Table of Contents
- 1 What is Ondem?
- 2 Uses of Ondem
- 3 How does Ondem work?
- 4 How to take Ondem?
- 5 Common Dosage for Ondem
- 6 When to Avoid Ondem?
- 7 Precautions While Taking Ondem
- 8 Side-Effects of Ondem
- 9 Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- 9.1 1. Food Interactions with Ondem
- 9.2 2. Medicines Interactions with Ondem
- 9.3 3. Effects of Ondem on Lab Tests
- 9.4 4. Ondem’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
- 9.5 Q. Can I have Ondem with alcohol?
- 9.6 Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
- 9.7 Q. Can I have Ondem when pregnant?
- 9.8 Q. Can I have Ondem when feeding a baby?
- 9.9 Q. Can I drive after taking Ondem?
- 10 Buyer’s Guide – Ondem Composition, Variant and Price
- 11 Substitutes of Ondem
- 12 FAQs – 10 Questions Answered about Ondem
- 12.1 Q. What is Ondem?
- 12.2 Q. How effective it is/ How long does it take for Ondem to show results?
- 12.3 Q. Should Ondem be taken on an empty stomach?
- 12.4 Q. Does Ondem make you drowsy?
- 12.5 Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Ondem doses?
- 12.6 Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
- 12.7 Q. Does Ondem effect my menstrual cycle?
- 12.8 Q. Is Ondem safe for children?
- 12.9 Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Ondem?
- 12.10 Q. Is Ondem legal in India?
- 13 Authored by –
1What is Ondem?
Used mainly to prevent or treat conditions like vomiting, nausea. Convulsion and facial flushing are the major side effects at high repetitive doses. It should be totally avoided in case of liver and cardiac diseases.
Ondem Composition: Ondansetron 4 mg
Manufactured By: Alkem Laboratories Ltd
Prescription: Required as it comes under schedule ‘H’ but it is available as OTC
Form: Tablet, syrup, injections, patches and syrup
Price: Rs 49.27 for 10 tablets.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Antiemetic