Omeday D:
- Omeday D when used in larger doses and for longer duration may increase your risk for bone fractures (osteoporosis) especially among elderly.
- When used for longer duration, it may also cause decrease in magnesium levels in blood. Constant monitoring of blood magnesium levels should be done when on Omeday D therapy.
Frequently asked questions
Is Omeday D addictive?
- No such tendency has been reported.
Can I have Omeday D with alcohol?
- Consumption of alcohol is not recommended when on Omeday D therapy as alcohol increases acidity and cause reflex in food pipe which may further aggregate the problem and reduce the potency of Omeday D.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
- No such interaction with food products observed.
Can I have Omeday D when pregnant?
- Usage of Omeday D is not recommended during pregnancy as it has shown adverse effects on foetus in animal studies. It should only be used if the potential benefits justify the risks involved.
Can I have Omeday D when feeding a baby?
- Nursing mothers are advised to use Omeday D with caution as the drug may pass into breast milk and could harm the baby.
Can I drive after taking Omeday D?
- Few patients on Omeday D may experience side effects like dizziness, headache, decreased alertness etc. Caution must be exercised in such patients when driving or operating heavy machinery.
What happens if I overdose on Omeday D?
- It should not be administered in more than recommended dose as it may lead to toxicity. Major signs of acute toxicity include: confusion, tremors, drowsiness, increased heart beat etc.
What happens if I take expired Omeday D?
- Taking a single expired dose may not cause any major adverse effect. However, the potency of the medicine may well have been reduced.
What happens if I miss a dose of Omeday D?
- Always administer the missed dose as soon as you remember it. But, if it’s already time for the second dose– do not take double the dose to make up for the missed dose.